• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo NYC store twitter: [jay leno monologue voice] you heard about the sness?

what do you say when you want to sound like a hayseed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dyle

The sness reprobates are hinging their legitimacy on a meme that does this to the internet:

lholfOp.jpg

Don't worship false gods.

But is Cairo pronounced Kai-row or Kay-row?

Some Nobody

What kind of heathen shit is this thread? I knew ONE girl that pronounced it SNES. Everyone else I've ever met has the good sense to say Super NES, Super Nintendo, or S.N.E.S, which is the correct way.

Sness is gross. Do better.

I’m still not comvinced Xander is old enough to even weigh in on this. “My parents assure me that when this machine was current it was called sness!”

Megatron

As someone who actually worked at Nintendo, they actually prefer to say the entire name of the system because that's how they were trained when they had to speak with customers.

Talking to coworkers/each other it's clearly S-N-E-S though, you heathens.

Not

Banned
zed sness

zed sness

Zed Sness is like a joke character from a Garth Ennis comic who gets his balls blown off after three pages

I googled him, I thought he made that dinosaur art.

Could not even begin to fathom that's how some people pronounce the emulator.

Get help.

i just realized all the mods on the wrong side of history here are from the uk or australia or canada

this is british imperialism

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's an acronym, so you pronounce the letters individually. I bet all of you say Pee Es Four when you see PS4. Nobody tries to say phsfour.

okay thank you for your input junior prescriptivist, i'm sure you'll get your boy scout badge some day

Nanashrew

Banned
As someone who actually worked at Nintendo, they actually prefer to say the entire name of the system because that's how they were trained when they had to speak with customers.

I feel redeeeeeeeeemmmeeddd.

It's actually correct to pronounce every gaming system as an acronym.

A-T-A-R-I
C-O-L-E-C-O
C-O-M-M-O-D-O-R-E

People spelled out everything those days. I hear they even pronounced GAF as G-A-F.

You heard of Elf on a Shelf now get ready for Ness on THE SUPER NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF NINTENDO INCORPORATED COPYRIGHT CIRCA 1990

Christine

See, now this would be an initialism, because you can't functionally read it as a word.

Unlike SNES (or DARPA and NASA).

You can't functionally read SNES as a word, either. The incredibly dumb sound that comes out of your face is not a word, it's a public embarrassment.

Top Bottom