• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo sales - Zelda: 3.84 million, Pokémon S&M: 15.44 million, Kirby: 1.36 million

Vena

Kirby actually did a lot better than I expected, I wonder if there wasn't some degree of WoM going on with Robobot because it got a lot of praise.

weekev

Banned
Daqa_Koh_shrine_8.jpg

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad to see Zelda and Kirby doing well. Those teams earned those sales.

I just realized I cannot WAIT for MK8D numbers

I'm salivating at the thought

I'm oddly interested in Nintendo's Q1 FY2018 report for MK8D sales as well (and ARMS, too) (and Splatoon 2 in Q2).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Kirby actually did a lot better than I expected, I wonder if there wasn't some degree of WoM going on with Robobot because it got a lot of praise.

it IS a great game, imho
best Kirby game since...a long time.

E-phonk

Banned
Wait. Did Switch Zelda really outsell the console itself?

There's like 55% attach rate in Japan, like what?

Combination of: numbers shipped (where 100% of switch is sold through, but only 90% of zelda for example) + limited edition + people who bought both digital and physical.

Almost 4 million for Zelda already. Breaking the 10 million unit barrier is very much in play.
If they nail the DLC and it can create a new buzz at the end of the year it might be indeed.

NEO0MJ

Kirby is that Nintendo franchise that people keep wondering why it gets sequels over F-Zero, not knowing that almost each game quietly sells over a million, usually at full price.

El Odio

Banned
Good job to Kirby. Robobot is easily one of the best games in the series. An absolute treat the whole way through.

Unison

Solid sales... I wonder how high Zelda will ultimately get... seems like there's still a lot of upside as the Switch picks up steam.

Madao

Did Breath of the Wild already surpass Skyward Sword?

yup. Skyward sold 3.67 million LTD. insane that BotW beat it in a month. it also blew past the original MM (not counting MM3D since combined it puts MM at 5+ million)

How do third version Pokemon games sell compared to the first two?

iirc, Platinum, Emerald and Crystal all sold less than the individual pairs they corresponded to (meaning, Platinum did less than Diamond or Pearl individually and so on).

duckroll

Really nice Zelda numbers. It should be able to double that lifetime I think. But 10 million is probably still a stretch. That'll need a lot of legs.

Vena

it IS a great game, imho
best Kirby game since...a long time.

Kirby is that Nintendo franchise that people keep wondering why it gets sequels over F-Zero, not knowing that almost each game quietly sells over a million, usually at full price.

Kirby games are consistently million sellers.

Come now, do you think I do not know this or that I did not play (and love) this game? I was coming at this more from the point of view of the 3DS being long in the tooth on software moving power.

wapplew

Really nice Zelda numbers. It should be able to double that lifetime I think. But 10 million is probably still a stretch. That'll need a lot of legs.

I could see it become GTA5 on PS4/Xbox one, everyone pick up a copy when they buy Switch.

Top Bottom