• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
W.T.F. So I was summoned to help a guy with
Hino-Enma
, and when I got to the boss door, both she and he just stood there. Literally, she did NOTHING while I took her out. I thought the guy was unresponsive too, but once I killed her, he ran up to me and bowed. Super weird.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Never, hell of a bug lol

IvorB

I never thought I'd do this but I used my Edge card(full value) trade in on Nioh today.

Its not that the game is bad by any means but I finished 3 regions and it became utterly repetitive.

I feel like I got the point of the game and I lost the drive to continue on.

I despise the loot system and the game sort of became "too gamey" for me. The sense of immersion and mystery are completely lost to me at this point.

I think the game highlighted to me why FromSoftware are such masters.

Bloodborne is a far greater game.It kept pulling me in and every element worked together to reveal a greater mystery,a greater whole at the end.

I'll definitely continue Nioh sometime down the line after a discount but the games vision is a bit too narrow for my taste.

It sounds like a lot of bullshit but really this game simply didnt instill a sense of awe and discovery for many reasons I cant quite put into words. It got boring!

I don't think this game was every going for that be honest. Certainly that's not what I'm getting from it. It's more actiony/arcady in many ways than Souls and not as sombre and brooding.

Taking his damage and dealing damage. He allways manage to get in a few hits on me No matter How much i try blocking.

No apperant weak spot except hitting his horns wich stuns him for 1 second 1 time. Just flailing away barely doing dmg, am lvl 12.

Is there anyway you can put up a video of yourself fighting it?

It would give me an idea as to where your doing well / not well.

In anycase, as far as strats, this a video of my fighting Onryoki at around level 14 or something. Hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/uhgZ22lurKI

MKIL65

W.T.F. So I was summoned to help a guy with
Hino-Enma
, and when I got to the boss door, both she and he just stood there. Literally, she did NOTHING while I took her out. I thought the guy was unresponsive too, but once I killed her, he ran up to me and bowed. Super weird.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Kinda similar situation.
Ogress
was hanging in the air during her jump attack. Constantly twitching midair, I nearly died laughing.

My co-op partner had to shoot her down a few times before she came back to Earth.

Freeman76

Are there are harder games in the world? Definitely. XBOX Ninja Gaiden was far more difficult than any Souls game. Were there cheaper games in the NES era? For sure, but to act like 90 percent of the gaming populace would get through a Souls game without dieing many, many times is just myopic. These games are very difficult for the majority of the gaming public. To say that they are "easy" is completely ridiculous.

Stop playing into this guys hands. We need to pause this OT until Izuna is bored of the game and stops posting every 2 seconds 24/7 winding people up.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Well yeah- but I meant bushido blade the game from OG PS. Now that I think about it, For Honor should tip the hat to Bushido Blade as well.
...Where do you think Bushido Blade got the stances from >__<

They are literally kenjutsu/kendo kamae (gedan, chudan/seigan, hasso).

what boss was that ?? please don't say
Hino, she's a joke
I think Blood-Starved Beast and Rom are a joke and a lot of people struggled with them.

People find different things difficult. Fucking enough already, can we stop talking about this shit?

zewone

I feel like the spinning guys who look like umbrellas that shoot darts were pretty underutilized in NG.

It might be different in NG+.

xviper

Yuki. And Hino is not a joke.

you're right in there, Yuki is the only REAL hard boss in the game

i disagree about Hino, she's a complete joke, all you have to do is listen carefully to her voice for that paralyze move, and make sure to keep your distance in case she goes for a grab

What's with the game being patched 3 times already, but the broken (?) soul matching prices remain? You're telling me that I can play for over 35 hours, doing every bit of main and side content, and matching one of the few good axes I've found will wipe out nearly all my funds? I have +500k, and it was something like 300-400k.

What's with the game being patched 3 times already, but the broken (?) soul matching prices remain? You're telling me that I can play for over 35 hours, doing every bit of main and side content, and matching one of the few good axes I've found will wipe out nearly all my funds? I have +500k, and it was something like 300-400k.
Yep.
I think Blood-Starved Beast and Rom are a joke and a lot of people struggled with them.

People find different things difficult. Fucking enough already, can we stop talking about this shit?
Morrigan with the truth facts, as usual.

Mentok

Banned
Kinda similar situation.
Ogress
was hanging in the air during her jump attack. Constantly twitching midair, I nearly died laughing.

My co-op partner had to shoot her down a few times before she came back to Earth.

Lol that sounds like a worse glitch than mine.

Trace

Banned

It's not broken.

they stopped extraction keeping LW up

--

Guys, I don't think there's level scaling in this game... Like, I really don't. Plus you can get greens from the first boss

Hm, but wasn't that the whole point of extraction spell?

Anyway, if they did that it looks Sloth and Quick-Change are next on the nerf block.

Fucking nerfs man. Just make the game harder, don't nerf things.

Trace

Banned
Hm, but wasn't that the whole point of extraction spell?

Anyway, if they did that it looks Sloth and Quick-Change are next on the nerf block.

Fucking nerfs man. Just make the game harder, don't nerf things.

The point is to get more amrita out of enemies, it still recharges your LW really fucking fast, it just doesn't allow you to keep LW up basically indefinitely.

No, you are!

That's all I got.

I just mean you get gold really quickly near the end of the game and into NG+. I spent 500k just rerolling a sword a bunch of times and had it back in an hour.

Dubz

Please help.

On the 4th mission
at the second shrine in a poison room with vacuums. Killed everything and can't find the next area. There's a door that's locked, but I didn't find a key or a way to get in the room from another location

Izuna

Banned

Soul Matching is not for having weapons at your level.
That's a side effect of it's real use. It only becomes worthwhile in NG+

Trace

Banned
Please help.

On the 4th mission
at the second shrine in a poison room with vacuums. Killed everything and can't find the next area. There's a door that's locked, but I didn't find a key or a way to get in the room from another location

There's a key on the body next to where the archer was.

SephiZack

Please help.

On the 4th mission

If it's the same part I remember,
the key should be a purple drop in the same room as the door, probably in one of the bodies on the floor

Yibby

400k is cheap. I've seen 1.6m soulmatching costs and someone in this thread posted something around 30m.

Izuna

Banned
400k is cheap. I've seen 1.6m soulmatching costs and someone in this thread posted something around 30m.

Because it's a restriction. You can't Soul Math the same weapon twice or about 40 levels higher than it without the pricing going mental.

Finished up Way of the Strong.

Final boss dropped exactly what he dropped the first time around. Not even (+x)! Not Worth.

Using Iga Jonin set, +20% mid attack damage, Familiarity bonus A, Skill bonus A, Break, Mid Attack Break

Weapon is at +7. Elemental damage makes final boss a breeze.

I'm not going to bother finishing out the trophies, LOL

myco666

you're right in there, Yuki is the only REAL hard boss in the game

i disagree about Hino, she's a complete joke, all you have to do is listen carefully to her voice for that paralyze move, and make sure to keep your distance in case she goes for a grab

Only real hard boss? Sure. I am out.

MKIL65

Like, why can we never talk about the cool movesets some of these bosses have... Instead of looking for an ego stroke?

I get it, you beat the specific boss in a few tries. Good work Xviper.

You want a golden star next to your name?

Freeman76

Like, why can we never talk about the cool movesets some of these bosses have... Instead of looking for an ego stroke?

I get it, you beat the specific boss in a few tries. Good work Xviper.

You want a golden star next to your name?

I reckon the truth of it is he couldnt beat Bowser.

On topic: Ice Queen boss...jesus fucking H!!! This is a rough fight.

silva1991

Thank
God the Demon King revealed
is actually good level(both visually and aesthetically)

The level before it almost made me stop playing for the day.

I think selling this game to people with the promise of being a souls like game is wrong. Because this game is nothing like a souls game except for a few common elements. This game is a character building ARPG like Diablo. It has way more common at its core with diablo3 than any souls game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom