• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power - June 2008

CTLance

Vagabundo said:
The crazy things nin-gaffers do to pass the time. Get out and get a job, ya bums.
But this is so much more fun!

Praise the lord Nintendo hasn't discovered viral marketing a la ilovebees... 90% of their customers would never leave the house again.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jocchan said:
o6z9jn.gif
:lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
tabsina said:
how do you people come up with these things :lol
It's also a reference to the pic I made when NiGHTS was hinted in the same way:
k1x43k.jpg

Well, if the Prof Layton theory of mine ends up being a bust, we could always go by the 5 degrees of separation:

Lunar
Lunar Eclipse
"Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler
Heart(s) = Zelda
New Zelda game official!

Chao

Well people got it pretty fast when they hinted NiGHTS 2. This time it looks more difficult, but I think they'll just talk about that "Moon" game for the NDS.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
yeah, this is most likely Renegade Kid's Moon. it could also be Fragile, and i'm crossing my fingers it is, but anything beyond that would be within the realm of highly unlikely as far as i'm concerned.

It's not Moon. Nintendo would not hype up an indy game to this extent.

It's not Fragile. The game isn't even 30% done and this is Scamco we're talking about, we'll be lucky if it even gets translated.

IT'S CASTLEVANIA.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Chris Michael said:
It's not Moon. Nintendo would not hype up an indy game to this extent.

It's not Fragile. The game isn't even 30% done and this is Scamco we're talking about, we'll be lucky if it even gets translated.

IT'S HARVEST MOON.

Fix'd.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Whatever it is, it's third-party.

From the letters section:

"We know of a few big third-party titles already, but unfortunately we're sworn to secrecy. We'll be able to fill you in on one of those games next month, though - and it's a shocker!"

CaVaYeRo

DreD said:
A preview of Renegade Kid's Moon is my guess.

could it be Moon... but for the Wii?

we've found that Renegade is looking for artists, programmers and producers "for the development of Renegade Kid's next original title for the Wii", as it says in their website.

I don't know if Moon would be such a big announcement, though.

Sadist

Htown said:

"We know of a few big third-party titles already, but unfortunately we're sworn to secrecy. We'll be able to fill you in on one of those games next month, though - and it's a shocker!"
LOL TALES OF SYMPHONIA DAWN OF THE NEW WORLD

Sadist said:
LOL TALES OF SYMPHONIA DAWN OF THE NEW WORLD

Yep, that was one hell of a letdown. :'(

I'm guessing it's Castlevania: OoE for the DS.

How can it be Harvest Moon when the Wii game is previewed in this very issue?

And has RK's Moon been shown in NP already? I can't remember.

And what the hell does the issue say about Tree of Tranquility and We Love Golf?

Zelda compilation for Nintendo DS:
Zelda OOT + Zelda MM + Zelda Oracles on one cartridge...

This is so awesome, the moon will explode!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Htown said:

Was this in reference to Wii or DS?

After reading about that FFIV sequel they have on phones in Japan in EGM I thought this could be about that.

I'm going with Castlevania though. The red moon is kind of a Castlevania thing. You see it a lot in the the games, posters, and art.

Dascu

Nice artwork. Seems Rabbids 3 is yet another party game. Oh Ubisoft...

Also, aren't those kind of scans forbidden too?

Akai

Maxrpg said:
get that outta here

And LOL it's Castlevania. LOL at anyone else who thought it was something IN THE MOON.

I'm fairly certain that a strong majority of us weren't serious...

Teknoman

Crushed said:
LUNAR IMPACT CRATERS ARE NOT STARS, AND THEREFORE DO NOT FORM CONSTELLATIONS

THEY DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

morbo1.jpg

Also man am I glad Yamane is back for sound design. Though no matter who composes for Castlevana, the music is ALWAYS one thing you can count on the be top notch. With the exception of Harmony of Dissonance because of the quality.

Endless said:
So she only dresses like a ho when she's battling demons? Makes sense. Also, is Balthier guest starring or something? Michiru doing the soundtrack is interesting, you'd think she'd be working on the next 3D installment, as she has in the past... 3D-vania going through a heavy rework? Just plain dead?

Top Bottom