• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Strategy Briefing 2015 thread (Nintendo discusses smartphone title Miitomo)

jmizzal

0z4HrX6.png

But Nintendo is clueless what a bad choice blah blah blah /s lol

KingBroly

Banned
"We're literally printing money with Amiibos. Like we can't even keep them in stock they sell so much"

"But our untested and new market of mobile games are delayed, sorry"

STOCK TANKS

Investors are so short sighted, it's almost stupid.

Given how the mobile market works, I doubt revenue is made like how console games are at all.

tauroxd

"We're literally printing money with Amiibos. Like we can't even keep them in stock they sell so much"

"But our untested and new market of mobile games are delayed, sorry"

STOCK TANKS

Investors are so short sighted, it's almost stupid.

hahah true. The only want Mobile games... But they made tons of cash, don't blame them, really.

Red Devil

"Looks like Miis go ahead and communicate with other Miis without your knowledge. This will help people who are hesitant to talk about themselves to communicate with others, and reveal a side of your friends you never knew, Mr. Kimishima says."

Uhh, is this even a game? Sounds like more of a social app, which I guess makes sense if they're only doing this to promote their consoles.

Duh.

I edited my post.
Instead something like a serious Pokemon on smartphones they bring Miis, just like Microsoft launch Fable on PC but no Halo.

That was never going to happen they said it when they announced the partnership with DeNa whoever thought otherwise wasn't up to the news or was on denial.

The first game is a game based on Mii's??? WHAT??? What a mess...

How is that a mess? Tomodachi Life is one of their most popular and highest selling 3DS games, and, being free to play but with add-ons, this has a lot of potential to gross them quite a bit. I say that, for them, it's a pretty good choice.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
"Buy the NX or we'll reveal you killed a woman in 1997." - Shigeru Miyamoto Mii

Astral Dog

Meh i dont see the big real, Miitomo seems like a mobile, experimental versión of street pass,a perfect fit for smartphone users with moré titles coming later.

Elija2

Yo, going back to them talking about being able to transfer data between mobile phones and consoles, if they make it so you can Streetpass people with just your phone then that would be awesome.

javac

The five smartphone apps won’t soon comprise half of sales, Mr. Kimishima says. Nintendo’s goal is to use smart devices to increase the value of its IP, which will help sales of both software and hardware, he says.

Gnilres

The five smartphone apps won’t soon comprise half of sales, Mr. Kimishima says. Nintendo’s goal is to use smart devices to increase the value of its IP, which will help sales of both software and hardware, he says.

RaidenXZ

GUYS! I was looking at the slides from the presentation and look at Link on the slide on page 4. That pose remind you of a certain Gamecube/Wii game ;)

34.jpg

Drago

Well yes but nothing that we can actually look forward at least on what's left of 2015 where the first mobile game was supposed to release :(
They said there were more unnanounced games coming to both WiiU and 3DS this year... as crazy as that is

RedSwirl

Come to think of it, it might be a smart idea to use smartphone apps to draw people to the NX console. Maybe have games that interact with NX console counterparts. Maybe something like the companion apps PlayStation and Xbox games already have, but make them in the form of beefier games that can be played independently and don't feel like shovelware little brothers of AAA games.

Soroc

I really can't believe ppl are making a big deal about the stock. This happens all the time. Investors short stocks just before meetings to make a quick profit then rebuy the stocks the following day. I'm sure it will go right back up in the next day or 2.

nintendo's mobile output will focus on casual audience. WOAH WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO

this is everyone right now. People literally builds themselves up to be disappointed.

oh noooo they didn't announce a new f-zero whyyyy

Top Bottom