• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch is the fastest-selling Nintendo console in European history

yeah if you get used to the speed of switch ui the wiiu is a pain to
get back to...

The Wii U UI would actually be really good if it wasn't so damn slow and had a bit more an 'adult' look to it than the pastel-coloured, rounded-edge square icons. A highly customizable home screen should be the standard.

ggx2ac

As someone who championed and loved the Wii U and its library, I can't help but be a little bitter over the Switch's success.

I love my Wii U too since I can use it to watch online videos, but the Switch's first year software wise is amazing compared to Wii U and I prefer having a powerful portable as opposed to a 'portable' tethered to a home console.

Those Wii U software droughts were seriously awful.

Oregano

The French sales news deserves its own thread IMO especially when we have an idea how it compares to other system launches.

I love my Wii U too since I can use it to watch online videos, but the Switch's first year software wise is amazing compared to Wii U and I prefer having a powerful portable as opposed to a 'portable' tethered to a home console.

Those Wii U software droughts were seriously awful.
Basically if I had to pick up a Switch now I wouldn't be able to afford all the games I wanted for it.

That's usually a good metric as to library success.

I can't imagine that the switch is still considered the fastest selling Nintendo system in Europe simply for the fact that Nintendo still can't seem to fulfill the demand even in the slightest.

In Germany it's been sold out completely on Amazon and the internet since before launch. So I can't imagine that it beat Wii numbers because while Wii was hard to get there should have been higher production than with Switch no?

ggx2ac

Basically if I had to pick up a Switch now I wouldn't be able to afford all the games I wanted for it.

That's usually a good metric as to library success.

And I'm still having to buy 3DS games at the same time as Switch. I need Culdcept Revolt, Ever Oasis, Metroid Samus Returns, Etrian Odyssey V.

Earlier in the year I was only expecting to buy Fire Emblem Echoes and end it at that with 3DS.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
NOE wont advertise a tax evader

They can always use this for the bundle box:

fifa-18-super-deluxe-edition_pdp_3840x2160_en_WW.jpg

Top Bottom