• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 77th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders | June 29, 10 a.m. JST

J@hranimo

Banned
I'd like for them to do that. A western studio in particular, or create one in the west and allow them freedom like other studios have to do what they think the western market will enjoy.

I'd love for them to do something along the lines of this. Sega and Sony have done something like this too. It would help make some games more catered to the West.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Next Level already said they'll work exclusively for Nintendo. No need to owned then I think
On this note, you will notice that it's been a very long time since any console vendor has bought a game studio.

They will frequently close them, or sometimes open a brand new one, but almost never buy one.

I'd like for them to do that. A western studio in particular, or create one in the west and allow them freedom like other studios have to do what they think the western market will enjoy.
One of the best things Sony did was develop western studios. They even had a studio like Naughty Dog go from Jak and Daxter to Uncharted.

Nintendo really needs to do this.

sinonobu

Banned

That's what I want to.

Or just buy off Capcom since they seem horrible at managing their IPs.

Edit) talking about NLG, isn't Nintendo's relationship with Mercury Steam another NLG situation?

Not

Banned
Now they're holding Nintendo's balls to the fire over cancelling the NES classic?

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE

EDIT: Dodged just like the PC question

Maybe Microsoft is willing to sell some of those Rare IP's to Nintendo...

I'd love it but I sincerely doubt Nintendo would give a shit. They wouldn't really feel the need to buy out IPs like Banjo because they already have Mario and Donkey Kong for that kind of stuff, sadly.

That being said, I could see them maybe wanting something like Perfect Dark. They don't have a realistic FPS franchise on them, whereas those kind of games are a dime a dozen on Xbox.

That's what I want to.

Or just buy off Capcom since they seem horrible at managing their IPs.

Edit) talking about NLG, isn't Nintendo's relationship with Mercury Steam another NLG situation?

I would think they could buy Capcom. I'm not sure though.

Nintendo did that too, it's just that they went from Metroid Prime to Donkey Kong Country -_-

Lol

I'd love it but I sincerely doubt Nintendo would give a shit. They wouldn't really feel the need to buy out IPs like Banjo because they already have Mario and Donkey Kong for that kind of stuff, sadly.

That being said, I could see them maybe wanting something like Perfect Dark. They don't have a realistic FPS franchise on them, whereas those kind of games are a dime a dozen on Xbox.

You said the "perfect" game. I was thinking Perfect Dark could be a nice IP to buy from MS if MS were willing to sell it.

mazillion

The way they're talking it seems like virtual console wasn't a successful business model. The classic editions must be their latest attempt at making money off selling old games.

I am doubting the virtual console will ever return in its current form again.

Brenal

On this note, you will notice that it's been a very long time since any console vendor has bought a game studio.

They will frequently close them, or sometimes open a brand new one, but almost never buy one.

i think Nintendo commented once about this and they said that buying a studio could frequently lead to the talent leaving the studio , and that is why they prefer to do 3rd party collaborations.

The way they're talking it seems like virtual console wasn't a successful business model. The classic editions must be their latest attempt at making money off selling old games.

I am doubting the virtual console will ever return in its current form again.

It probably won't. Which is fine if they release NES and SNES compilations on Switch.

I'm surprised a splatoon anime hasn't been mentioned. The name alone sells it
There's a manga that doesn't look too good.
Maybe something eventually. Pretty shocked they haven't made more merchandise since they were caught with their pants down when Splatoon 1 blew up.
Should have some figma/SH Figure arts stuff in japan by now

The story to me is that the VC as we know it might not come to Switch. Potentially releasing physical collections of classics or single classics under a classics brand perhaps. Should be interesting.

I wonder why Nintendo is taking so long with anime adaptions considering it only took little over a year for Pokemon to start its anime run after the launch of 1st gen in Japan.

Top Bottom