• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch 3.0 update Wish list

Epcott

-Photo share between friends
-Video record/streaming
-Cloud saves
-Activity log in OS
-Services like Twitch and Youtube
-Browser
-Miiverse or new substitute like Miitomo cities or something
-Music for eShop or settings menu
-Themes and wallpapers

StereoVsn

There are a lot of necessary features already mentioned so I will throw out a new one.

- Streaming music support both as an app and in background. So like Spotify, Google Music, etc... It would be
- Music and Video applications. Let us play music or movies from the SD card. It would be great for flights for example. Swotch's battery should actually allow quite long playback for video I would junk.
- Speakin of music, let us play music from the SD card in background while gaming.

A few things that would greatly enhance Switch as a portable entertainment device:

Be able to rip and play physical purchases entirely from the SD card. Not going to happen of course.
Netflix/YouTube/Browser apps.
Ability to play media files from SD cards.

Kikorin

-Video recording (already coming seems)
-1080p or 4k OS (Yes, Switch hardware is more than enough to render an os in 4k)
-Cloud saves
-Lot of themes like the 3DS ones
-Stickers?
-Screenshots at full resolution
-Family sharing for digital games
-Proper Activity log

specdot

Nintendo just started doing games in HD with the launch of the WiiU a few years back. Do you guys really think they even know what 4K is?! lol even if it is for the menus.

A proper Virtual Console out the gate would have been nice.

EDarkness

I really want to see them bring back Miiverse. No reason for that not to be there.

Other things I'd like:

-Music on the eShop
-Themes with different music (even if you have to buy some of them)
-1080p OS when docked
-Activity Log (why it doesn't have this is crazy...even the Wii had it)

These are just a few off the top of my head. I'm sure we'll get most of these, though.

FStubbs

I like the minimalism of the Switch so far. While I'm sure Netflix and others are coming, I'll just vote for Virtual Console.

ngower

4K support, the cartridges to play blu rays, increased processing power for better graphical fidelity, VR support, backwards compatibility through all of Nintendo's consoles...

Joking. But I'd like to see something related to accounts updates where we can add friends via their NNID, we can see all our purchae history, transfer save data to a cloud, etc. Basically a PS+-esque update.

J@hranimo

Banned
-Sending messages to friends
-Replacing friend codes with your Nintendo Acct or something equivalent that we can control the creation of
-1080p menus when docked
-Streaming Apps like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Crunchyroll, etc
-Ability to transfer save data to and from SD card (actually can this be done?)

ncslamm

I like the minimalism of the Switch so far. While I'm sure Netflix and others are coming, I'll just vote for Virtual Console.

Same here. I just play games on it for an hour or so at a time. BUT with that said I would like YouTube, Communities/Clubs, andTwitch.

zenspider

I'm pretty happy with the "barebones" honestly. It's so slick and fast. I'm in and out of games so fast and tweaking options from in-game makes my PS4 seem so slow now.

I'd really like to see save transfers and a proper activity log, and a way to boost JoyCon signal at the expense of the battery.

I'm not against the option to have the music come back in (maybe as a theme), but this is the fastest system UX I've ever seen and I don't want that to change.

Brofield

Everyone hoping for Netflix, it'll come. My bigger concern and hope is that Netflix will allow offline playback of downloaded select TV shows and movies through the Switch like they do for phones. 2TB microSD cards would certainly be justified at that point

-Photo share between friends
-Video record/streaming
-Cloud saves
-Activity log in OS
-Services like Twitch and Youtube
-Browser
-Miiverse or new substitute like Miitomo cities or something
-Music for eShop or settings menu
-Themes and wallpapers

basically this

There is an option in the menu which sounds like it could be responsible. Something like "dependance on tv energy settings". It is the last one with a relatively long explanation. Don't know the exact English wording. Since I am on a German system.

I have that set to off but unfortunately I'm using an HDMI switcher so any time it detects the random power blip from the docked switch, it changes over to it.

morpix

A fix for the TV changing to the HDMI channel the Switch is on even when the Switch is in sleep mode.

Literally did it as I was typing this post.

Holy shit yes.
I played an online match of Street Fighter on the PS4, then the Switch decides to light up HDMI3 on my Samsung, input changes, match lost.

I've disabled HDMI-CEC (Anynet+) on both the TV and the Switch, still does it.

Skeletos311

I want to be able to make the tiles on the home menu smaller or bigger, like on 3DS. It looks a little bit like the PS4 menu right now. A better, less cluttered version of the PS4 menu that is.

I want to be able to set it so I don't have to pick profiles for every game every time I play. I only have 2 profiles to get on the Japanese eShop. I want to set it so that only the eShop asks me to pick a profile.

They definitely need to set user ids for the Switch friends list. There are only so many "John" and "Ant"'s I can recognize...

boiled goose

good with gravy
Small
Backup saves to sd cards.
Single friend list integration
Video capture
Amiibo profile icons
Activity log
Eliminate friend codes from switch and all games. Just use user id

Larger
My Nintendo achievement integration to os
Os level online lobbies and chat
My games library and content tab in eshop (and via browser)

Cosmetic
Menu music
Themes

-Cloud saves
-Media player of some sort. It can read micro sd cards, no point in not having this.
-Update the wifi card. Tons of people can't get consistent connections. We shouldn't have to fuck about with our router.
-"Shut Down" should appear as an option when you hold the Home button
-Apps
-Activity log

There's other tiny things, but the first two have to be the cloud saves/wifi card.

Cloud saves and kill friend codes. That's all I really care about.

I want apps like Netflix and browser eventually also, but those two up there are the most important to me.

Schnozberry

Netflix and other apps must be coming, there's a power saving option to not go into sleep mode while media is playing.

I would think they would be on the system within a few months, providing Netflix and other companies have access to dev kits. It seems like Nintendo was pretty selective up until recently.

Mandelbo

-friend messaging
-ability to upload more than one picture at once to social networks
-an internet browser (we all know this is coming eventually because the switch basically already has one)
-a fix for the wifi issues while in docked mode
-if possible without a hardware revision, a fix for the joycon range issues
-eshop music!
-somewhere on the eshop to buy themes
-friend recommendations across social networks rather than just nintendo's phone apps - if two people who follow each other on twitter both link their nintendo accounts, they should be able to find each other through their friend recommendations.

extralite

Do you by any chance have a samsung?

If so it's not all the switch's fault, they have a shitty feature which auto switches to a new input if it detects even the slightest change in feed.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/tv/thread-id/226/page/10

Actually that's a convenient feature, as it shows whatever source you just activated. The Switch shouldn't output any HDMI signal if it isn't in use.

I don't have a Samsung TV but an LG, no working CEC so I don't use it on either my consoles or the TV. But my HDMI switch does have a similar feature and also changes to the most recently activated HDMI source.

Which I consider convenient, not shitty. Otherwise I'd have to switch HDMI channels manually, which is a bother. So I like it the way it is.

And it is the Switch's fault when it activates its HDMI for a moment every few seconds, not actually outputting an image, mind you, but interrupting my other HDMI feed I am watching.

I just want a goddamned Activity Log.

Me too, but I thought it is supposed to unlock automatically after some time?

duckroll

Me too, but I thought it is supposed to unlock automatically after some time?

It's a really weaksauce version. 10 days after you first launch a game/app, you can see how long you have used it... in 5 hour increments.

So if you played 32 hours of Zelda, it'll say "Over 30 hours played" when you hit 35 hours it'll say "Over 35 hours played" etc. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Top Bottom