• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDrake

Also, there's another Sega game that deserves a follow-up on Switch and I'm so sad it never happened on Wii or Wii U:

If they re-release the GCN version on the Switch Virtual Console I'd be satisfied with that. Hell, toss in Skies of Arcadia Legends while they are at it. Could be a good way to gauge interest in the IP.

If they re-release the GCN version on the Switch Virtual Console I'd be satisfied with that. Hell, toss in Skies of Arcadia Legends while they are at it. Could be a good way to gauge interest in the IP.

I would not be able to buy both fast enough, like, give me both, NOW. :D

Anyway, I hope Sonic Mania is finally announced for Switch at the event, and I found out something mighty interesting.

The game is headed to Japan, but no platforms are listed.

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicMania/

Why is that? I think a Switch-exclusive or just Switch+PS4 is a possibility, as I doubt folks in Japan would care about an XBO or PC release, and also, I'm not even sure if it's even capable of selling much on PS4 in Japan, but it's the only viable currently known system in Japan it's on, so, yeah.

In fact, Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity were on Wii and PS2 in the west, but they dropped the PS2 versions in Japan (hence ZG was Wii-exclusive in Japan). Kind of makes me wonder if Sega even think Sony systems are worth it for the series in Japan, given if they won't even bother with releasing existing PS2 versions there, then none would be worth it? Also a reminder both games were made in Japan of course, so that's extra odd. That's just a theory though. :p

I know Unleashed and Gens were on PS3 in Japan afterward, just saying. :p

Man, don't even bring the thought of that unless you know it's going to happen. ;)

So apparently Nico Nico's time table says the Presentation is 1 hour long.

But as we know, Nico Nico's time tables are never accurate for this type of things (I remember the Digital Event 2014 Nico Nico said it was gonna be 30 minutes but it actually was 45 minutes.) I think Nico Nico's time tables only works by half hours.

So if anything, it means the Presentation will be LONGER than one hour.

it would be kind of fun to have Nico Nico running on a screen might have to check if my Wii U browser can hang with Nico Nico

Phoenixus

To be fair, the initial Switch reveal did make it appear as if Zelda would run worse in handheld mode since there were fewer frames

I thought it turned out that the video makers were only given a select amount of video to impose upon the screen so they had so stretch it out. Or something to that effect.

Oersted

To be fair, the initial Switch reveal did make it appear as if Zelda would run worse in handheld mode since there were fewer frames

To be fair, I don't think it isn't unlikely, that whoever was hired to superimpose the the video was expecting that we are crazy enough to count frames and take it as gospel.

just to clarify, will the thursday unveiling presentation be only on niconico? Will it be on youtube or other western sites? Will their be an english direct style video?

I get that there will be the E3 treehouse stream on the 13th, just trying to clarify for the 12th

Nanashrew

Banned
The fact anyone looked so closely at a commercial to see how a game ran, losing any and all common sense that all commercials use post-processing, superimposing an image or video on top of another to show footage of a game on a TV or tablet screen in perfect condition is just baffling.

Roo

The fact anyone looked so closely at a commercial to see how a game ran, losing any and all common sense that all commercials use post-processing, superimposing an image or video on top of another to show footage of a game on a TV or tablet screen in perfect condition is just baffling.

Like seriously.
HcWnLVF.gif

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Iono man, sounds like another day on the Internet to me.

My takeaway from this pre launch phase is that some people were actually stupid enough to do frame counts of super imposed videos, without noticing that said video wasn't actually physically displayed, aka not noticing the obvious missing glare and colour grading a real screen would have when filmed in different lightning situations.

Heck even DF tried to speculate about screen quality and type from that dirst footage. Shit was crazy.

Second takeaway is that hype is going crazy. If only half of what people expect comes true, the switch will have one hell of a reveal.

I mean Bayo3, BGE2, XBC XXX Tatsus Revenge, yeah sign me up for that train.

Even though i only expect the latter to be real.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
these are the same people that said the Wii U ports of various third parties were downgraded than the 360/PS3 versions judging through the 3rd party trailer reel even though it was revealed they actually used the trailers for the 360/PS3 versions in that reel

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
these are the same people that said the Wii U ports of various third parties were downgraded than the 360/PS3 versions judging through the 3rd party trailer reel even though it was revealed they actually used the trailers for the 360/PS3 versions in that reel

Pretty much. Some people are just looking to talk down Nintendo no matter what, so no need to take them too seriously imo.

Zalman

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now, but I think it's pretty likely we'll see a new WarioWare game. Unless I suck at researching, the director of the series, Goro Abe, hasn't been involved in a game since Game & Wario in 2013.

Intelligent Systems also co-develop this series, which made me think of the Pushmo rumor that stated they moved resources to the Switch instead. I mean, it's obvious they were even without that rumor, but still. It just makes sense to me.

Preble

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now, but I think it's pretty likely we'll see a new WarioWare game. Unless I suck at researching, the director of the series, Goro Abe, hasn't been involved in a game since Game & Wario in 2013.

Intelligent Systems also co-develop this series, which made me think of the Pushmo rumor that stated they moved resources to the Switch instead. I mean, it's obvious they were even without that rumor, but still. It just makes sense to me.
I'd love to see a new Wario Ware game. Could really work well since Switch is also a handheld,

Also interested to see where Nintendo takes Mario Party, specificallly Mario Party 11. Wonder if they'll change up the gameplay again.

Some Nobody

If they are porting XCX I want 2 things.

1. More mech designs. There just isn't enough.
2. If they aren't doing a direct sequel, add more story to finish it.

These are giant updates so unless there's a "Sony PS4Pro" type mandate, I'm betting this is a non-starter. At the most, if they just removed Affinity reqs so you could just DO THE MISSIONS that'd make the game several times better. Add in a few more QoL changes and XBX becomes an excellent game.

Back when we were still calling this thing the NX I always referred to it as the Wiinx (Wii-nus) with my friends and most of them are at least somewhat core gamers that thought it wasn't out of the realm of Nintendo possibilities. It's amazing how far they came in just a few months after years of disastrous and confusing PR

I thought it turned out that the video makers were only given a select amount of video to impose upon the screen so they had so stretch it out. Or something to that effect.

It's possible, but it was never confirmed. I'm just explaining why Beyond guys got the idea from as some are convinced they just made it up.

To be fair, I don't think it isn't unlikely, that whoever was hired to superimpose the the video was expecting that we are crazy enough to count frames and take it as gospel.

You dont have to "count frames." You can see it plain as day at full speed, much as they did

but everyone knows that they used wii u footage. hell we know it "for sure" since the interview with one of the actors .

What? No we don't. All we know is that the video was super-imposed; the version was never specified beyond the obvious Switch implication

It's not like slow-down hasn't been evident in commercials before. I'm also not sure you're aware of the contradiction of your statement, as the footage was clearly not "perfect," hence the conversation from the Beyond guys.

Nanashrew

Banned
IIt's not like slow-down hasn't been evident in commercials before. I'm also not sure you're aware of the contradiction of your statement, as the footage was clearly not "perfect condition," hence the conversation from the Beyond guys.

Okay, to alter what I said then, I mean to show a game on the screen and be visible to a camera and make it look like people are actually watching or playing something. And yeah you're right, it's not like there hasn't been slow-down used in commercials before either.

It was a dumb thing to analyze and still is.

Dremorak

Banned
These are giant updates so unless there's a "Sony PS4Pro" type mandate, I'm betting this is a non-starter. At the most, if they just removed Affinity reqs so you could just DO THE MISSIONS that'd make the game several times better. Add in a few more QoL changes and XBX becomes an excellent game.

The problem is all the actual character development happens in those affinity missions. All the main story missions are focused on main story events. If you dont play the affinity missions you miss out on the best parts of the game :D

Why can't XCX have real time online multi/co-op? That would be amazing.

Some Nobody

The problem is all the actual character development happens in those affinity missions. All the main story missions are focused on main story events. If you dont play the affinity missions you miss out on the best parts of the game :D

Where's the problem? That's why I want the Affinity requirements gone so you can just DO those affinity missions, instead of having to grind affinity.

Drago

Few things would get me as hyped. Unless it's another Game & Wario esque diversion.

AzaK

No I didn't. And honestly say what you want about Reggie but it doesn't really get more likeable than that guy

Really? Reggie is the most sidestepping, bullshitting, marketting guy I've ever heard in the game's industry (
I'm ignoring Sean Murray
)

Everything that comes out of Reggie's mouth it like listening to a used car salesman.

Genio88

hTNDgnq.gif

I wonder if all trailers will start like this.

You like how all 3DS and Wii U trailers started.

Yeah, i guess so, also i think that's gonna be the booting animation of the console, Nintendo has always been using this things and this one looks great and seems like will be the official Switch one

Genio88

Well, waking up at 4.30AM to watch a 1h long presentation while the TreeHouse stream starts 10h later doesn't sound that good all of a sudden. Might as well sleep more.

Yeah, i had that thought too, but despite that being probably the smarter choice, my Switch hype is too high, and i want to be among the first people who know official release date, specs and price...so my alarm is already set for 4:40 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom