• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robiin

Fucking gamled with the weather gods. I could choose between pre ordering online and getting it either today noon (Thursday) or Friday noon when the mailman showed up. Or I could guarantee myself a Thursday night midnight release.

I gambled, and everything was looking good. Dispatched Wednesday so was on track for Thursday. Would show up in the mail when I was at work, would pick it up after and have an extra evening and night with the Switch.

THEN SNOW CAME OUTTA NOWHERE. Now it's on track for tomorrow. Here I sit, tapping my fingers and praying for an early mailman....

joshwaan

tmp_27251-20170303_094030-1017935306_zpspxqa6kqq.jpg

Really like the Hori playstand :)

tmp_27251-20170303_101238-1074884273_zpsp1w7dc5k.jpg

Mario case is cool as well guys time to set him up ;)

McBryBry

Any idea on the charge level out of the box? Getting mine at a midnight launch and want to play from when I get to home until I get ready for work at 4AM. Figured I'd go back and forth between docked to charge the tablet and handheld to charge the controllers.

Ssseth

Neo Member
Too bad for him so many of us already have Switches at home.
Sure, but he's there for the experience and not just to have it in advance. It would be pretty cool to be in NY for the launch. I've been watching his daily vlog. Going a month in advance is nuts, but it's been really good for his youtube channel and he's already got an invite to E3.

I'm still waiting for the confirmation that it's shipping, all Amazon is saying is that it's shipping soon and I'm worried it won't be here tomorrow.

bluexy

Has anyone seen Super Bomberman R played online? Know if it's just random matchmaking or if there's more to it? Invite friends to play? Etc..

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I'm gonna show up at a Target at 7 tomorrow and hope there's no/short lines. BotW is already ordered from Amazon...

Is there anyway to save credit card information? Or do I have to re-enter it for every transaction?

Also I Am Setsuna is $60 in the Australian eshop smh..........

I like the Joy Con more than I thought I would. I think I actually prefer it over the pro controller. The pro controller just feels kinda stiff?

I haven't tried the joy con in the controller casing thing yet tho

Wil348

Just played a bit of Fast RMX and it's pretty good! If any of you are looking for a game to tie you over until Mario Kart 8, this might be worth the buy. :)

tmp_27251-20170303_094030-1017935306_zpspxqa6kqq.jpg

Really like the Hori playstand :)

tmp_27251-20170303_101238-1074884273_zpsp1w7dc5k.jpg

Mario case is cool as well guys time to set him up ;)

The magnetic flip cover case I got has that feature covered. Not sure If I'm going to keep this though, it's a little thicker/deeper than I expected, not by much. But I like to go as minimalist as possible. I want one of those magnetic flip covers from Japan though.

Wil348

For some reason my right joy con is looser than the left one when attached to the system. It's not an issue because it's totally secure, but it rattles a teeny tiny bit and it's easier to slide it on/off than the left one. As I said, it's not an issue as it doesn't harm the system in any way, but I just found it odd,

jts

...hate me...
Just to make sure, we can completely set the console before even installing the dock right?

Also what amount of battery does it come with more or less?

FZeroRacer

Neo Member
After talking with Amazon about my issues they said there was nothing they can do other than refund me and send them the defective Switch.

They also said that it was a common issue reported and that they took down orders because of it.

Koppai

After talking with Amazon about my issues they said there was nothing they can do other than refund me and send them the defective Switch.

They also said that it was a common issue reported and that they took down orders because of it.
Just wait for Nintendo to have some warrwnty replacement.

Anyone played that Fast RMX game at all? Never heard of it until a few hours ago. Looks like Wipeout sort of. The footage I saw didn't look terrible, but if Nintendo isn't calling it F-Zero Switch then it must have some issues. I haven't seen a single review/preview on it.

I played it on Wii U and wasn't impressed. Generally poor track design, bizarre difficulty curve, and too many mechanics happening at once. Nowhere near the level of WipEout or F-Zero.

Missed the page where you had your issue, what happened?

Dipship31

This might've already been discussed but when using a new SD card do you have to swap out the old one? Or is the 32 gb just on board memory?

I'm still concerned about the duality of hybrid and docked power. Getting AAA games to run on this is going to be struggle for a lot of developers. I was thinking this would be perfect for a game like Destiny, but I am not sure if having to conform to the pretty hefty down clock in handheld mode will be too much of a headache for some.

This might've already been discussed but when using a new SD card do you have to swap out the old one? Or is the 32 gb just on board memory?

It's onboard.

Any idea on the charge level out of the box? Getting mine at a midnight launch and want to play from when I get to home until I get ready for work at 4AM. Figured I'd go back and forth between docked to charge the tablet and handheld to charge the controllers.

Just got mine and it was about 45% out of the box. Not too bad really.

How early are people planning to go to midnight launches?

Going to Best Buy but really don't want to wait with all the non-preorders...

So Nintendo Spain hasn't updated their Facebook page since February 2nd! Not one post about the switch launch! You will probably be able to find tons of switches unsold in Spain because nobody knows about the thing. Seriously, Nintendo had been doing a great job elsewhere but in Spain they are fucking things up really badly.

No preorder here. Trying to pick one up tonight. Local 24 hour Walmart is getting about 70 units. Thinking about getting there around 8... hopefully that works.

Air

Banned
Got lucky and walked into a gamestop. They had 8 switches and I was #6.

Got the neon with a pro controller and a case. Zelda is coming via Amazon tomorrow. So hyped

commissar

Pretty darn happy. I haven't downloaded Zelda yet cause I'm still out and about but the update was quick which is a nice change from the Wii U. UI is snappy too which is excellent.

The only thing is that the blue controller doesn't match the vibrancy of the red. A minor disappointment but yeah, pretty pleased :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom