• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's Press Site: Wii U Assets Galore!

I made this with the assets:

nintendolandboxsmall.png

GDGF

Soothsayer
So is this one of the best launches in terms of software for a console ever? Certainly looks amazing to me.

As far as Nintendo launches go I haven't seen one this varied since the NES launch. So it's quite possibly their best.

Holy Wars

Banned
please, enlighten us on what you think is the best launch?

edit: nice congressman! I'm watching a batman trailer right now and it reminds me of your old avy lol.

In terms of "launch window"? GameCube was better. Wii was better [via Zelda]. Wii U has several good games but not a single great game. Mario is the best shot at that but it's hard to get your hopes too high.

It's a lot like Vita. Several good games, enough to give you plenty to buy, but nothing of Mario 64 levels of "holy shit I need this system".

rekameohs

Banned
So is this one of the best launches in terms of software for a console ever? Certainly looks amazing to me.

It's very solid, but some of the best are NES, Dreamcast, Xbox, and PSVita. Also, the fact that it's the first Nintendo system to launch with a Mario game since Mario 64 is huge, since that was the definition of a system seller.

It's a lot like Vita. Several good games, enough to give you plenty to buy, but nothing of Mario 64 levels of "holy shit I need this system".

I wouldn't say it's that way for everyone, but I can definitely sympathise with that. I only really want Mario and Pikmin 3, but not that bad.

In terms of the quality of the games we're going to get, absolutely it's one of the best.

However, when you cut out the ports, we end up with(someone correct me if I'm wrong):

Scribblenauts Unlimited
Nintendoland
New Super Mario Bros U
ZombiU

And given it's wii roots, possibly Epic Mickey 2, but I doubt it.

The rest are last gen ports, although given the tech rumours, probably a bit less lazy then usual. It's fantastic as far as I'm concerned, as I hate paying for day one dlc - so I don't own Arkham City & Darksiders 2. But someone with a ps3/360 and no qualms over that sort of thing is going to see it as rather more underwhelming.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
In terms of "launch window"? GameCube was better. Wii was better [via Zelda]. Wii U has several good games but not a single great game. Mario is the best shot at that but it's hard to get your hopes too high.

Okay, yeah, I can definitely see where you're coming from.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

There is so much wrong in this post.

Drago

Is that guaranteed at launch? I assumed only the op games were day 1...
Nintendo.com lists it with a November 18 release date and it's officially confirmed for the November 30 European launch

It's almost certainly a launch title in NA :)
Don't think it's making launch in Japan though for whatever reason

Onesimos

I think the issue is it seems like Ubisoft is playing it safe for NA. The EU boxart is bloody etc. US boxart is pretty sterile
I think the boxart is sterile as to conform to ESRB standards (which regulates the content found in boxarts). The ESRB does not just simply rates games.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
please, enlighten us on what you think is the best launch?

edit: nice congressman! I'm watching a batman trailer right now and it reminds me of your old avy lol.

There have been a fair number of pretty solid launch lineups over the years. While I agree that the Wii U is actually looking pretty solid in that regard, I don't think you can categorically state that it's the best.

Dreamcast had a pretty fantastic launch lineup (Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, Hydro Thunder, Power Stone, et al), and the PS2 trumped pretty much every launch lineup in terms of quantity.

For my money, my favorite will always be the N64, and there were only two games on that console at launch.

This kind of thing is all subjective unless we set parameters around what makes one launch lineup better than another.

Nintendo.com lists it with a November 18 release date and it's officially confirmed for the November 30 European launch

It's almost certainly a launch title in NA :)
Don't think it's making launch in Japan though for whatever reason

Cool, that actually hardens it up quite a bit then. Two day one probable 90+ platformers is fantastic in my book.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Nothing is wrong with facts unless you hate the truth and want society to fall.
I looked back at the titles published in the launch windows. I agree with you about the Gamecube launch portfolio but not the Wii, Twilight Princess included into the equation.

It may have to do with an exclusive character on the Wii U version. That character is the titular character from the upcoming Disney film Wreck-It Ralph.

I don't think Ralph is console exclusive? The Bonus Edition on the other platforms means you get Metal Sonic and the Outrun track, probably the same thing here.

Drago

I don't think Ralph is console exclusive? The Bonus Edition on the other platforms means you get Metal Sonic and the Outrun track, probably the same thing here.
Every console gets an exclusive character too, no?

I'd love to see Mario or even Captain Falcon on the WiiU but I'm sure it will just have a Mii rehash :(

wazoo

Dreamcast had a pretty fantastic launch lineup (Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, Hydro Thunder, Power Stone, et al), and the PS2 trumped pretty much every launch lineup in terms of quantity.

What ? The ps2 launch was crap and remained crap for months.

Dremacast launch should only be regarded as the japanese launch, which was 3 forgettable games and that is all.

boiled goose

good with gravy
hmmm

The blue boxes dont look as bad as i thought they would.

ZombiU looks terrible. Looks like shovelware.

Seems that banner on DS2 is on the box... ugh. why cant these just be on the plastic or somethig. at least offer a clean reversible cover... TT

most look good.

Fredrik

Wow The Wonderful 101 looks amazing in some of those hires screenshots! :eek: It has that clean cgi animation look going that I hadn't noticed before.

So on one of the ZombieU screenshots it talks about weapon crafting. Seems like you can upgrade the:

- Capacity
- Spread
- Firing speed
- Firepower
- Scope
- Silencer

You also appear to be able to tag certain areas with a range of spray cans sigils, perhaps to warn other players about areas in worldwide linkup ?

This is the sort of depth I want to see in the game to avoid it being a flop ala red steel.

Stuff like this makes me think this'll be the spiritual successor to RE4

Top Bottom