• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh coming to Steam on November 7, Nioh Complete for PS4 same day

Van Bur3n

PC players who need that Souls itch scratched, get this.

And then realize there is a lot more to it than Souls and learn the way of the Samurai.

Eusis

Nioh in 4K @ 240 fps :O
Kind of expect a 60 FPS cap. Would be neat though.

EDIT: Ohhh, I should have looked further. Cautiously optimistic SOMETHING will be done about cinematic/action (or it's straight up miscommunication) but no way do I expect a fully unlocked FPS.

pa22word

PC players who need that Souls itch scratched, get this.

And then realize there is a lot more to it than Souls and learn the way of the Samurai.
I feel the comparison to souls is vastly overstated and mostly superficial.

Much like Nier A before it which felt like a further systemization of PG combat Nioh feels very much like a systemization of Ninja Gaiden. It's really only like the first mission that the game feels like souls. Once you start on the content treadmill the game throws most of that away in favor for the combat.

Mivey

Even if the game has a 4K "mode" where it limits the framerate by default, it would likely just take some tinkering with ini files to change that.
Even if they went out of their way to hard code it, it would likely be possibly to mod those restrictions out.
Looking forward to see how insane KT is, locking 60 FPS behind lower options would be incredible.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I bought a PS4 for bloodborne. So glad I waited on Nioh. All they have to do is make a good enough port or something Durante can fix and i'm sure it will sell well.

Javier23

Banned
The game has a shit ton of content so that 100GB size really doesn't surprise me.
Content doesn't really correlate all that much with size these days. In fact, if you look at the games with the biggest HDD footprint these days there's basically no relation whatsoever, and it's always just tons of uncompressed cinematics, sound files and textures. A COD game with tons of DLC is pretty much twice as big as The Witcher 3 plus its expansions.

Jesus I have wanted this for so long. The game is already absolutely amazing on PS4 and I enjoy it there very much, don't get me wrong, but my gaming laptop fits my current lifestyle more and being able to enjoy this on the go is going to be a godsend.

Anyone who is even remotely into Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta or Souls, look into this. I know it looks a bit like a mishmash of games that aren't really all that similar to each other, but the game beautifully merges elements from games such as these.

Eldainorn

Yes, was waiting for Complete edition to jump on board on PS4. I had a hunch it was about to happen sooner or later.

Rejoice PC players.

pa22word

Even if the game has a 4K "mode" where it limits the framerate by default, it would likely just take some tinkering with ini files to change that.
Even if they went out of their way to hard code it, it would likely be possibly to mod those restrictions out.
Looking forward to see how insane KT is, locking 60 FPS behind lower options would be incredible.
Worst comes to worst they lock it in the executable and we have to crack the game to get it because steamworks and maybe denovo doesn't like you to mess with the exe.

varkuriru

Oh man is this “hope you will accept this” round 2? Hopefully it is all a misunderstanding again. Or at least that it is easy to config the graphic options as we want.

Rellik

Not a fan of the game but it's a good day when any game becomes multi platform. Fuck exclusives on any system.

PaulSane

Doesn't that still have PS3 quality assets though? (correct me if I'm wrong I don't own it)

Blue Reflection PC port has the same assests as PS4 version as far as i can tell (most certainly not Vita's), it does seem to lack a little bit in the shadows and AO department, nothing major though. And it does allow for arbitrary FPS and resolution.
The more important question is, who does KT PC ports? Is it KT themselves, or the developers?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Anyone who is even remotely into Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta or Souls, look into this. I know it looks a bit like a mishmash of games that aren't really all that similar to each other, but the game beautifully merges elements from games such as these.

Yeah no kidding. :p I love Souls, but hate the rest of this list, especially Platinum games *shudders*.

Deadly premonition is basically unplayable though due to the crashes.
That's weird because I actually haven't encountered a single crash. Granted I've only spent like 2-3 hours on the game but it's been stable. Though I don't claim to speak for everyone else and I did play it after all the patches it got.

pa22word

Yeah no kidding. :p I love Souls, but hate the rest of this list, especially Platinum games *shudders*.
I genuinely don't understand how one can hate ninja Gaiden but enjoy nioh. The game is so Ninja Gaiden that it hurts.

That's weird because I actually haven't encountered a single crash. Granted I've only spent like 2-3 hours on the game but it's been stable. Though I don't claim to speak for everyone else and I did play it after all the patches it got.

You're an anomaly.

DPB

100 GB is too big, I'd need to delete several games from my SSD and it would take an eternity to download. I think I'll have to get the PS4 retail version, I've been waiting for the complete edition to release anyway.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This is nice news, but I will definitely wait for impressions. Never, ever buying a Koei PC Port again without overwhelming positive impressions.

Tagyhag

Via Eurogamer

"The PC version will include two visual presentation modes: Action Mode, which aims for a stable 60 fps frame rate, and Movie Mode, a “cinematic” option with a 4K display resolution. Koei Tecmo's note to press suggests you can't deviate from either of these two modes, no matter how powerful your PC."

So it seems it's a direct console port with no extra graphical options. You have to choose between 4k and 60 but not both? Uh.....well um....I will be skipping this.

This will more than likely be modded out but it's still hilarious.

Again, this is HARDER TO DO THAN JUST ALLOWING YOU 4K/60 NATIVELY.

KT are doing MORE work for a SHITTIER port. It's actually amazing, I'm sooooo curious as to what goes on in those offices.

Jinaar

This is really great news and may in fact allow me to sell off some of my consoles to clear the clutter away. It is great to have choice across consoles and PC!

Rellik

100 GB is too big, I'd need to delete several games from my SSD and it would take an eternity to download. I think I'll have to get the PS4 retail version, I've been waiting for the complete edition to release anyway.

Or it's time to start looking at a bigger SSD. I've been having to use my HDD for game installs so I'm in the same boat.

Is Deadly Premonition really passable though ? I thought it was a bit of a clusterfuck with lots of crashes etc.

Literally unplayable for me. Sadly there was no Steam refunds back then.

StereoVsn

Hah, KT strikes again. I can guess that 21 x 9 support is not even in the cards. Also, why the hell wouldn't they have an unlocked FPS options? When Volta releases next year and one can run this thing at 4K and over 60fps and can't because of KT shenanigans, that's not great.

Anyway between that, 100GB and general skepticism of anything KT on PC, will wait and maybe grab it on sale.

dreamfall

God damn I can’t wait to replay this game on PC. The game was incredible on PS4, only completed the story but I can’t wait to dive in for the DLC. The combat is unmatched.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, now I have some questions to people familiar with the game:
How does multiplayer work in this? Is it Souls-like? Can you play the entire game in coop?

Can't speak too much about the multiplayer haven't used it in a while so I forgot the exact restrictions.

That said on is it Souls-like? I've been saying this since release although some have argued against it but I strongly believe it's better to look at Nioh less than a Souls game and more as a Diablo like with more engaging combat.

That said I guess you can play it in a very Souls like fashion by putting restriction on yourself regarding gear/leveling etc.

Akiller

Haha. Fuck off Tecmo. Will pirate.

b7f3a30ee7.png

close enough

pa22word

Is Deadly Premonition really passable though ? I thought it was a bit of a clusterfuck with lots of crashes etc.
It is, which is made worse to the point of unplayable due to the save system.

You have to be a massively huge fan of the game to be able to put up with the crashes to beat it on pc. It is an inevitability you will be replaying hours and hours of content a few times over while crossing your fingers and hoping it doesn't crash on you this time.

Top Bottom