• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch 3.0 update Wish list

BooJoh

-1080p TV menu
-Menu themes with music, paid or not
-eShop music
-remove something from my wishlist when I buy it (minor gripe)
-option to allow friends to see you as online while in menus
-move the big orange Parental Controls "On" button into the system menu, it's an eyesore
-the option to set an item to "download first" when multiple games are queued to download
-folders. No rush but I know I'll need them eventually
-maybe resizable icons 3DS-style. I like a grid rather than a row.
-Miiverse
-Netflix/Youtube/etc.. I'm assuming these are coming since there's a separate option for sleep mode during media playback
-WAY more user icons
-maybe a way to opt out of news by region or by user? I added a JP user and now I have JP and NA news.

Bonus:
-who is Amelia and why isn't she Nikki?

Overall I feel like the general OS is a huge step back from 3DS, and a minor step back from Wii U.

*handheld mirroring option on TV mode
What do you mean by this? Like the ability to make it use both JoyCons as if in handheld mode in SnipperClips vs being forced to use a single JoyCon?

DjRalford

Shizza

So basically like most launches the switch is half-baked undercooked from the hardware to the OS (currently ver. 2.0). I wanted to make a thread to specifically talk about what you'd like to see for the switches first major firmware update.

I have a lot of missing features I want to point out but by far what I want the most are:

- A real activity log-- without the fucking parental controls app
- docked os menus* rendering at full 1080p or 4K (if the switch can handle it)
- eshop cart and gifting options

There are a ton of things missing from this base operating system so gaf let's hear what you'd like to see.

I spent a bit of time looking for this today, guess that would be why I never found it. So I'd like that and folders for sure in the next update. Also, If there's a software solution for the joy-con interference issue, that would be nice too.

Ability to have cloud saves
First post nails it once again. With the saves being locked down to the system and the system being transportable I can't stress how important it would be then to have cloud saves. Let's hope it's in the works with the online fee if not I will be really sad and disgusted.

Vitacat

Digital manuals for games. Like every 3DS and WiiU game has.

I'm hoping they are actually there in the games, and Nintendo just hasn't turned on the feature to view them yet.

Bonk

Yeah this is a big one I just had to undock the Switch because my kids couldn't watch Zootropolis.

There is an option in the menu which sounds like it could be responsible. Something like "dependance on tv energy settings". It is the last one with a relatively long explanation. Don't know the exact English wording. Since I am on a German system.

Illucio

Banned
System-Wise:
Web Browser
Miiverse
Ability to play mobile games (Mario Run, Fire Emblem Heroes, ect.) On the Switch.
Trophies
Removal of friend codes for a more standard user adds user experience

Accessory wise:
A iPad like cover that can fold and cover the Switch but it can also fit into the dock as well.
Unique Joycons that offer different control types for different games.
Cool Joycon designs.
An official wall mount with a flexible bar so you can have the Switch screen in front of you and can play while laying in bed. (Would be amazing for the bed ridden.)

Game-Wise:
A freaking game for Amiibo.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
So basically like most launches the switch is half-baked undercooked from the hardware to the OS (currently ver. 2.0). I wanted to make a thread to specifically talk about what you'd like to see for the switches first major firmware update.

I have a lot of missing features I want to point out but by far what I want the most are:

- A real activity log-- without the fucking parental controls app
- docked os menus* rendering at full 1080p or 4K (if the switch can handle it)
- eshop cart and gifting options

There are a ton of things missing from this base operating system so gaf let's hear what you'd like to see.

I was trying to buy some games on their web store on their mobile web version and the desktop one... the way they configured their card details caused Safari Mobile not to be able to input the card details automatically (the only website I have used where this did not work). No PayPal option and no cart on their web eShop either were not what I was expecting :/... at least a cart would have been nice.

neohwa

Did they get the button A and B aka the confirm and cancel button mixed up?

Why is it the opposite now? Any way to change it?

jts

...hate me...
What do you mean by this? Like the ability to make it use both JoyCons as if in handheld mode in SnipperClips vs being forced to use a single JoyCon?
No, I mean we should be able to force play Zelda on TV in 720p with the handheld mode performance if so we wish to. Or any other game.

Lots of people are asking for digital gifting... Funny how Wii, of all systems, is still the only Nintendo console which supported gifting despite having no account system, "proper" or not.

Don't hold your hopes for folders so soon - we already know that console manufacturers do not like implementing folders when there's just not enough software. (And it's not like Switch has a dozen of useless apps which need to be hidden out of sight.)

KingBroly

Banned
- Button Swap ability built into the OS
- Activity Log on the system, not just the Parental Controls App
- Improved Wifi (it seems really hard to connect sometimes)
- Folders
- Music in the eShop
- Netflix

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
-save CC info to eShop account so you don't have to re-enter for every purchase
-cloud saves
-themes
-better data management (moving games/saves between internal and micro sd)
-Activity Log not tied to Parental controls, total time counts for individual games
-folders/icon management
-web browser
-(not Nintendo) - video streaming apps (Netflix, Hulu, Plex, etc)
-get rid of friend codes as promised
-app-independent text chat with friends & party voice chat
-1080p screenshots
-centralized game achievements

Adding a cart and PayPal options would improve the store massively.

Rezbit

Personally I'd love to see the following:

- More themes plus background music option
- Virtual Console
- Media apps (Netflix, YouTube, Twitch, etc)
- Video capture (streaming would be dope)
- Cloud saves
- Folders (once VC and media apps show up)

Yeah pretty much the same for me.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
First post nails it once again. With the saves being locked down to the system and the system being transportable I can't stress how important it would be then to have cloud saves. Let's hope it's in the works with the online fee if not I will be really sad and disgusted.

The will. It do cloud saves until they launch the web service and you can bet they are tied to that.
The only hope now is for exporting saves to SD as encrypted backup, but Nintendo in security paranoia (I still do not think it will make them unhackable) is not very user friendly.

weekev

Banned
There is an option in the menu which sounds like it could be responsible. Something like "dependance on tv energy settings". It is the last one with a relatively long explanation. Don't know the exact English wording. Since I am on a German system.
Awesome found it thank you!

Kthulhu

Let me pull my Mii from my account goddamnit. It's already tied to my account. Why can't I transfer it that way like on 3DS and Wii U?

That's my only frustration, everything else is fine or is something I personally am indifferent towards.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
-StreetPass support
-Activity Log
-Miiverse Support
-Party Chat
-YouTube app
-Twitch App
-Netflix App
-Internet Browser

FUNCTIONALITY:

- Cloud saves
- Youtube, Web Browser, and Netflix
- Game gifting
- Party chat in some form
- Miiverse, or a new social alternative
- Twitch streaming support
- Activity Log
- Achievements
- Street-pass
- Add by friend codes
- Background music
- Button reconfiguration

SETTINGS
- Pin to enter
- Set download speeds
- See download queue
- Reorder download
- Multiple image formats

QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS:

- 1080p or higher UI when docked
- Warm-light night mode
- Folders
- Multiple rows
- Reorganized Eshop w/ music
- Allow me to see when certain friends are online

FIXES
- Joy-con desync
- Wifi issue

indask8

4K when docked for menu and maybe upcoming video playback, why not? Nvidia Shield TV does it.

For 3.0 I'd be happy if they bring a web browser, maybe native youtube app, not that I don't already have a tablet but I still find myself browsing the web on my vita from time to time.

Poona

A system wide trophy/achievement/stars/missions/whatever system. If you don't think it possible remember that Sony didn't have trophies at the start of the PS3 launch either.

Internet browser.

duckroll

I want an activity log, a way to save card info to the eShop, a shopping cart for the eShop, basic messaging functions for the friend list, a way to set the Switch into "charging mode" so it doesn't activate the video out on the dock when you just want to charge it, a save backup option, and improved wifi reception if they can fix it with software.

onken

I don't have one yet personally but have played with the work one. Definitely want to see a YouTube app and cloud saves going forward.

Certinty

Definitely needs a higher resolution UI. Looks like trash when connected to a TV.

Besides that for now I just want apps like Netflix and YouTube and a web browser. That way even when I don't want to game I can at least use the device as a tablet.

I want an activity log, a way to save card info to the eShop, a shopping cart for the eShop, basic messaging functions for the friend list, a way to set the Switch into "charging mode" so it doesn't activate the video out on the dock when you just want to charge it, a save backup option, and improved wifi reception if they can fix it with software.

Unless you've got one of the TVs that doesn't play nicely with HDMI-CEC, if you put the console in the dock with the screen off, it doesn't switch the TV's input.

-save CC info to eShop account so you don't have to re-enter for every purchase
-cloud saves
-themes
-better data management (moving games/saves between internal and micro sd)
-Activity Log not tied to Parental controls, total time counts for individual games
-folders/icon management
-web browser
-(not Nintendo) - video streaming apps (Netflix, Hulu, Plex, etc)
-get rid of friend codes as promised
-app-independent text chat with friends & party voice chat
-1080p screenshots
-centralized game achievements

95 fucking posts GAF? Have you guys not been in the eshop or something? Nintendo needs to make this a priority.

Did they get the button A and B aka the confirm and cancel button mixed up?

Why is it the opposite now? Any way to change it?
A is always confirm, B is always back/cancel. Did this change with the Switch? I don't have mine yet. (I hope you're not confusing the layout with an Xbox controller lol)

Btw, unfortunately I can't see Nintendo ditching the Friend Codes when they deliberately brought them back after ditching them on Wii U...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It would be nice to set a default user so I don't have to get asked which one to use every time I start a game or the eShop. Users should be able to have passwords set on them too, lest save data get tampered with.

Out-of-region eShops should accept more foreign credit cards.

This is my biggest annoyance with multiple accounts already. Let me choose a user on the dashboard and then any apps or games are automatically used as that profile. If I want to be someone else I'll just sign in as them. It would also mean I don't get notifications from every user in eg news - that's just stupid.

Also let me sign out of the dashboard, which would then force the next person to choose - would need this in cases where I'm leaving the switch at home and maybe one of my kids will pick it up, so I want them to be prompted to sign in so they don't accidentally use my profile and saves.

- A fully functioning Web Browser
- The ability to transfer and backup game saves in the cloud or via microSD & USB
- A System Log that is almost identical to the one on the WiiU
- Youtube
- Netflix
- Full 1080p output for all OS menus when docked
- The ability to add friends without friend codes
- A more feature set main menu with a function that allows you to resize game and app icons like the 3DS
- Virtual Console

Top Bottom