• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Producer: Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem is "right on schedule"

Lunar15

This has just been one of the best E3's in recent memory.

New IP's

Star Fox teases

Zelda

Confirmation that SMTxFE is still being made

All sorts of good stuff from Nintendo

This has just been one of the best E3's in recent memory.

New IP's

Star Fox teases

Zelda

Confirmation that SMTxFE is still being made

All sorts of good stuff from Nintendo

A new Metroid game and/or a Majora's Mask remake would make this E3 just about perfect in my eyes

Gamerloid

Who cares? Why are people shitting up this thread?

I'm sure plenty here care for accuracy when it comes to games being in development and being formally announced. You seem to be bothered by people s****ing up this thread, yet you make a post like this that adds nothing to the discussion.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
good to know, cant wait.. I hope they will use the touch screen heavily for the grid, with the usual gorgeous battle animations on tv

raigeki11

Neo Member
Awesome news can't wait to see something substantial about the game

Title change is pretty dumb. Just because Sony failed so hard with TLG doesn't mean IS is gonna pull a Team Ico. Stupid. The game even shows on Nintendo's 2014 release schedule.

Think maybe we could give that schedule a look-see?

Anth0ny

Nice! Hoping to see it at a Direct later this year and ready for a 2015 release.

we'll see it at E3 next year and it will be ready for a 2016 release

Sendou

SMTxFE seems more like a TGS game than E3, even though wasn't it announced at E3 last year?

It was announced in Direct that was livestreamed in January 2013. TGS seems doubtful because neither Atlus nor Nintendo has really been into that event.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Now what about Monster Games? Does anyone know if they are working one one of the games we saw at E3, or are they working on something still unnounced?

I think we'll see it by E3 next year. When they revealed it there was no gameplay footage or cutscene footage so they had probably just started development. IS and Atlus are both great developers so I'm looking forward to playing this.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It was announced in Direct that was livestreamed in January 2013. TGS seems doubtful because neither Atlus nor Nintendo has really been into that event.

with Nintendo doing "Directs" even for the E3, and not being at TGS since...forever, I'd say that they will show it whenever they want, in another Direct.

I hope that they'll do another "September" event, as the one before the Wii U launch (when they announced MHU, COD BLOPS2, Bayonetta2, Warriros Orochi 3 Hyper and Ken's rage), to showcase Fire Emblem and Fatal Frame, and maybe even once again COD and MH :p
(none of the aformentioend game is a real "first party game")

MilesTeg

Banned
Awesome news can't wait to see something substantial about the game

Think maybe we could give that schedule a look-see?

Well, turns out I was somewhat wrong. It shows on their financial briefing for the end of fiscal year 2013, the one that came out 5/8. It's listed as TBD along with Yarn Yoshi and Zelda, so most likely a 2015 title.

Either way, that alone is more acknowledgement of the product than Sony has given TLG in recent years.

raigeki11

Neo Member
Well, turns out I was somewhat wrong. It shows on their financial briefing for the end of fiscal year 2013, the one that came out 5/8. It's listed as TBD along with Yarn Yoshi and Zelda, so most likely a 2015 title.

Either way, that alone is more acknowledgement of the product than Sony has given TLG in recent years.

Ah ok that makes sense. And I agree the comparisons to TLG are totally unfair, especially when you consider that Atlus/IS also make other games

RiggyRob

Good, people doubting Nintendo about this were overreacting.

Has there ever been a Nintendo-made game (as in first party Japan-based studio like EAD, not Retro or Rare) that was cancelled after it had been announced?

NeonZ

Is Atlus big? Because like I know they are working on Persona 5 and a bunch of other games, so I'm just curious as to what their manpower looks like.

Persona Dancing All Night is outsourced. They've finished Persona Q. So, their upcoming internally developed games now are just Persona 5, Devil Survivor 2 Break Record (a port which has had no news about it since midway through last year) and SMT x FE if it's really mostly developed by them.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Is Atlus big? Because like I know they are working on Persona 5 and a bunch of other games, so I'm just curious as to what their manpower looks like.

Like all Japanese developers, they are littered with additional contract agencies that flesh out the teams. Have you see the work force for Knack? Like 10 companies. Which is typical especially for big production games.

Semajer

All I wanted from E3 was footage of SMTXFE, when it wasn't in the Digital Event I was pretty unhappy, which was made worse by the finale
?
to the SMTIV clusterfuck.

But, confirmation that this is still alive will do for now.

Ansatz

Good, people doubting Nintendo about this were overreacting.

Has there ever been a Nintendo-made game (as in first party Japan-based studio like EAD, not Retro or Rare) that was cancelled after it had been announced?

Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

There have, but it's a far rarer occurrence with Nintendo than almost any other publisher. On the Wii, for example, Project H.A.M.M.E.R. and Cosmic Walker got canned, but I think that's about it.

Tamanator

Now what about Monster Games? Does anyone know if they are working one one of the games we saw at E3, or are they working on something still unnounced?

Well they last worked on Tropical Freeze, so perhaps they are assisting with whatever Retro is working on.

Top Bottom