• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I wouldn't. It is not that important. As a person who has bought systems at launch previously, every single one left me disappointed. (N64, PS2, Xbox 360 and Wii U).

Stop lying to yourself of course it is important...lol.

But i wouldnt stay up all night because of it....just need to wake up an hour earlier than i usually do. Will be tough...but its a one time thing so its okay.

PSFan

Wow, I just realized that when I get the Switch, for the first time ever I am going to have 2 Sony consoles (PS4, PS3) and 2 Nintendo consoles (Switch, WiiU) connected to my TV at the same time.

Damn, I miss backward compatibility, lol.

Tekken 7 would be huge. Wii U had probably the best Tekken game yet, my favorite at least, so having 7 would be a very nice showing of their commitment from Bandai Namco. And with the games they put out, that's worth quite a bit.

What time is the presentation today? It's on the 12th right?

t1484280000z1.png

Tekken 7 would be huge. Wii U had probably the best Tekken game yet, my favorite at least, so having 7 would be a very nice showing of their commitment from Bandai Namco. And with the games they put out, that's worth quite a bit.
Plus, Tekken 7 would be the best game to really show off local play with joycons.

Interfectum

Final Pre-Conference GAF reaction prediction: During and after the conference there will be massive meltdowns and disappointments. Many threads will be created about how Nintendo is done, how they are going to be a mobile publisher or people begging them to go third party. After reality slowly starts to sink in and expectations get readjusted the backlash/meltdown state will switch to a more positive "this cool be pretty cool" attitude.

RM8

Fighting games on Switch and their likelihood:

Tekken 7 - Likely, both WiiU and 3DS had Tekken.
Some form of SF2 - Kind of likely? If that leak is to be believed, and I doubt it is... but a 30th anniversary game is not that farfetched. I'm not holding my breath.
UMvC3 - Maybe somewhat likely, since they're going out of their way to port it to newer systems and probably runs on a toaster.
Pokken - WiiU ports are extremely likely.
Some Arcsys animu air dash thing - Not impossible, I guess :/
Injustice 2 - Not impossible either, WiiU getting the first game and all, but maybe down-porting it would be difficult?
KOFXIV - we're still not sure if Sony paid for it, they've never said that, though. Not impossible, I guess?

Luigiv

Fighting game sprites are expensive as hell to make, just ask Lab Zero Games.

It's fake, guys.
Depends. If they're just redrawing the same, low frame animations that were present in the OG SFII then it would actually probably be way cheaper than a modern 3D fighter. I mean they managed to do so last gen whilst still selling the game at a budget price.

Skull Girls isn't really comparible, it has way more animation.

MegaMelon

ew disgaea

please no atlus

you can keep your waifus

Disgaea and waifus...I sort of see where you're coming from. But the fact of the matter is you're still trumpeting the stupid "Stop liking what I don't like!" mindset.

What harm does it do you if people play disgaea on the switch? Or any of those games with waifus and stuff if we really wanna get into this? I don't like Senran Kagura for example but if people enjoy it then good for them, I'm not going to want to stop their enjoyment just because it's not my thing.

/rant

Stop lying to yourself of course it is important...lol.

But i wouldnt stay up all night because of it....just need to wake up an hour earlier than i usually do. Will be tough...but its a one time thing so its okay.

Ditto, I'll get up a little early and read the announcements. But I have been following this NX stuff since inception, and I am starting to feel I'm going to be let down in the last week or so. I'm starting to think Nintendo hasn't completely learned its lesson.

I'm also super curious to see a few things, 1) system needs to be $249, 2) is real third party support there? 3) did Nintendo listen to fans finally? 4) what HD remake is tantalus working on?

Honestly I'd just be happy to see more Mario + title, more of new Splatoon, more of Zelda, and maybe one surprise 1st party title. That along with release date + pricing.

Anything else to me is just icing on the cake.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Plus, Tekken 7 would be the best game to really show off local play with joycons.

That would still be Mario Kart and a couple of other first party multiplayer games. Playing Tekken with Joycons doesnt sound fun at all lol.

But it would be fine for some casual fun....hope they include Tekken Ball again.

NeonZ

I hope the SF2 thing *if real* is done with 2D Third strike style sprites/animation or better.

The only possible art style changes I see is them reusing the sprites from the HD version or, if this is a higher budget project, outright going with some 3d engine and just keeping the gameplay (mostly) the same as SSF2T. Although the name indicates new characters too, and with a title like USF2 they could get away with any gameplay changes too (coming from using SF4's or MvC3/4's engine and being unable to make it emulate SSF2T perfectly).

Edit: Alternatively, they could go with Alpha/Capcom vs SNK sprites which would open a much wider array of options for new characters without needing to make actual new sprites.

EDarkness

Seconded. Where did those titles come from?

The link to the 4Chan is on just about every page going back. Just jump back a couple of pages and check it out. I think it's fake, so I don't know why they posted the poll.

Edit: Corrected Reddit to 4chan. I always get those two confused.

whyman

I just had eye surgery and can see 3D for the first time. This will make the wait for Switch shorter! Time to finally see what my 3ds can do!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll be rather shocked if the BG&E2 rumour is proven to be accurate. It hasn't been corroborated, it's a software rumour and Dale backed the wrong horse vis-a-vis the Uncharted 4 DLC, and, most of all, the details have changed twice now (in production/2017 release/Switch exclusive -> in pre-production/2018 release/teaser during Switch reveal/Switch exclusive -> maybe a teaser during the Switch media event/timed Switch exclusive). I also think that Nintendo will be more careful about which third-party projects it backs financially and BG&E2 strikes me as too risky, even considering the cult classic status of the original.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So with Resident Evil 7 being my most anticipated game currently, here's a random theory.

Capcom was doing a lot of media stuff for RE7 in December, but have been mostly quiet in January. Here we are 13 days from when RE7 is supposed to launch, and they are being quiet as a mouse on the game right now.

What if the reason they're being so strangely quiet when the game is out in less than two weeks is because RE7 will be at the Switch reveal with a new trailer? That would make a lot more sense in context to why they're being so quiet right now, more so than they were being in December, and would be good exposure for them if that was their plan.

Just throwing that out there for a potential Switch reveal. If you've been following RE7, you probably know how oddly quite Capcom have been despite the fact the game is less than two weeks away from launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom