• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: new Firmware update available (Ver. 3.0.0)

Can someone take the gif of the boston dynamics robot getting kicked by the guy and put a Switch on it, to mirror the PS4 one? We need this gif in Switch version for these stability updates.

I was hoping to play Thumper in inverted color to see how fucked up and horrifying it would look but it's crashing everytime I start it up T_T

Anyone else's WiFi improve? I've always been two bars even feet within our router and now I've been at all three constantly since the update.
I've gone from two bars to three from my living room chair. I have no idea if it improved anything, as I never had issues with two bars.

Is it something not fixable via firmware update? Maybe an update that boosts the joycon signal at the cost of a small amount of battery life?
It’s not a signal strength issue - some of the controllers Nintendo manufactured accept too much interference from other sources, such as Wifi routers. For those controllers, Nintendo’s fix is to add a small bit of signal-blocking foam on top of the internal antenna.

molnizzle

Don't hold your breath for this, except for maybe some selected games supporting GC adapter and wireless Wii U controllers. It's honestly too much of a mess.

I'll eat my socks if the GameCube adapter doesn't work with Smash.

Switch dock has two side USB ports for a reason.

Hugstable

Banned
Wonder how long it's gonna be before we get folders and are able to order our game tiles around on the main screen much like what we can do with 3ds and Wii U game screens?

Kindekuma

Banned
- Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode

Finally! Having my Switch hooked up to an HDMI switch caused an issue periodically when playing on PS4.

There's no way you can see that much
Of a difference

i didn't realize it til testing it one day. just about every hour, the switch would send a signal to my receiver, so it turns on. The receiver turns on the TV, which turns on either the Xbox, the PS4 or both. this was happening for weeks. I thought the TV was broken as sometimes it would wake me up. my bill went up by $50. Three systems, a TV and a receiver generate a good amount of heat in the living room. It kept my AC pumping all night long.

molnizzle

They also need to make the minimum "dim" setting even dimmer. Still way to bright in a dark room. My wife will roll over and ask if I can turn the screen down when it's on the lowest setting.

INVERTING THE COLORS CHANGES THE IN-GAME COLORS AS WELL, NOT JUST THE MENUS

O_O

Oh boy. Screenshot potential.

Somnid

Wired io on the Pro controller is awesome, though the NFC disabling is weird. Maybe NFC and Bluetooth share the same chip and it shuts it off?

I don't even understand color inversion and B&W modes, it doesn't seem like an accessibility thing, more like for fun. I wonder if they'll do others?

noqtic

- Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode

Thank goodness! Now I can finally keep my Switch connected to the dock.

(if it fixes it for my TV).

Magnus

- Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable

Megaton

It really couldn't be used in Wired mode before? Sounds like a bug that's been fixed rather than a new feature. Kind of pathetic.

Also, what's the HDMI feature that people are liking? I'm not sure I understand the big deal.

It really couldn't be used in Wired mode before? Sounds like a bug that's been fixed rather than a new feature. Kind of pathetic.

Also, what's the HDMI feature that people are liking? I'm not sure I understand the big deal.

it could be used but it was still sending signals wirelessly, this makes it send the inputs wired which is a really big deal for fighting games and other faster paced games due to wired having less input lag than wireless.

and there was an issue with the power over HDMI, which allows you to have your TV automatically be turned on when you turn on the Switch, would just randomly turn on some TVs without the Switch being turned on.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

To be fair, I don't think it's a default feature on consoles. For example, I don't think PS4 got this functionality until 2016. That said, I think game consoles should come with this functionality out of the box and it should be part of the default functionality, rather than a feature added later. Perhaps Xbox already does this.

Blues1990

So can someone take a picture of the inverted color option?

Keep in mind that this will affect what the console's theme is

Inverted

RGTyWkN.jpg

Grayscale

ZVaoiwy.jpg

NimbusD

Ooo shit, options to update connected controllers. Suggests that controllers can either be fixed or have new features added with firmware updates. I'm assuming they're going to wind up strengthening the signal. That's fucking rad.

Top Bottom