• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

When you beat the final boss of the game do you automatically go to NG+ or can you manually initiate it?
I'd like to finish the game solo first, but keep my original game to co-op with my friend.

You get the option and you can swap back and forth from normal mode to NG+ .

RedFury

if you need help with any boss up to the first mission of Region
then let me know, i will be glad to help you
I'm well into region 6 I mean help others like those in this very thread saying they can't beat a certain boss or turning the game in because they just can't do it. I appreciate the offer though. I simply mean instead of saying "I'm great!" it wouldn't hurt to end that sentence with "does any one need help?" Then you go from an A hole to a badass who's fostering the community.

xviper

Now I'm very curious as to what you think is truly difficult boss encounter in a Souls game.

Demon's souls: old king allant

Dark souls 1: Manus

Dark souls 2: Ancient Dragon( he's easy but has lots of health and can kill you in 1 hit)

Bloodborne: Laurence

Dark souls 3: Nameless king

Nioh isn't hard, but neither is Souls...

Anyway, do the O & H mission and let us know how that went

Are there are harder games in the world? Definitely. XBOX Ninja Gaiden was far more difficult than any Souls game. Were there cheaper games in the NES era? For sure, but to act like 90 percent of the gaming populace would get through a Souls game without dieing many, many times is just myopic. These games are very difficult for the majority of the gaming public. To say that they are "easy" is completely ridiculous.

xviper

I'm well into region 6 I mean help others like those in this very thread saying they can't beat a certain boss or turning the game in because they just can't do it. I appreciate the offer though. I simply mean instead of saying "I'm great!" it wouldn't hurt to end that sentence with "does any one need help?" Then you go from an A hole to a badass who's fostering the community.

well, i have given some tips but it seems no one is doing what i say

Izuna

Banned
Demon's souls: old king allant

In a normal playthrough? He's like laughable as a boss unless you're doing a SL1, and even then he's not the hardest ;/ He has like, 2 attacks that can hit you at range ~~ his grab merely delevels you and barely kills a SL1 etc...

Izuna

Banned
Are there are harder games in the world? Definitely. XBOX Ninja Gaiden was far more difficult than any Souls game. Were there cheaper games in the NES era? For sure, but to act like 90 percent of the gaming populace would get through a Souls game without dieing many, many times is just myopic. These games are very difficult for the majority of the gaming public. To say that they are "easy" is completely ridiculous.

The context here is that it's an action game, which Souls is on the far easier side of being out of the most popular.

DMC*, NG, Bayo*,

* on higher difficulties

Nioh is close enough to the combat of those games, that it can be compared with NG in relation to its difficulty. For Souls to be especially hard, it would have to be more difficult the competition of its time.

N° 2048

S
now
level was nice, wish I didn't co-op for the boss since it was ridiculously easy. Two LW = Y
uki-onna
dead in 15 seconds lol

I don't mind too much, game is too long (imo) and I kind of want to wrap it up before Horizon hits + still playing Yakuza 0.

are you guys serious when you say Nioh is hard ? or harder than any soulsborne ??

i find it extremely easy compared to soulsborne

i'm near the ending and i beat a boss without even paying attention, i was talking to my brother and i was surprised when i find out that i actually damaged 80% of his health without even realizing

the game is miles easier than any soulsborne game, even a lot easier than Dark souls 3(which is made for casuals and newcomers of the series)

i also see a LOT of you saying that
Hino-Enma
is a very hard boss, are you kidding me ?? the only boss that i actually found to be hard or in the level of soulsborne series bosses difficulty was
Yuki-Onna

alright cool man, pat yourself on the back?

lmao

''not even paying attention''

Izuna

Banned
S
now
level was nice, wish I didn't co-op for the boss since it was ridiculously easy. Two LW = Y
uki-onna
dead in 15 seconds lol

I don't mind too much, game is too long (imo) and I kind of want to wrap it up before Horizon hits + still playing Yakuza 0.

It ramps up the story and missions from here on. You got on average
~3 main missions per region

xviper

In a normal playthrough? He's like laughable as a boss unless you're doing a SL1, and even then he's not the hardest ;/ He has like, 2 attacks that can hit you at range ~~ his grab merely delevels you and barely kills a SL1 etc...

by the way, when i first played Demon's souls in 2009, i got my ass kicked by the Tower knight and quit the game for few months, then came back and beat it in less than a day and without knowing about the Lock-on, i discovered the Lock-on with Dark souls 1, lol i know, i'm an idiot

King Allant was a pain in my ass, and when i beated him and finished the game, it was one of my proudest moments in gaming history

no boss in Nioh so far is even close to the difficulty of King Allant, or even Flame Lurker

Izuna

Banned
by the way, when i first played Demon's souls in 2009, i got my ass kicked by the Tower knight and quit the game for few months, then came back and beat it in less than a day and without knowing about the Lock-on, i discovered the Lock-on with Dark souls 1, lol i know, i'm an idiot

King Allant was a pain in my ass, and when i beated him and finished the game, it was one of my proudest moments in gaming history

no boss in Nioh so far is even close to the difficulty of King Allant, or even Flame Lurker

It sounds more that you got better as a player and you haven't realised this.

Bastos

How exactly can I get more Samurai Skill Points? I'm lvl 92 and I need more points so I can start using my Kusari-gama.

I'm only using low proficiency weapons to get skill, but it's sloooow.

silva1991

I never thought I'd do this but I used my Edge card(full value) trade in on Nioh today.

Its not that the game is bad by any means but I finished 3 regions and it became utterly repetitive.

I feel like I got the point of the game and I lost the drive to continue on.

I despise the loot system and the game sort of became "too gamey" for me. The sense of immersion and mystery are completely lost to me at this point.

I think the game highlighted to me why FromSoftware are such masters.

Bloodborne is a far greater game.It kept pulling me in and every element worked together to reveal a greater mystery,a greater whole at the end.

I'll definitely continue Nioh sometime down the line after a discount but the games vision is a bit too narrow for my taste.

It sounds like a lot of bullshit but really this game simply didnt instill a sense of awe and discovery for many reasons I cant quite put into words. It got boring!

Can't say I blame you. I love the game, but it's extremely repetitive.

I kinda wanna finish the game, but I lost the desire to g through another long mission.

I'm hoping the next few missions are short, but I doubt that.

N° 2048

My weapons are becoming under leveled and Soul Matching is insanely expensive, also when I forge I get crap.

Tips?

This loot is overwhelming :/

Peroroncino

Those fights against pairs of...
Tachibana/Tadakatsu and Oda/Yuki-onna
were rad as hell, the latter definitely gave me more trouble, first pair got facerolled hard. :D

Is there a way to "activate" shrines without reseting the damn place? Every time I come upon a new shrine I have to avoid it because I don't know if I'll have to backtrack and don't want to fight every demon again, so when it's not obviously a straightforward path I tend to play most of the level with just the starter shrine. -_-

xviper

nah man, im doing alright.

i can beat the game with my eyes closed on the rock band guitar.

so if you need help, you can always ask.

i require your help

is there a way to raise the difficulty in my current playthrough in Nioh ?? getting real tired of how easy it is

Manu

Please, let's not turn this into yet another thread where Izuna, who is clearly a guy who's very, very good at games, tells us just how easy the game is. Please.

S
now
uki-onna
dead in 15 seconds lol

Ye thats not even halfway through. If your not absolutely in love with the combat system, i dont really see what people will get out of the game. Its the dmc4 of our time.
Dmc4se is the dmc4 of our time.

Fbh

Tachibana Muneshige was pretty hard.
Took me a good 10 tries to get him.

I think the key was being more aggressive against him. Instead of staying at a distance and looking for an opening it's best to go head on against him and try to evade his attacks in a way that you can then counter attack him from behind

myco666

are you guys serious when you say Nioh is hard ? or harder than any soulsborne ??

i find it extremely easy compared to soulsborne

i'm near the ending and i beat a boss without even paying attention, i was talking to my brother and i was surprised when i find out that i actually damaged 80% of his health without even realizing

the game is miles easier than any soulsborne game, even a lot easier than Dark souls 3(which is made for casuals and newcomers of the series)

i also see a LOT of you saying that
Hino-Enma
is a very hard boss, are you kidding me ?? the only boss that i actually found to be hard or in the level of soulsborne series bosses difficulty was
Yuki-Onna

Nah I am just lying here about my insane death counter so people think I am godliek. Hardest game I have played for real though. Even when including all difficulties of the games I've played.

Izuna

Banned
Please, let's not turn this into yet another thread where Izuna, who is clearly a guy who's very, very good at games, tells us just how easy the game is. Please.

I do apologise

I can't understand how someone can rate a boss from DeS as being hard but say Nioh is easy... I'm pressing for details to try and have a debate but it's just, "I find Nioh easy, Souls is hard(er)"...

Izuna

Banned
There's not much to be seen aside character names. Heck, even William, an Englishman, speaks in a thick Irish accent.

Historically, it's a fantasy story on the Sengoku period, but the accurate portrayal of folklore and myths is beautiful

The game doesn't try to make stuff more over the top than it is, which is incredible consider this is TN. Some enemies I recognise straight from paintings I would see in museums etc.

xviper

I do apologise

I can't understand how someone can rate a boss from DeS as being hard but say Nioh is easy... I'm pressing for details to try and have a debate but it's just, "I find Nioh easy, Souls is hard(er)"...

maybe you play the game as a Hack and slash game ?? did you try to do a combo or something on a boss ?? maybe that's why you find it hard even though the bosses are as slow as a turtle

Mentok

Banned
W.T.F. So I was summoned to help a guy with
Hino-Enma
, and when I got to the boss door, both she and he just stood there. Literally, she did NOTHING while I took her out. I thought the guy was unresponsive too, but once I killed her, he ran up to me and bowed. Super weird.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom