• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch 3.0 update Wish list

ryanofcall

realistically:
-create and upload .gif's
-messaging friends
-less wifi problems
-netflix/youtube
-themes on eShop
-cloud saves
-the phone app
-screenies back up to phone app whenever there's an internet connection

KAL2006

Banned
- Bluetooth headphones support
- Upload Saves on the cloud
- YouTube, Netflix, Web Browser
- MP3 playback support for playing music while gaming
- LAN support between 32 Switches instead of 8. 8 isn't enough for games like Overwatch to be ported for decent LAN play for tournaments
- Livestreaming on YouTube, Facebook and Twitch
- Virtual Console
- HDD support for docked mode (games cannot be played off HDD, but stored in HDD like a fridge where you can transfer games between Switch and HDD)

Berordn

"Most". Something tells me you haven't been to many universities.

Eduroam requires username and password. That's the universities of 67 countries.

There's not many consumer electronics that support WPA Enterprise encryption.

In that picture they're actually playing ad-hoc WiFi, anyway.

Mokujin

Lots of logic request but I hope they make it possible to msg friends soon, it's kind of pointless that you can add them but not even msg them.

NimbusD

backup saves or cloud saves.

messaging friends/parties (guess that's coming, but please let it be possible from the console itself).

an eshop that makes sense and highlights upcoming games better.

assuming I'll need some better game organization once I get more games.

Netlfix/youtube/etc. Browser would be nice as well.

Bonus: Ability to play video or audio files would be nice. since a core is reserved for the OS, playing your own music behind games would be cool a la OG xbox, but only portable!

realistically:
-create and upload .gif's
-messaging friends
-less wifi problems
-netflix/youtube
-themes on eShop
-cloud saves
-the phone app
-screenies back up to phone app whenever there's an internet connection
For the love of god, fuck the phone app. You're alienating people who don't have android and apple Os's. I know Windows won't be supported. And if I'm playing cod or some other game that supports voice chat, I will be mad as hell.

Of its a matter if saving batteries in portable, that's fine. But at the very least, have voice chat available as an app on the actual switch OS, for all users, notably for docked mode.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
- Save backup in any way, shape or form.
- Fix the thing where it commandeers the fucking HDMI switcher at random while in sleep mode while I'm using a different console. I had to unplug it from the switcher to play Mass Effect in peace.

Brofield

- Bluetooth headphones support
- Upload Saves on the cloud
- YouTube, Netflix, Web Browser
- MP3 playback support for playing music while gaming
- LAN support between 32 Switches instead of 8. 8 isn't enough for games like Overwatch to be ported for decent LAN play for tournaments
- Livestreaming on YouTube, Facebook and Twitch
- Virtual Console
- HDD support for docked mode (games cannot be played off HDD, but stored in HDD like a fridge where you can transfer games between Switch and HDD)

This is what confuses me too. Is there an actual hardware limitation of only being able to connect to 8 consoles, or is it some arbitrary limit that won't let me have 12 player Mario Kart 8 if everyone has their own console?

Raitaro

I'd like most if not all of the improvements mentioned already but one small addition not often mentioned (as far as I could see) is for them to add an ability to completely shut off the console while docked using the controller.

I usually tend to power down consoles after I stop playing so having to get up and hold down a button on the switch to access a special menu with more options than sleep mode is a bit cumbersome compared to how the PS4 handles it for instance.

Top Bottom