• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: new Firmware update available (Ver. 3.0.0)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Can confirm it gets *substantially* louder through headphones now. It feels like what used to be max volume is now just over halfway up the new scale, which is fantastic!

Oh, also notifications are now slightly transparent, which is a nice change from then being completely opaque and obscuring whatever's in the corner.
Music to my ears

samred

I spoke too soon. My ears holy shit its loud. MY EARS!!!

yeah, max volume on headphones is definitely higher. not ear-crushingly loud, but it finally has some kick. I've got the Arms theme song on full blast on my best cans right now.

EDIT: Oh, and that means external speakers won't suck anymore at parties.

Can confirm it gets *substantially* louder through headphones now. It feels like what used to be max volume is now just over halfway up the new scale, which is fantastic!

Oh, also notifications are now slightly transparent, which is a nice change from then being completely opaque and obscuring whatever's in the corner.

YES! was just playing thumper at full volume yesterday which was great and then switching to ARMS and i could barely hear anything at Starbucks.

Cranzor

For anyone wondering, Wii U Pro Controllers and GameCube controllers with the Wii U adapter both do not work by being plugged in. Probably not a surprise, but I thought it might be helpful.

Sounds like a great update. Happy for Switch owners. That maximum audio thing sounds great for people like me who want to protect their ears, will give ot a try when I get one.

Owensboro

Hell yeah to the headphones volume increase. I'm on two flights tomorrow and will actually be able to play Thumper now. That's cool as hell.

J@hranimo

Banned
These are some nice little updates :). Baby steps!

Also I'm assuming the Wired Controller functionality was added for possible Splatoon 2 LAN Tournaments for reducing any wireless interference. It would be counterproductive of the gyro didn't still work though... I'll have to try it later on.

Excellent update!

Being notified when friends go online seems small but will go a long way. Higher volume is great too even though I plug my headphones into my TV for the Switch, it'll still absolutely come in handy when it's undocked!

Javier

Not in Patch Notes: When you turn off the Switch in Handheld Mode and then dock it, the battery icon that appears on the screen now shows the amount of battery left with the charging icon by the side, instead of the generic "charging battery" icon.

mlclmtckr

Banned
Hell yeah to the headphones volume increase. I'm on two flights tomorrow and will actually be able to play Thumper now. That's cool as hell.

This is exactly what I was thinking... Thumper looked real good but I wasn't going to play it on those quiet-ass headphones.

I'm glad it was a software thing and got fixed. A change that actually affects gameplay, and therefore matters to me, unlike the 720p menus.

After updating, none of my Joy-Cons would connect wirelessly, even after restarting the system. Turning airplane mode on and off solved it for me, so if anyone else runs into the same problem: try that.

They need to not limit your play history to only the last 20 games you've played. Hopefully that gets updated next. I don't wanna lose my Zelda hours! >_>

Laieon

This is great news. Used headphones for the first time over the weekend on a plane, was worried something was wrong with my switch because max volume wasn't loud at all.

BiggNife

For anyone wondering, Wii U Pro Controllers and GameCube controllers with the Wii U adapter both do not work by being plugged in. Probably not a surprise, but I thought it might be helpful.
Haven't they already said that Pokken DX will support the Wii U Pokken pads? I'm guessing that functionality will be added closer to release.

JJH

Anyone else's WiFi improve? I've always been two bars even feet within our router and now I've been at all three constantly since the update.

shamo42

Disappointing update.

Has the Switch already been updated to support backing up game saves (to the cloud or SD cards)?

Still nothing... Sooner or later our switches will break and all the save data will be gone.

We need game save backups!

Anyone else's WiFi improve? I've always been two bars even feet within our router and now I've been at all three constantly since the update.
I've noticed this. I'm pleased unless they just adjusted the qualifications for the bar levels.

Top Bottom