• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh coming to Steam on November 7, Nioh Complete for PS4 same day

Evilmaus

Awesome. Very interested in this game, but I begrudge using my PS4 unless I really have to. Glad to see it's coming to PC. Just hoping it's a good port now!

The PS4 Version had 1 alpha and beta that allowed you to unlock a special DLC that couldn't be unlocked unless you finished them. How is the PC version supposed to get this exclusive DLC? Is it included by default? Same for PC version of FFXV, when it will be out the players would have already missed the Choco-Mog Carnival and Assassin's Festival.

Coolade

It's almost like Koei should hire competent PR

Yes. Just some more thorough information is all that's needed. "60fps mode has a dynamic scaler that attempts to reach 4k" something that simple and everything would be fine. But I won't fret, just have to wait and see what the game ends up being like.

This is real, right? I'm beyond happy right now, but to be honest, I'm also torn. I was already eyeing Ni no Kuni 2, so it's going to have to be one or the other for me this winter.

ApharmdX

Banned
Via Eurogamer

"The PC version will include two visual presentation modes: Action Mode, which aims for a stable 60 fps frame rate, and Movie Mode, a “cinematic” option with a 4K display resolution. Koei Tecmo's note to press suggests you can't deviate from either of these two modes, no matter how powerful your PC."

So it seems it's a direct console port with no extra graphical options. You have to choose between 4k and 60 but not both? Uh.....well um....I will be skipping this.

... but why?

Well, whatever. I waited on this for backlog reasons. If the port is reasonable then I'll get it on PC. If not, I'll play on my PS4 Pro.

jrcbandit

Hahaha, oh KT never change. Your pitiful PC ports are a wonder to behold. Locked 30 fps 4k mode is a freaking joke, same with the 100gb install size, the game wasn't that great looking on PS4.

poodaddy

Haha. Fuck off Tecmo. Will pirate.

Da fuck? Look I don't agree with their decision either but we don't pirate round these parts. Stealing the game because you disagree with their policies seems a bit ridiculous to me, and it does not send the message to publishers that you seem to think it does, all it does is make all of PC gaming look bad.

100GB is probably the space required for downloading + installing the game.

As far as I know, Steam creates a temporary folder when downloading a game.

So if the installed game + DLC on PS4 is 55GB, it makes sense if PC requires 100GB free.

Jawmuncher

where are people getting 100GB?? arent usually console games bigger than pc versions? or is just a KT thing?

This gen a lot of the bigger games seem to hover around the 50-60gb range. With the norm being around 20-30. (Talking just AAA and such).

The 100GB size isn't often and is usually for some very odd games (Where it just seems like trying to minimize sizes isn't a concern) or MS fair

pa22word

where are people getting 100GB?? arent usually console games bigger than pc versions? or is just a KT thing?
The only thing I can reasonably think of is that they remastered the prerenders to 4K to go along with the cinematic mode. That seems beyond a KT effort, but you never know.

People on Twitter are breaking their game disks and raging at Tecmo, lol 😂

Why does the game case say only on PlayStation if it was coming to Steam? Oversight by Sony? I said it was coming to PC ages ago and got blasted

Wesker28

source.gif

Day one!

Akronis

People on Twitter are breaking their game disks and raging at Tecmo, lol 😂

Why does the game case say only on PlayStation if it was coming to Steam? Oversight by Sony? I said it was coming to PC ages ago and got blasted

Maybe because the decision to put it on PC was made after it was released on PS4...?

Via Eurogamer

"The PC version will include two visual presentation modes: Action Mode, which aims for a stable 60 fps frame rate, and Movie Mode, a “cinematic” option with a 4K display resolution. Koei Tecmo's note to press suggests you can't deviate from either of these two modes, no matter how powerful your PC."

So it seems it's a direct console port with no extra graphical options. You have to choose between 4k and 60 but not both? Uh.....well um....I will be skipping this.

I can't understand why. Isn't a PC version supposed to eliminate the need for switching between modes if you have the adequate hardware? And the game already requires settings not demanded even by the most resource hungry games.

This gen a lot of the bigger games seem to hover around the 50-60gb range. With the norm being around 20-30. (Talking just AAA and such).

The 100GB size isn't often and is usually for some very odd games (Where it just seems like trying to minimize sizes isn't a concern) or MS fair

The only thing I can reasonably think of is that they remastered the prerenders to 4K to go along with the cinematic mode. That seems beyond a KT effort, but you never know.

ah, right forgot about that. just now read the EG link too, damn 100GB lol

can't saying anything about 6 gigs, but 3 gigs is really nothing these days especially if you want higher res.

Even with 6GB, you are stuck in choosing between two modes: one 60 FPS mode and the other 4K mode almost like on PS4 Pro. I don't see why someone who played this on PS4 Pro woudl need to get this on PC especially if he doesn't have a PC with such settings and needs to invest much more to play this.

pa22word

Even with 6GB, you are stuck in choosing between two modes: one 60 FPS mode and the other 4K mode almost like on PS4 Pro. I don't see why someone who played this on PS4 Pro woudl need to get this on PC especially if he doesn't have a PC with such settings and needs to invest much more to play this.
I don't know why anyone who has a gaming pc would buy a ps4 pro, but that's just me >.>

dreamfall

Koei Tecmo and the port situation is always a hard sell. Hoping it works out because this such a blessing to have on PC!

Yudoken

I'm sure a mod will come and fix that. 60fps is already supported so it should be possible.
People even got Zelda Botw running in 21:9 60fps with HQ textures and their own models on pc in a emulator.

People on Twitter are breaking their game disks and raging at Tecmo, lol ��

They're pretty dumb that's why. Do not trust 3rd party devs about exclusivity. All of them (even if they're from Japan) can come sooner or later on pc nowadays (currently Atlus jap and a few other jap devs are avoiding pc) which is a excellent thing. Games will just get better with time and will run and look much better.

timberger

Some pretty embarassing posts itt.

PC port of this took longer than I would have thought.

Weird, because I can't think of a single PS4 pro exclusive game.

I can think of many games on PS4 that aren't on PC, and can think of several good reasons to get a Pro over a base PS4 in order to play them. Hard to believe anyone who is in gaming for the actual games (As oppsed to... say... the warrioring or whatever) wouldn't be able to understand how some could see the attraction there.

Via Eurogamer

Hmm that might be a pass for me.

Via Eurogamer

Gah, not this shit. Oh well, will buy at a sale at 75% off or better.

Top Bottom