• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 2009 Holiday Lineup (DSiWare Shantae confirmed)

Epiphyte

The real story here is Oregon Trail Wiiware

A whole new generation can learn the joy in naming the party after their friends and watching them slowly succumb to cholera and dysentery

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
MikeE21286 said:
lots of people do....think of all the gift cards that people get for christmas....sales after christmas are always huge.

True, of course, people also buy games before Christmas. Seems to me that it might have been a great idea to try and I don't know..have the game available before and after.

schuelma

d+pad said:
Please tell me Nintendo isn't going to delay NSMB Wii :(

They would be completely fucked if they did that- NSMB Wii is clearly their entire Holiday strategy worldwide.

[Nintex]

schuelma said:
They would be completely fucked if they did that- NSMB Wii is clearly their entire Holiday strategy worldwide.
Might explain the sudden pricedrop but when I played it at NoE earlier this year it looked like it was ready to be shipped.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
schuelma said:
What a fucking horrible 1st party Wii lineup Nintendo. Shameful.
Not that the DS line-up is much better. :lol

It's up to 3rd parties and DD games to fill in the void as best they can again.

I'm a bit disappointed Atlus has absolutely no DS games for the second half of 2009.

Kifimbo said:
Posted in the boxart thread.

124da1g.jpg

Also, still no date for New Super Mario Wii.

Lol I just realised that Link and his Phantom buddy are about to get hit by the train :lol

d+pad

schuelma said:

But why have they been mum on a release date until now? It doesn't make any sense to hold that back...

Edit: I guess the good news is that they have "Holiday" listed on the press release and not "Winter," which would imply a 2010 release. Still, fingers crossed.

Volcynika

dallow_bg said:
Picross 3D?
Sigh.

Crap, that soon!? I'm not ready!

Yeah, I posted about it in one of the threads about the game, just got the release date last night. Much sooner than I thought, too!

dani_dc

Shantae looks awesome, makes me feel happier about having adquired a DSi, also very happy about DigiDrive, always wanted to try that game.
A bit bummed about Elecktroplankton since I got it for full price a couple months ago (and then found it for half the price a few weeks later).

MikeE21286 said:
lots of people do....think of all the gift cards that people get for christmas....sales after christmas are always huge.
I didn't realize that, hadn't thought of it that way.

Well it will be interesting to see how well it does, hopefully S-E has a hit in their hands.

SecretBonusPoint said:
first DSi exclusive I care about. fuck this and fuck you DSi owners and fuck Nintendo to boot!

You know what? I'd have bought a fucking Wonderswan for another Shantae. Stop bitching and be glad the game actually is going to see a release.

jrricky

Banned
dani_dc said:
FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES®: THE CRYSTAL BEARERS® - Dec. 26

That can't be the actual release date right?
I can't think of a better way to avoid potential sales then to release it on December 26, who actually goes out and buys games the day after christmas?
Do you live in America?:lol

Thats a huge lineup. Lots of stuff in there that I want.

Dragona Akehi said:
You know what? I'd have bought a fucking Wonderswan for another Shantae. Stop bitching and be glad the game actually is going to see a release.

Oh I'm very happy a new Shantae is coming out, not happy that I'd need to pay £150 to ever play it for a system I technically already own (half of)! Dems da brakes I guess. Enjoy your game DSi owners!

EmCeeGramr said:

"In fact, it's not just one game. WayForward is releasing three episodic sequels to this fan favorite."

In that case, it would be cool if they packaged the 4 episodes for a retail DS release. Probably won't happen because of the whole finding a publisher thing, though.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Oh I'm very happy a new Shantae is coming out, not happy that I'd need to pay £150 to ever play it for a system I technically already own (half of)! Dems da brakes I guess. Enjoy your game DSi owners!

I'm fortunate I have access to a DSi whenever I want, I agree.

You might be able to trade/sell your DSL for a good price and it'd be a 'minimal' upgrade then in terms of money.

EmCeeGramr said:
Pulled this from the PDF on the Nintendo Power site:

[/IMG]holyjesusshantae[/IMG]

New wallpaper get!

dyls

I just don't get it. Nintendo admits that putting all of their faith in two games last year (AC and Wii Music) was a mistake, apologizes for it, assures everyone it won't happen again...and then goes and does the exact same thing. Admittedly, NSMB by itself is bigger than either of the two titles that came out last holiday; nevertheless, they had all year to make sure they didn't make the same mistake, and yet here we are again. And the unspecified date for NSMB makes me wonder if it will even be ready for the holidays. Which means they can either delay the game and crush their chances for a hugely successful holiday, or release a game that's less than what it could be. If there was anything else to bolster the lineup, maybe it wouldn't be such a dilemma.

And is it just me or is the Wiiware lineup more exciting than the retail lineup? Maybe it's just because there aren't 250 shovelware titles sprinkled in for Wiiware.

botticus

jj984jj said:
Not that the DS line-up is much better. :lol

It's up to 3rd parties and DD games to fill in the void as best they can again.

I'm a bit disappointed Atlus has absolutely no DS games for the second half of 2009.
To be fair, Atlus did release a game every other day in the first half of 09.

Dragona Akehi said:
I'm fortunate I have access to a DSi whenever I want, I agree.

You might be able to trade/sell your DSL for a good price and it'd be a 'minimal' upgrade then in terms of money.

Therein lies the rub:
nintendo-ds-original.png

The early adopter. The fool.

Haunted

GDGF said:
:lol If you would have said RE5 Wii I would have believed you. That looks pretty awesome.
Yikes, it does!

Jaded Alyx said:
Star Wars Battlefront™: Elite Squadron™ - Nov. 3

Did we know about this?
A DS Battlefront game?

I also didn't know anything about another Clone Wars game on Wii, tbh.

Tiktaalik

Random thoughts:

1) Are safari games the new hotness? On the list is:

Jambo! Safari
SimAnimals™ Africa

Maybe Sony should have released Afrika here after all? I was a big fan of Jambo! Safari in the arcades and I'll grab this if a) it's cheap b) offers more than 10 minutes of fun. I didn't realize there was a DS version coming out too. Interesting.

2) Jurassic Hunter by Activision

What is this game? Google searches reveal nothing. Is this actually coming out this holiday?

3) I didn't realize that Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles was coming out this holiday. Looks like there is more for hardcore Wii gamers this holiday than previously realized. Atlus is bringing over Shiren the Wanderer as well. Add in another Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game on the DS and hardcore RPG fans must be pleased.

schuelma

dyls said:
I just don't get it. Nintendo admits that putting all of their faith in two games last year (AC and Wii Music) was a mistake, apologizes for it, assures everyone it won't happen again...and then goes and does the exact same thing. .

Exactly.

Top Bottom