• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanks

Just curious if all the 'tied to account's talk that was going on in pre-release is true? Can you deactivate your account on the switch, and sign in on another switch and re-download your purchases? I see the deactivate option in the account settings of the e-shop but don't have another switch to test it on.

My girlfriend's Switch makes constant cracking/static noises when the headphones are plugged in. On the Homescren and in game. Not loud enough to be unplayable but definitely noticable while it is completely fine on mine.

Now we worry that all her save files will be lost if she sends it to Nintendo for repair :/

Sh0k

Huh. According to this poster at Nintendo's support forum, one of his system has the scanlines during movement I mentioned, and the other does not.

Seems to be the same thing as on the 3DS: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=996515

Anyone not have it on theirs?

This is my post that got buried on page 153 and I think is the same issue,

"Does anybody while playing BOTW gets like a weird Vsync problem that last for like 3 seconds and then everything plays normal. It only happens with that game and while docked, it is hard to describe and I'm assuming is some kind of Vsync, it's like the screen splits in three parts horizontally and when you turn, all three sections move at a different speed until they get together and everything works fine for another hour or so. This lasts only for like 3 seconds, doesn't bother me that much but I wanted to see if anybody else is experiencing the same."

Nevermind, I don't think is the same problem. I googled my problem but can't find an answer.

My Switch froze earlier while playing BOTW. It was weird, I was playing docked with the pro controller and everything worked fine except for the capture and home buttons. I tried to take a screenshot but it didn't work. So I tried sliding out the joycons to see if switching controllers would help and then it froze. Interestingly enough it would still show the UI for volume up & down, but nothing else worked so I had to do a hard reset.

My Switch arrives on Monday and I have my Zelda cart ready to go. I have a 64GB microSD card left over from my 3DS that I just traded in.

My understanding is there's no way to move saves right now. Does the save file default to the microSD card if there's one installed? Should I even bother putting my microSD card in the system if I think there's a chance I might get a bigger one later?

mlclmtckr

Banned
My girlfriend's Switch makes constant cracking/static noises when the headphones are plugged in. On the Homescren and in game. Not loud enough to be unplayable but definitely noticable while it is completely fine on mine.

Now we worry that all her save files will be lost if she sends it to Nintendo for repair :/

Try some compressed air in the headphone jack. Could be a dust problem.

Experien

My Switch arrives on Monday and I have my Zelda cart ready to go. I have a 64GB microSD card left over from my 3DS that I just traded in.

My understanding is there's no way to move saves right now. Does the save file default to the microSD card if there's one installed? Should I even bother putting my microSD card in the system if I think there's a chance I might get a bigger one later?

I believe all saves are stored on the internal memory. DLs, DLC, and patches are on the memory card.

I believe all saves are stored on the internal memory. DLs, DLC, and patches are on the memory card.

Had my microSD on day one and everything is automatically on it, even save files.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Would like to order a really good USB C battery pack tonight. Is there a universally agreed upon "best pick?"

//ARCANUM

So today I experienced my first sync issue with the joycons. I was sitting in a coffee shop playing with my joycons ATTACHED to my Switch, and twice within a minute they lost connection and it prompted me to hit L+R. Again they were attached to the Switch. It only happened those 2 times in a minute, but no idea what happened. Also, I've experienced no issues when playing at home whatsoever (in any configuration). Thoughts?

Easy_G

Have there been any possible resolutions to bad wifi signals? My Switch has struggled to connect and maintain a strong wifi signal since I got it. My phones and PS4 have no issues though.

One week with the Switch. Loving my experience with the system. Saved me from boredom on my flight to Hong Kong.
Being using it 90% handheld, i just love how games look on its screen. Zelda looks indcredible ( sounds phenomenal too).

Fantastic system, cant wait for more games.

Vitacat

One week with the Switch. Loving my experience with the system. Saved me from boredom on my flight to Hong Kong.
Being using it 90% handheld, i just love how games look on its screen. Zelda looks indcredible ( sounds phenomenal too).

Enjoy! I love mine, too.

Also, Treasure is GODLY. Wouldn't Ikaruga on Switch be nice? :p

Wasp14

I've had mine for just shy of a week now and I'm obsessed. A game hasn't grabbed me like Breath of the Wild has in years. It's great to be able to play on the big screen and then go portable when my girlfriend wants to catch up on her shows.

I may have overdone it though (mostly because of an EB Games trade promo):

I already have:

Breath of the Wild
1-2 Switch
Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ (preordered)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (paid off preorder)
Lego City Undercover (paid off preorder)
Just Dance 2017
Rime (preorder)

Might have overdone it but I can't get enough. Also got the Pro controller as well. I've never bought a console this close to launch and usually get Nintendo consoles years after they're out, so this is a big change up.

Ac30

I sent my leafblower Switch in for repair and they replaced the entire unit. The new one had "inspected for utmost quality" or some bullshit on the plastic slip.

The new one is markedly darker and has an ugly pink tint over everything. Almost night mode level of ugly. Same as this one here:

http://imgur.com/Zy8TFLQ

Now I get to choose between keeping my Zelda save or returning it to Gamespot and rolling the dice again. Really unhappy about this. With my luck the next one will start chirping halfway into first gaming session if I wind up replacing it.

Oof, by the time I buy one in May I hope they'll have sorted all the QC issues, because YUK

linkboy

For those looking to add bluetooth capability to their Switch, I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ABOKRPC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It connects to my bluetooth earphones and work perfectly!

I went with this one because it has the abiliity to be both a transmitter and receiver. Which means I can use it with my bluetooth headphones on my Switch, but also use it in my car as a hands free device.

Kills two birds with one stone.

Now, if Nintendo would only adjust the headset volume, as its a tad bit to low.

sleepnaught

Two scratches on my screen from docking, so lame. Screen protector needs to hurry up already. Mega failure on Nintendo's part for not adding interior padding. Ugh....

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Nintendo received my Switch on the 15th, and they sent it (or a replacement?) out today which arrives tomorrow. Very fast turnaround.

Just in time for Issac.

My dock has been "stretching" for a few days straight. Hopefully that's good enough.

Alchemy

Has anyone picked up a USB C dock to use for charging with their Switch? Kinda curious if theres a good solution for charging the Switch on the go while also being able to play it propped up instead of holding it with the cable dangling.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Would I be disappointed in Snipperclips if I came at it from the perspective of a single player experience like Pushmo or Box Boy? Don't intend to play it with anyone else anytime soon, so I wonder how good the single player part is.

Wasp14

Nintendo is sensing some optimism it seems. WSJ reporting Nintendo has doubled its intended production for next Fiscal year from 8 million units to 16 million Units.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-double-production-of-switch-console-1489728545

A part of me thinks that people really did want a new Nintendo system after the Wii but the Wii U was just marketed really badly. I worked retail and even four years after its release people still didn't know what it was or thought it was an add-on to the Wii.

The Switch is so clearly named, demonstrated and different from the Wii that it's far easier for people to grasp. I really think it's going to be big.

I'm curious as to how many others here are too afraid to use their their switch as a handheld? I'm paranoid about dropping it or damaging it in anyway, so I only ever play it docked.

I've never dropped or damaged any of my handhelds, but it's like some paranoia or phobia.

mojo2

Neo Member
I'm curious as to how many others here are too afraid to use their their switch as a handheld? I'm paranoid about dropping it or damaging it in anyway, so I only ever play it docked.

I've never dropped or damaged any of my handhelds, but it's like some paranoia or phobia.
I'm just afraid the Joy-Cons might get more loose. And don't want to dock it before my amFilm arrives.

derFeef

Ugh still waiting for a case. I ordered the Hori now which is available, should be here Monday... I will just send the other one back WHEN/IF it arrives.

Vitacat

To anyone who kinda wanted the BOTW special edition, but missed out... go take a walk down the Nintendo section of your local Bestbuy.

Tonight 3/16, I went to my local Bestbuy to buy some printer toner, and there was a lonely BOTW SE just sitting there on the lower shelf. It was NOT there a couple of days ago. And Bestbuy online says it's sold out for weeks now.

Bought it. So, someone will get a nice deal on my regular copy of BOTW soon. :p

EDIT: here is my for sale post if anyone wants it - http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=232232979

In portable mode, is it possible to download from the eshop while in standby mode?

nvm, tried it and it is possible.

Downloaded the Splatoon 2 trial, launched the game but it hasn't started it yet, but the menu screen is very colourful and looks great on the switches' IPS screen. This must be heaven coming from 3DS owners with that low-res screen.

1upsuper

I sent my leafblower Switch in for repair and they replaced the entire unit. The new one had "inspected for utmost quality" or some bullshit on the plastic slip.

The new one is markedly darker and has an ugly pink tint over everything. Almost night mode level of ugly. Same as this one here:

http://imgur.com/Zy8TFLQ

Now I get to choose between keeping my Zelda save or returning it to Gamespot and rolling the dice again. Really unhappy about this. With my luck the next one will start chirping halfway into first gaming session if I wind up replacing it.

Damn, that sucks. Sorry you have to deal with that. Out of curiosity, did your original "leafblower" Switch have a noisy fan 100% of the time, or was it occasional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom