• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's Press Site: Wii U Assets Galore!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.

Click for high-res pic, 56k, pester off

Thx! That looks nice. See, that's how the cases should have been handled. Black plastic cases with a blue Band at the top, sans yellow, and a blue background for the logo portion on the spine.
I still don't like that yellow line on the boxart :\
Does anybody? Btw, has the press asked Reggie about this decision?

jzsoxuY3ucyHX_e.jpg

ENJOY! :D
Wallpaper? Wallpaper

...why does the NL cover have a black WiiU gamepad on it when it comes with the black system and the only reason you would have to buy it is if you bought white?

The boxarts look good. I rike them.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
...why does the NL cover have a black WiiU gamepad on it when it comes with the black system and the only reason you would have to buy it is if you bought white?

The boxarts look good. I rike them.

You're looking way too much into it, but I'll give you a reason: it's the same boxart used in Japan.

I actually like the Nintendoland box the best, because it shows EXACTLY what you'll be getting from the game - they show an asymmetric game with Marioish Mii characters on the Gamepad and splitscreen TV, and then they show all the franchises that are included, and give the impression that it's all a bunch of a minigames and even the basics of what you'll be doing in each one.

LOCK

Nice mix of boxarts. The ZombiU one could be better but I guess Ubisoft is trying to be literal.

And wowzers at Nano and DS2

I don't get what is so terrible about the ZombiU boxart.

Yeah, the face of the main zombie in the foreground is a bit silly but I think it's decent and the font/logo of the title is excellent.

blamite

NintendoLand boxart is bad because it doesn't do anything to represent the theme park aspect of the game, and because boxes that have pictures of controllers and TVs on them are almost incredibly tacky.

antonz

I don't get what is so terrible about the ZombiU boxart.

Yeah, the face of the main zombie in the foreground is a bit silly but I think it's decent and the font/logo of the title is excellent.

I think the issue is it seems like Ubisoft is playing it safe for NA. The EU boxart is bloody etc. US boxart is pretty sterile

Rich!

One thing I have to ask:

Have we got any shots of the final hardware's back? It's obviously changed since E3, since now we know there's four usb ports - not the two shown on the previous photos.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
One thing I have to ask:

Have we got any shots of the final hardware's back? It's obviously changed since E3, since now we know there's four usb ports - not the two shown on the previous photos.
The two other ports were always behind the console's front door where the SD card slot is located.

Rich!

People were reporting that Nintendo was not allowing the back of the Wii U to be photographed

OMG

SECRET ORANGE PORTS GALORE

The two other ports were always behing the console's front door.

Hm. Never knew that. Really? Shit. One thing I hated about the PS3 Slim were the reliance on front ports. Messy.

Anyway, I doubt I'll use all four.

Hiltz

I'm really loving the look of the boxes for the Wii U console and Nintendo Land. ZombiU's boxart looks like a shovelware title. So sad. Scribblenauts and New SMB U also look terrific minus Luigi's blimp Yoshi.

linko9

Still don't like that box art. The yellow is ugly, and the curvature of the header just looks silly for some reason. It's cool that the boxes are blue.

Ardenyal

raymanlegends_screensg4bee.jpg

1080p screengrab, but I think the game will still be 720p

image is a little softer than I would think for 1080p

I like how the reflections dont even match up (red eyed thingies on the right), whoever photoshopped that needs to be more careful.

Hot damn at some of those Aliens, ZombieU, & Trine shots. A lot of these have a very clean, very anti-aliased look that I'm really enjoying.

Top Bottom