• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. for 3DS National Open Tournament

ProphessorX

Neo Member
N64 Kirby was unstoppable. He was a little pink drilling machine. His nerfed dash A was definitely the first of many disappointments in his future iterations.

Still glad he was chosen though. I'm all for underdogs. Once all the Rosalina's come out of the woodwork, I'll be happy to spec in all things Little Mac.

I'm surprised and happy that the tier list isn't infallible. More risky and exciting match setups.

C'mon Mario!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Jumpman knows downthrow combos to that custom up special at KO percents? At least it does for Doc, I assume it should for Mario too.

Rosalina is OP right? Two characters, teleports, magic deflection, strong melee hits and ranged attacks. It just seems too silly.

are you new to fighting games? I have to ask before I judge

She also doesn't have a "teleport" nor "strong melee hits" outside the norm. She is a space control character, a character that hasn't been introduced in a smash game for the most part. She fills an unique niche in the series, and people have no idea how to deal with it.

Yes she is strong but I would not say op. Metaknight in brawl was op. Akuma in ST was op. Rosalina is nowhere near that end of the spectrum.

I really hate Rosalina in this game. Most of her ground attacks and aerials have disjointed hitboxes that she might as well be a sword user. Not to mention the fact she has a meat shield that she can sent out that can also mimic her attacks as she does them. Oh and a special that completely neutralizes any projectile game. Or who knows, as a Mario main, maybe I'm biased.

ProphessorX

Neo Member
What is the proper counter to Rosalina? She can get aggressive but also just annoy endlessly with Luma and play conservatively. It seems once she gets ahead in the stock game, it's hard to catch up.

Marth, save us Melee Gawd!

ffdgh

What is the proper counter to Rosalina? She can get aggressive but also just annoy endlessly with Luma and play conservatively. It seems once she gets ahead in the stock game, it's hard to catch up.

No clue honestly since if you go for luma, he'll just pop back up in 8 seconds...

Revven

Rosalina is OP right? Two characters, teleports, magic deflection, strong melee hits and ranged attacks. It just seems too silly.

No... it's the first week the game has been out stateside, it's going to take a large amount of time to figure out how to beat her than 1 week. And her "teleports" are just her air dodge, rolls, and spotdodge

well they finally have the proper rules

lol

Far from the proper rule set. :V

3 stocks with a 6 minute timer would be the ideal or 2 stocks with 5/6 minutes. And equipment banned completely + allow the players to actually choose the stage via counterpicking (so Battlefield and Yoshi's Island Brawl are in effect as well besides the FD stages).

Salsa

did he not jump a second time

No... it's the first week the game has been out stateside, it's going to take a large amount of time to figure out how to beat her than 1 week. And her "teleports" are just her air dodge, rolls, and spotdodge

Far from the proper rule set. :V

3 stocks with a 6 minute timer would be the ideal or 2 stocks with 5/6 minutes. And equipment banned completely + allow the players to actually choose the stage via counterpicking (so Battlefield and Yoshi's Island Brawl are in effect as well besides the FD stages).

I was mainly refering to using omega stages

I wonder if rosaluma will be banned from tournaments, is she cheap-good or just good-good?

lol are you serious? The game just came out and you're asking if she should be banned?

Thank god you probably don't even play other fighting games.

The game hasn't even been out for a month. Hell, she isn't even metaknight strong and metaknight's banned was very controversial. There have been plenty of strong fighting game characters but very few have ever been banned.

You probably can't name more than 5 characters that have ever been banned in a competent competitive fighting game.

Regiruler

They're distracting regardless because you can't see her model.

Tap her icon on the lower touch screen and she'll be highlighted (or at least where her model is). Everyone should use it against Rosalina and the other characters with invisible moves, at least in the 3DS version where it's an option.

NotLiquid

Rosalina's Luma recovery time is too fucking short.

Out of all the things people want "patched" in the game, I really think this is the one massive oversight the dev team did here.

Revven

Yeah, I know, it's pretty jarring and I'm not sure why they did it for her, Greninja, and Palutena when in previous Smash games they tended to keep rolls/spotdodges/air dodges pretty homogenized (that is, no special GFX or anything of the sort). Also gives the illusion you can't hit her... :/

udivision

I'm pretty sure Mario's Fair hasn't landed a single time in Smash 4 ever at all.

The guy should've used the Super Jump instead of the Explosive Jump Punch, maybe.

kewlmyc

Has Smash ever had a puppet character like this before? I think it's going to be a while until people find a way to deal with Rosalina.

Top Bottom