• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Sweet jesus almost had a heart attack there.

Sorry to hear about your build though

I'll let you know :)

So long as I can get 40s of uptime with LW + Extraction with Aya-komori then it's fine. I never liked keeping LW for different waves of enemies anyway and would Sheath my sword to remove LW.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Ah, I was wondering why you were conspicuously absent from this thread. Yes, Nue was in the alpha, and that mission ended there in the alpha.
Was out of town for 4 days. Had a great trip, but I'm ashamed (okay, not really) to admit I missed Nioh. :D

I really enjoyed the Nue level. It was short, sadly, but the art style and architecture was lovely
and reminded me of my day trip to Kyoto except with more oppressive rain and of course monsters everywhere >_>
. It seems wet stone textures are easy to make look good and atmospheric, lol

Oh, is it just me or is
fake
Tachibana way easier than the
real one
? So much for
that douche being a scary big bad... xD

The need to prop up one game by putting down another is playground shit. Just play Dark Souls AND Nioh. It's what any sane person would do.
Just do it

Was out of town for 4 days. Had a great trip, but I'm ashamed (okay, not really) to admit I missed Nioh. :D

I really enjoyed the Nue level. It was short, sadly, but the art style and architecture was lovely
and reminded me of my day trip to Kyoto except with more oppressive rain and of course monsters everywhere >_>
. It seems wet stone textures are easy to make look good and atmospheric, lol

Oh, is it just me or is
fake
Tachibana way easier than the real one? So much for
that douche being a scary big bad... xD

Definitely not just you. He's got additional
"ooh I'm a scary wizard" moves, but they've got limited range and are slow. And his version of some of Tachibana's moves are less effective than the real thing.

But I mean, isn't it irrelevant since DkS3 is considered to have easiest bosses in the franchise?

I think I'd like all further comparisons to be with an individual title at least if people want to make comparisons.

I just watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPD2x4gDdlY

I'm confused when these are considered to be fast.

Personally enemies I dislike the most in Souls are any spear enemies with shields. They are a constant reminder that the combat is slow.

DS3 is faster than previous DS games, but it still takes the core methodical, weighty approach to combat. There are faster enemies for sure, and further lothric knights can be more deadly then the ones from the first area.

That said, the real evolution in combat is in BB. BB is faster and deep while still mianting the base built in DS games.

I can't even play this game now and I am so pissed off with the whole activating/deactivating process of the ps4. I just randomly got kicked off yesterday and now all my digital games are locked and it won't let me activate or deactivate anything. I sent a support ticket yesterday since that's all the customers support can even help me with. Really hope this resolves quickly I need to play some Nioh again.

I can't even play this game now and I am so pissed off with the whole activating/deactivating process of the ps4. I just randomly got kicked off yesterday and now all my digital games are locked and it won't let me activate or deactivate anything. I sent a support ticket yesterday since that's all the customers support can even help me with. Really hope this resolves quickly I need to play some Nioh again.

Tried rebuilding the database on your ps4 already?

Patch notes?

My translation of Team Ninja's twitter:

I'll edit this post as I translate:

1.03 Patch Notes:

1. When playing one of the co-op modes, we've made it so that more Ochoko cups can drop randomly from enemies. Also, when you successfully finish the mission, we've increased the chance/amount of ochoko cups and "bukou" (not sure what the English equivalent of that is in-game; maybe glory?).

2. Okay, my Japanese has failed me on this one. It has to do with Hidden Teahouse stuff. The first part says they're adding more forging items to the list of stuff you can buy with Glory. The rest is nonsense to me; too many in-game terms I don't know the English analogs for.

EDIT (courtesy of user hotsoup): Adjusted (probably nerfed) the effect of Extraction Amulets. Also adjusted the effect of Medusa Powder.

3. Bug fixes. There were some situations where specific missions (not bothering translating the mission names) could not be completed, and those have been fixed. There was also an issue where a tutorial window would refuse to close in The Spirit Stone Slumbers, and that's been fixed as well.

4. There was an issue with getting the title for beating Magoichi Saika without getting hit, along with a few other specific bugs that they are currently dealing with.

That's the best I've got.

XaosWolf

Just reached a side quest where the revenants auto summon and lock you in.

This is not fun, its just bullshit. I don't appreciate rules changing mid-game for no other reason than Fuck You.

Apparently there are instrument guys that cause this but the only guy I know about and can access is dead SO WHY IS HE SUMMONING.

EDIT: Done. Hiding the guy behind a locked door where you can only get the key from the guy he summoned is shitty.

If this was a learning experience then they already put it in a prior room so this was unnecessary especially with the constant warping in of Yokai.
And up til now I thought they were going the Enemy Placement route and not the Just Spawn Em In route.

Izuna

Banned
DS3 is faster than previous DS games, but it still takes the core methodical, weighty approach to combat. There are faster enemies for sure, and further lothric knights can be more deadly then the ones from the first area.

That said, the real evolution in combat is in BB. BB is faster and deep while still mianting the base built in DS games.

All this hype for BB

I actually bought it during the sale but it was for someone else's US account. That's when I realised that gamesharing doesn't work the same way on PS4 ;(

C'mon Nioh, you're not helping the "it's not Souls it's its own thing!" argument here. xD

imo they do there own thing alot more later, and its much more exciting because of it.

The need to prop up one game by putting down another is playground shit. Just play Dark Souls AND Nioh. It's what any sane person would do.
Just do it

I dont really get why, but this has constantly been a thing with nioh.
"I can never go back to dark souls after this" etc. Like i'm not gonna boot up DMC4 and think "i can never go back to nioh".

How is the level design?

Interesting? Varied? Interconnected? Vertical component?
Its a real mixed bag, i wouldnt say interesting more engaging.

Pejo

Gold Member
are there certain things you cant refashion into? I got a bitchin'
old sage
mask but I can't refashion into it?

Doesn't seem to be a limit, but some items just don't show up when they should. I'm having the same problem with the Iga body piece. I have every other piece available to refashion, but the body just isn't available, despite me having one in my inventory and I already disassembled one.

I wonder if it's a glitch or we just don't understand the system yet.

Dan-o

Just do it

You spelled Bloodborne wrong, because that's what I've been up to...

Side note: It's kind of even more difficult when the controls are quite different. Only a real SoulsBorNioh samurai can master them at the same time.

I'm so terrible at these games, but I kind of love them.

Which is why the arguments from both sides are completely fucking ridiculous, incredibly reductive, and downright disingenuous. Both sides of this argument are fucking insufferable and are making this thread terrible.

BTW I'm not claiming that BB/DS is harder than Nioh,I'm not arguing that.Just saying that "in Nioh everything kills you in 2 hits" when you're using barely any armor and points in HP is silly. Going that route in DS means also 1 or 2 hit deaths...

I saw videos of people going heavy armor being able to take quite an amount of hits.

Edit: Region 4 starts with a kickass first main level. Probably one of the best levels in the game so far.

Yu Narukami

Wait your PS4 is deactivated and it wasn't you? I'm sorry to tell you but maybe your account got hacked.

Just do it

We all like burguers and hot dogs, the problem is when someone starts saying burguers are tastiers than hot dogs. Although, in a party that argument would happen when people is already too drunk so... maybe that's what's happening here.

Syntsui

Must have played a different Souls then me. Mobs were way harder in souls, heck I can take a lot of hits from most enemies in Nioh. Nonsense thereis, any black phantom with dual sowrds for one.
HOLY SHIT man ,people don't agree with you. Just stop pressing the repeat button and let it go. You are destroying this thread with your attitude.

But I mean, isn't it irrelevant since DkS3 is considered to have easiest bosses in the franchise?

I think I'd like all further comparisons to be with an individual title at least if people want to make comparisons.

I just watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPD2x4gDdlY

I'm confused when these are considered to be fast.

Personally enemies I dislike the most in Souls are any spear enemies with shields. They are a constant reminder that the combat is slow.

What?

I'm suggesting to stop comparing them because it's not a convincing point for your argument, but nevermind.

~~

But anyway! There's like, nothing to learn from this discussion for either side. Difficulty really shouldn't be the whole point of any game;

This is the enemy I was refering to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8GoM1XAuMo&t=65s

There are others but those can suck donkey balls.

Ogawa-san

Why can this happen?

xVjN93i.jpg

Izuna

Banned
We all like burguers and hot dogs, the problem is when someone starts saying burguers are tastiers than hot dogs. Although, in a party that argument would happen when people is already too drunk so... maybe that's what's happening here.

Hotdogs and Burgers have their time, but Burgers can be more varied and use better quality meat. Hotdog is synonymous with Pork, where there's less variety.

Ergo, Burgers > Hotdogs

Why can this happen?

xVjN93i.jpg

Freeman76

I know you probably tried it but when this happened to me I had to restore licenses and it was fine after that.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I trudged through the Chalice dungeon looking level and saw through every trap. Is that all you've got, Nioh!
Hehe yeah I felt the same. Pfft,
pressure plate throwing 3 projectiles
is soooo 2009.

Oh yeah, another thing that made me smile and made me think of Souls was the climbing of a tree branch to drop down on another branch to get an item. Fortunately it wasn't nearly as annoying as the Great Hollow (no fatal fall) but I did think of it, can't help but notice.

How is the level design?

Interesting? Varied? Interconnected? Vertical component?
I'm way early in the game (just started region 2) but so far it's a mixed bag. Not bad, per se, but not as compelling as the strongest Soulsborne levels. Not as much verticality so far either but there is some. Still, there's some cool parts, with shortcuts you unlock, and shrine placement is decent.

Again, I am still way early so maybe it improves dramatically later on. Still, early into Souls you get amazing levels already so I'm guessing that overall Souls have better level design. This doesn't make Nioh's terrible, though, I think it's still pretty good.

imo they do there own thing alot more later, and its much more exciting because of it.
Nice, look forward to it.

ChanMan

Which is why the arguments from both sides are completely fucking ridiculous, incredibly reductive, and downright disingenuous. Both sides of this argument are fucking insufferable and are making this thread terrible.

Yeah I think I am done with this thread, I am seeing so much bitching in this thread about Sloth and difficulty (which is subjective); was the Bloodborne thread like this during the release window? If so I'll take note to stay away from these threads when they first release.

Yeah I think I am done with this thread, I am seeing so much bitching in this thread about Sloth and difficulty (which is subjective); was the Bloodborne thread like this during the release window? If so I'll take note to stay away from these threads when they first release.

I was in that thread and I don't remember much negative stuff, besides the dick waving over which starter weapon was the best, which was ultimately idiotic.

silva1991

Why did you change your avatar ¬_¬ Been waiting for your thoughts.

I actually really liked that fight, what strat did you use?

I had to for Nioh ^__^

Everytime I break one of it''s body parts I go up and go yolo on it's head. Was there a faster and better way?, because the fight was too long for me.

On the other hand,
Saika
was such an amazing fight(fuck his spirit spam though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom