• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizzNARD

I have beaten DS2,3 and BB and this gives me more frustration than any boss in those games. By a country mile.
Like I said, try sprinting more than actually dodging. I would get close for a slam, sprint to a side and get some hits, then just book it to the other side of the room, that way I didn't have to worry about the swing. If I got in and it looked like a swing was coming, I would book it again, if it was a slam I'd have time still to get a hit or two. Again it was more about speed and movement for me than damage.I was using dual swords and low stance for the whole fight, never really had to worry about running out of ki.

Second half is the same, but he does a few different slams and a running jump slam, as well as throwing the ball. Again just move around as much as possible, and only get hits when you can, and don't get greedy.

Again, no expert, but I found speed and sprinting to be better than dodging.

Raybunny

Any impact on co op after finishing the game ( I mean if 1 of 2 have finished the story)? I cannot join my friend. Maybe patch related but we both have the same one, restarted games, changed passwords, etc etc...

Trace

Banned
Any impact on co op after finishing the game ( I mean if 1 of 2 have finished the story)? I cannot join my friend. Maybe patch related but we both have the same one, restarted games, changed passwords, etc etc...

Are you in way of the strong or not? You need to be in Way of the Samurai, you can switch at the country map.

Game says its offline, Got the latest uppdate and psn plus.

Hit R3 when you're at a shrine.

hiro4

Just finished region 2. Besides his OHKO the final boss wasn't that difficult. I did die a few times but I could always see what I should do differently.

Can't wait to play this game again. So much fun.

xviper

are you guys serious when you say Nioh is hard ? or harder than any soulsborne ??

i find it extremely easy compared to soulsborne

i'm near the ending and i beat a boss without even paying attention, i was talking to my brother and i was surprised when i find out that i actually damaged 80% of his health without even realizing

the game is miles easier than any soulsborne game, even a lot easier than Dark souls 3(which is made for casuals and newcomers of the series)

i also see a LOT of you saying that
Hino-Enma
is a very hard boss, are you kidding me ?? the only boss that i actually found to be hard or in the level of soulsborne series bosses difficulty was
Yuki-Onna

zewone

are you guys serious when you say Nioh is hard ? or harder than any soulsborne ??

i'm near the ending and i beat a boss without even paying attention, i was talking to my brother and i was surprised when i find out that i actually damaged 80% of his health without even realizing

the game is miles easier than any soulsborne game, even a lot easier than Dark souls 3(which is made for casuals and newcomers of the series)

Hino-Enma
is a very hard boss, are you kidding me ?? the only boss that i actually found to be hard or in the level of soulsborne series bosses difficulty was
Yuki-Onna

What was difficult in Souls if this game wasn't?

Izuna

Banned
At the first time you go outside in the Enma mission, you can fall off the cliff and land below. You have surprising amounts of air control.

Izuna

Banned

Hino-Enma
Yuki-Onna

Nioh isn't hard, but neither is Souls...

Anyway, do the O & H mission and let us know how that went

RedFury

Hino-Enma
Yuki-Onna
Nah bruh they just like saying it and being made fun of. Now if your done rubbing one out to your own glory how about helping those that need help. The elitism is getting out of hand if you have the skills put them to good use and foster the community. Don't put people down because they can play a video game as good as you can man.

Raybunny

Are you in way of the strong or not? You need to be in Way of the Samurai, you can switch at the country map.

Hit R3 when you're at a shrine.

Weird.... Had to select mission and password on. While before the patch the password was enough.

Trace

Banned
Nah bruh they just like saying it and being made fun of. Now if your done rubbing one out to your own glory how about helping those that need help. The elitism is getting out of hand if you have the skills put them to good use and foster the community. Don't put people down because they can play a video game as good as you can man.

Pro-tip: Don't read what he's posted in the rest of this thread. Guy has some garbage opinions.

xviper

What was difficult in Souls if this game wasn't?

i think a big part of the difficulty in souls games is the smart AI, for example, most bosses when you try to heal yourself they charge at you and kick your ass to prevent you from healing

in Nioh, the AI is stupid as fuck, they keep missing you and you can do a combo on them and they try to attack the air

go play a training mission in the Dojo, novice or advanced, for way of the warrior(sword), you will fight a boss that many here say he's hard, while i beat him without him touching me, i just kept spamming Quickdraw, run away, calculated my distance, Quickdraw.... and repeat

the AI in Nioh is broken

RedFury

Thanks Guy who helped me, Made minced meat of the boss lol.
Damn someone was quick, I was about to post I can't join and you already finished it lmao. Well that's good, keep at it! Next boss is a pain in the ass bit there is always help. Just enjoy the game and have fun making builds, many of the missions can be co-oped so keep that in mind.

Try getting your Agility below 30%, you might find the dodging helps you a lot. You have the right idea with the boss.

It is the same with most big Bosses in soulsborne just try stay behind the legs and Go to town.

Am enjoying the game except this that got me stuck as hell. This really is a souls formula game, Done right.. looking at you lords of the fallen.

xviper

if you need help with any boss up to the first mission of Region
then let me know, i will be glad to help you

Trace

Banned
oh you will know. It'll unlock as a side-mission, just before the final battle.

If he says that fight is easier than anything in souls I'm calling bullshit. There is no single fight in any of the Dark Souls series outside of maybe the Bloodborne DLC that is as hard as it.

Boss
Yuki-Onna
took me a few tries but very satisfying when it was taken out. Baiting said boss into a whiffed attack from the right distance, toss in a quick round of low axe smacks, repeat pretty much sums it up.

Had more trouble getting that
fire/mouse
summon from the previous area's sub-mission. Frickin'
tengu
surprise.

I do like the variety of summons in this game, sometimes using one that may not be ideal just for variety.

zewone

i think a big part of the difficulty in souls games is the smart AI, for example, most bosses when you try to heal yourself they charge at you and kick your ass to prevent you from healing

in Nioh, the AI is stupid as fuck, they keep missing you and you can do a combo on them and they try to attack the air

go play a training mission in the Dojo, novice or advanced, for way of the warrior(sword), you will fight a boss that many here say he's hard, while i beat him without him touching me, i just kept spamming Quickdraw, run away, calculated my distance, Quickdraw.... and repeat

the AI in Nioh is broken

I have Platinumed the Souls and BB games and there is no difference in the AI between the two games. There is no smart AI. They have certain moves they do. They're really only interested in your position relative to them. They aren't paying attention to try and punish you for healing.

This game has more complex combat than any Souls game and if you don't learn it, you're going to have a rough time.

cool, hope it doesn't have cheap tactics and calls itself hard

Now I'm very curious as to what you think is truly difficult boss encounter in a Souls game.

Menthuss

Hm, after some experimenting I'm 95% sure that the Dual sword parrying skills only work on human enemies. I can get the both Heavenly Flow and The Shrike to work on humans and Revenants but not on the Skeleton Warriors.

RedFury

Try getting your Agility below 30%, you might find the dodging helps you a lot. You have the right idea with the boss.
Of coarse it was you Izuna! Swooped right in. Seriously thanks for helping out the community and not being a ass about it (this and others TF2, etc.)

When you beat the final boss of the game do you automatically go to NG+ or can you manually initiate it?
I'd like to finish the game solo first, but keep my original game to co-op with my friend.

SephiZack

When you beat the final boss of the game do you automatically go to NG+ or can you manually initiate it?
I'd like to finish the game solo first, but keep my original game to co-op with my friend.

There is no point of no return, you basically get to play NG+ while keeping normal game

Trace

Banned

It's a difficulty level, you can switch between them as you please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom