• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Strategy Briefing 2015 thread (Nintendo discusses smartphone title Miitomo)

I think the argument that "people recognize Miis" is heavily flawed because I find it extremely hard to believe that the casual audience played the Wii because of the Miis, and if that's not the case then they won't suddenly see an app with Miis and be compelled to grab it.

Instro

Given the kinds of games that are popular on mobile, a game for designing minis and communicating seems like it would make bank. Not sure why anyone here really cares about their mobile output anyway, it was never going to be anything other than stuff for the casual audience.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
This is a pretty good idea, and perfect for the target market.

And, that one tweet from earlier was spot on: core reaction is negative.

Great IP to start in Japan, it should hopefully do well, and possibly Europe too. America eh

In the new “Miitomo” game, users will design their own avatars, or “Miis,” to communicate with other users. Executive Shinya Takahashi says that Nintendo will find ways to encourage people who are hesitant to talk to share things about themselves.

ffdgh

0z4HrX6.png
....well then. Derp.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
So the app is pretty much Nintendo meets Tinder?
Nintinder

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
4 more mobile games before March 2017! Don't strain yourself too hard there Nintendo.
Then you realized that they will be treating the games as services and keep adding new content to those games. And it's not like they are launching a new platform next year.

Quality > Quantity... There are already enough shitty mobile time wasters on mobile, they wouldn't even bother of they didn't have something unique to add to the table.

Mendoza

If it's the extension of StreetPass that has live updates and notifications, I think we're in for a treat. You guys aren't excited about the possibilities of this?

Gnilres

Senior Managing Director Shigeru Miyamoto says DeNA will help operate the smartphone games, while Nintendo will focus on ways to guide users to its hardware.

I'm actually glad. Focus on what you know, Ninty

Nintendo on smartphones = Microsoft on PC.
The things nobody asked for instead of better franchises/games.

To be honest, I don't see who asked for more mobile games. I mean, seriously, isn't there sth more anti-climatic than a smartphone announcement on gaf ? Even mods takes a fun at making misleading threads on that.

"We're literally printing money with Amiibos. Like we can't even keep them in stock they sell so much"

"But our untested and new market of mobile games are delayed, sorry"

STOCK TANKS

Investors are so short sighted, it's almost stupid.

It seems it's 5 between March 2016 and March 2017? At least that's how I'm interpreting it.

Most I've seen tend to quote (or specify what was said) more, update much faster, and only pause like that if there's a trailer playing. But the only time I use them is things like Apple conferences. So who knows.

Are these being translated from Japanese?

Guymelef

That's actually quite the opposite, mobile fans in their 20's have been dying for Nintendo to get on the mobile space forever

I edited my post.
Instead something like a serious Pokemon on smartphones they bring Miis, just like Microsoft launch Fable on PC but no Halo.

I don't get what the appeal of a Nintendo based social networking app is. Isn't the point to leverage their strong IP? This isn't really playing to their strengths based on how I understand it

Blobbers

In the new game Miimoto, you can share things about yourself. For example, you can buy 5 attractive hats from the store, and that tells other people that you like hats. This is a very creative way of expressing yourself and communicating indirectly with others. This game will be revolutionary. NintendoxSmartphone 4 the win.

Top Bottom