• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's Press Site: Wii U Assets Galore!

I actually like the Nintendoland box the best, because it shows EXACTLY what you'll be getting from the game - they show an asymmetric game with Marioish Mii characters on the Gamepad and splitscreen TV, and then they show all the franchises that are included, and give the impression that it's all a bunch of a minigames and even the basics of what you'll be doing in each one.

From a marketing standpoint, it is a great cover. You're right, it shows exactly what this is. On the other hand it could be more attractive, and I'll definitely be using custom box art because I already know what it is.

Medalion

Banned
Those Pikmin screenshots look so good. The NSMB Wii U assets are even making me forget how bad NSMB2 was. I'm getting unreasonably hyped.

Those Pikmin shots are from E3... and there was literally nothing talked abou this game at this latest reveal, which suggests a delay well into 2013

kunonabi

I'm really liking most of these boxarts. I can't wait to see what the Bayonetta 2 one looks like. I'm surprised there aren't any mock-ups already. For some reason the Batman one is really tempting me.

Those Pikmin shots are from E3... and there was literally nothing talked abou this game at this latest reveal, which suggests a delay well into 2013

Oh yeah, that's definitely not making launch launch. Hopefully the launch window will still apply and we'll see it early next year, but we'll see.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Digging everything but the Zombi U box. They need to fix that :)

And I can't believe how many of these freaking games I want. Definitely one of the best Nintendo launches ever.

Rezbit

The yellow bit should be white IMO. That would look cool and works with their current scheme. Yellow so random!

Holy Wars

Banned
I actually like the Nintendoland box the best, because it shows EXACTLY what you'll be getting from the game - they show an asymmetric game with Marioish Mii characters on the Gamepad and splitscreen TV, and then they show all the franchises that are included, and give the impression that it's all a bunch of a minigames and even the basics of what you'll be doing in each one.

It tells you nothing. It shows you "hey the game takes place on the tv and the controller", but that's about it. You have no idea what the game actually plays like, that it's a mini game collection, you don't get much of a feel for the franchises represented unless you notice the details on the little characters, etc.

Compared to Wii Sports, it's too busy and doesn't convay much of anything beyond "this is a product for the Wii U system!"

ffdgh

...i wonder does the bonus edition has.....mario or heck rainbow road.

anyway these screens and boxes look nice.

Mistle

jj9E5nGHOf6Uc_e.jpg

love this so much

That Nintendoland cover is pretty awful.

lol @ zombie u

? the Nintendoland cover is awesome

It tells you nothing. It shows you "hey the game takes place on the tv and the controller", but that's about it. You have no idea what the game actually plays like, that it's a mini game collection, you don't get much of a feel for the franchises represented unless you notice the details on the little characters, etc.

Compared to Wii Sports, it's too busy and doesn't convay much of anything beyond "this is a product for the Wii U system!"

. . .
Are you serious? You're probably the ONLY person here who actually thinks the ugly Wii Sports box was superior. What game boxes tell you what the game is like? That's what the BACK is for. The front is to have enticing art and this looks awesome. Lots of Mii's dressed in signature Nintendo franchise outfits playing around.

Drago

aw what
is that still going? might have to bite!

It was a '$10 off every preorder $40 and above' deal that they were having at the time. Managed to preorder Sonic for $30, Rayman for $40, and ZombiU and AC3 for $50 from the deal :)

Will probably cancel the ZombiU and AC3 preorders though as I don't want to overspend on launch and 5 games at once is a tad too much, I think :p

majik13

a lot of these have to be bullshots, too clean, some have motion blur, and too accurate depth of field.

but I can dream

majik13

I must be fucking blind cuz I don't see any link to screenshots =/

you have to click the text that says screenshot under the game info(it doesnt look like a link) then a separate window pops up and you have to download the zip file link at the bottom of that tiny window

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
a lot of these have to be bullshots, too clean, some have motion blur, and too accurate depth of field.

but I can dream

That'd be a crying shame if so, but I'm starting to think you're right. The depth of field in particular is pretty striking. I'd really hate to see Nintendo bullshotting its way into "next-gen," so I hope we're wrong.

majik13

That'd be a crying shame if so, but I'm starting to think you're right. The depth of field in particular is pretty striking. I'd really hate to see Nintendo bullshotting its way into "next-gen," so I hope we're wrong.

well at least pikmins look legit, so far it is just some of the 3rd parties screenshots that look suspect. Havent looked at any other Nintendo screens yet though.

Izick

Has Nintendo done this in the past? I mean, who knows, maybe these are legit. I want to see some damn video footage of Darksiders II on the Wii U now; if those shots are indicative of how it looks...hot damn.

FyreWulff

I like how the reflections dont even match up (red eyed thingies on the right), whoever photoshopped that needs to be more careful.

Looks like an engine error (z-ordering is broken on the reflected objects), not photoshop. No idea why they would need to photoshop an effect the N64 could fake.

Roo

you have to click the text that says screenshot under the game info(it doesnt look like a link) then a separate window pops up and you have to download the zip file link at the bottom of that tiny window

Oh I see
thanks mate :D

Ok, so I was going to say how the boxart makes everything look like shovelware..

jo77CBpic0GT1_e.jpg
jj9E5nGHOf6Uc_e.jpg

love these

But then I saw these. So good.

Im still not sold on the Wii-U and will be waiting (hell, even if I wanted it it would be out of reach monetarily) til a later date. That said, I would be lying if I said I didn't want Rayman Legends or Nano Assault. Eventually those games will be mine.

Holy Wars

Banned
? the Nintendoland cover is awesome

. . .
Are you serious? You're probably the ONLY person here who actually thinks the ugly Wii Sports box was superior. What game boxes tell you what the game is like? That's what the BACK is for. The front is to have enticing art and this looks awesome. Lots of Mii's dressed in signature Nintendo franchise outfits playing around.

The Wii Sports case is classy and clearly shows "this is a mini game compilation focused on these sports"

Nintendoland cover is just a busy, ugly mess.

Top Bottom