• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
The need to prop up one game by putting down another is playground shit. Just play Dark Souls AND Nioh. It's what any sane person would do.
Just do it

I think the Souls family should just give 2 up for adoption and take in Nioh. It would be the perfect series.

Also I need to stop OCDing over every sub mission -_- Never gonna beat this game

I had to for Nioh ^__^

Everytime I break one of it''s body parts I go up and go yolo on it's head. Was there a faster and better way?, because the fight was too long for me.

On the other hand,
Saika
was such an amazing fight(fuck his spirit spam though)

I spammed the shit out of my phoenix. Got some special magic that lets you call your guardian spirit out, which imo would be much better use of circle+triangle.

I just find it silly how it has to be Dark Souls or Nioh. They can't co-exist. They both do lots of things well. Both have flaws. Both aren't perfect.

Lets see how Nioh evolves over time. If this game does well I can see sequels and higher budgets. I mean we are comparing it to a series with 5 games and a plethora of DLC.

For a first attempt its damn good. Damn good.

Neoweee

Oh wow this is a HARD af nerf to Extraction

It's completely useless

How much does that change your perception of Nioh's difficulty?

Bye bye extraction =(

They know about Sloth since beta... I guess (or hope) they are ok with it.

They could have thought it was fringe, or were thinking of adding a proper ailment resistance stat so it actually works in the same way that almost every other debuff in the game works. The Beta/Demo had very little in ways of describing how the magic trees worked, so their usage data probably showed misleadingly low numbers.

Also I need to stop OCDing over every sub mission -_- Never gonna beat this game

This is my issue. I absolutely can't move on from an area until I did every sub-mission, did co-op on several levels and on and on. I guess it speaks for itself where the fun factor sits with this game.

Tried rebuilding the database on your ps4 already?

Wait your PS4 is deactivated and it wasn't you? I'm sorry to tell you but maybe your account got hacked.

I know you probably tried it but when this happened to me I had to restore licenses and it was fine after that.

There is a long story behind it actually lol. I bought a ps4 pro on day one and transferred stuff over which it said it auto activates my new ps4. Then I sold my old ps4 to a coworker. A couple days ago me and my friend tried to play rocket league split screen like we do all the time and it wouldn't work. I read a solution was because the ps4 wasn't the primary so my dumb self tried to deactivate it on the website which didn't work. Now suddenly it kicked me off from that probably because it finally caught up and deactivated it. I did not try to restore my license or rebuild the database, so that's what I probably have to do. Sorry I didn't wanna bring anything off topic in here. I just should of never touched the deactivate thing lol.

Izuna

Banned
How much does that change your perception of Nioh's difficulty?

It doesn't. Infinite LW still required you to dodge every attack to keep it up with even the most specific builds.

TBH I didn't know about Sloth's usefulness until just before NG+ -- like, I've seen videos but I thought Lifeseal was comparable

Izuna

Banned
What? How does that work?

Like, just Soul Match a transferrable skill onto it 7 times (they have to be from different pools though)

--

I still like Extraction for getting LW, but there's no point in Pleiades anymore. I will have to respec and I'm not entirely sure what to...

deim0s

So I kinda bought this today on a whim as my friend was getting it. Never played a souls game before, any tips GAF?

Stay on your toes.
Watch enemy move/attack patterns.
Ki pulse, breathe it, master it.
Get a ranged weapon and do headshots.
Soul Match is stupidly expensive, ignore it and just do forging.
Disassemble weapons and items for forging.

kingbean

I go from loving this game to wishing I'd never touched it.

It's my own fault some of the time. I get to comfortable and fuck up once and get wrecked.
I haven't quite figured out how to play aggressively and still not get bodied by the oni. I tend to have to hit and run.

Also even at like 40 I can't beat
Tachibana
I'm starting to think I should just stick to Dark Souls or Ninja Gaiden, because when they had this baby I seem to have lost my skills.

Izuna

Banned
Is extraction the thing that allows you to keep spirit up all the time?

Yeah, it let you get Amrita Gauge while in LW just for hits.

Now, you can attack for like 5s even with Aya-komori and you lose it. It's not very good damage at all and completely pointless for most fights all of a sudden. Getting hit in LW once will take off 50% of the gauge and you can't get it back outside of a kill.

~~

yeah so, this actually makes Sloth even more powerful in comparison. Surprised it didn't also get a nerf.

Exactly what I do. I don't like running through a campaign for any game.

I milk the shit out of games I really like honestly and do the opposite of rushing through. I figure hey, the earliest I'm getting another one, if at all, is a few years down the road so might as well make this last.

One of the few games I've ever completed in basically one sitting was RE7 recently because it was a Redbox rental and I had to power through it prior to returning.

Stay on your toes.

soul matching is great and you can transfer mods to other weapons.

Izuna

Banned
Am I learning the hard way that you can't transfer more than one Attribute to a weapon?

So in practice, those weapons with nothing in their slots can never be filled?

*sigh*

Fuck having to spend Oshokos to actually have a small chance to drop divine items from sub mission bosses.

Just kill revs. they drop greens like candy and you can dissasemble them.

I'm too tried to figure out how I'm going to respec.

Izuna

Banned
It doesn't. You can only have one transferred skill on any weapon at any given time. So if you transferred a skill to an empty slot on that completely empty weapon, the next skill you tried to transfer would overwrite it.

I've just learnt this

horrible, so, some weapons just have empty slots now

I milk the shit out of games I really like honestly and do the opposite of rushing through. I figure hey, the earliest I'm getting another one, if at all, is a few years down the road so might as well make this last.

One of the few games I've ever completed in basically one sitting was RE7 recently because it was a Redbox rental and I had to power through it prior to returning.
Well I get games relatively often. But if I enjoy a game, I play it a ton. I played the crap out of Bloodborne and I enjoyed the hated chalice dungeons
soul matching is great and you can transfer mods to other weapons.
Meh. It's overly expensive when you'll probably get better gear in the next mission.

lionpants

Just reached a side quest where the revenants auto summon and lock you in.

This is not fun, its just bullshit. I don't appreciate rules changing mid-game for no other reason than Fuck You.

Apparently there are instrument guys that cause this but the only guy I know about and can access is dead SO WHY IS HE SUMMONING.

EDIT: Done. Hiding the guy behind a locked door where you can only get the key from the guy he summoned is shitty.

If this was a learning experience then they already put it in a prior room so this was unnecessary especially with the constant warping in of Yokai.
And up til now I thought they were going the Enemy Placement route and not the Just Spawn Em In route.
image.php

Jeez man, game tries to do something new and interesting and you lose your shit. I thought the summoning monks are a cool mechanic that add a sense of urgency to some otherwise trivial encounters. Just think of it as a boss room. The first room was an easy introduction to the mechanic and the last room was the "boss".

How do back stabs work in this game and how do I do it? Is it just like souls you get behind and get a special animation.

It's an unlockable skill under Ninjitsu, I beleive. You have to sneak up behind an enemy while locked on. When the lockon changes to red, you can perform the backstab.

Just reached a side quest where the revenants auto summon and lock you in.

This is not fun, its just bullshit. I don't appreciate rules changing mid-game for no other reason than Fuck You.

Apparently there are instrument guys that cause this but the only guy I know about and can access is dead SO WHY IS HE SUMMONING.

EDIT: Done. Hiding the guy behind a locked door where you can only get the key from the guy he summoned is shitty.

If this was a learning experience then they already put it in a prior room so this was unnecessary especially with the constant warping in of Yokai.
And up til now I thought they were going the Enemy Placement route and not the Just Spawn Em In route.
That was one of my favorite early battles, tbh.

RedFury

It's an unlockable skill under Ninjitsu, I beleive. You have to sneak up behind an enemy while locked on. When the lockon changes to red, you can perform the backstab.
Ah that's lame. I already have the skill but doesn't always proc before agro. Thought there was another skill for in combat back stabs.
That was one of my favorite early battles, tbh.
Mine too. Post just sounds whiney.

twisteh

I've got all updated gear except an old helmet I'm still rocking because it has the "Sense" attribute which I don't want to give up.

Is there any way apart from soul matching (costs millions so out of the question) that I can either improve the helmet or pass on that attribute to another piece of equipment?

Menthuss

Dual Katana's continue to shred most bosses. While it's true they're less powerful than other weapons in terms of pure strength, they more than make up for it in attack speed. Finishing combos with God of Wind followed by the double slash just destroys stamina/Ki meters.

Just defeated T
oad
N
inja
(was so focused on the battle that I didn't even look at his actual name lol). Another boss done on my first try :D.

Btw, I noticed an odd little thing during the post battle cutscene.
When the Toad calls Hanzo his son, Hanzo responds by calling him "oyaji", which I thought was synonymous with "dad" or "old man". The subtitles turn it into "Master". Is that another possible meaning for "oyaji"?

Wireframe

Stay on your toes.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I don't get overwhelmed!

I've got all updated gear except an old helmet I'm still rocking because it has the "Sense" attribute which I don't want to give up.

Is there any way apart from soul matching (costs millions so out of the question) that I can either improve the helmet or pass on that attribute to another piece of equipment?

check your charms, those mods come up all the time

Izuna

Banned
Extraction is still useful for getting LW (especially in boss fights). Since the upkeep is gone, you no longer beat an entire boss with it up, but you can almost immediately get LW back up again.

Pleiades is not worth using anymore, however (tbh, I don't know if it ever was but I decided to take another look).

I think if you spec with the explosive Ninjutsu Kunai or perhaps there's some damage magic that can't be blocked, you can keep LW throughout the boss fight with Extraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom