• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just beat the
ice lady... screw her.
-_-

Second boss, keep paralyzing me, any tips?

Use her voice as a cue, once you get the timing right you'll be dodging that crap pretty much all time. Also, I found the aerial attack (the one that she flies towards you) safer if you just block it, you'll be numb afterward but you'll recover in time before she does anything, I promise.

Izuna

Banned
Gonna attempt O and Y tonight with no living weapon or sloth :p

Actually did this for my NG+

Sloth was making Y unbearable because the audio cues weren't consistent. Living weapon I did use, but I couldn't get any mileage out of it.

Both are so trivial on their own, but toegther, yeesh

It took me 11 tries on NG+ ;(
3 for normal.

~~

Has that one dude attempted this yet?

Assuming your getting hit by purple, hold your guard, then dodge through. Your iframes our at the start of the dash.
https://youtu.be/wZZ9igj6ANg?t=4m23s

General fight tips
- Spacing 101
- If shes running out you, get ready to roll back
- Break her ki, to do insane damage to her
- Only punish her after he long mix ups, not the short ones

It's real cheap to get the anti-paralysis ninjutsu pills at this point. 3 free cures a shot. Highly recommend...

Izuna

Banned
You won't get paralysed if her dodge her attack. Listen to her, she makes the same noise when close for a grab, and far for the bolt. Be sure to be using Low/Mid stance though.

The timing is always the same

You won't get paralysed if her dodge her attack. Listen to her, she makes the same noise when close for a grab, and far for the bolt. Be sure to be using Low/Mid stance though.

I just..

Everyone should have the anti-poison/paralysis pills. They're too good not to.

Your advice is spot on but for when I can't dodge properly, I use Pills™©.

lionpants

I swear spears got nerfed with the update. High stance doesn't seem as good as it was. Revenants just powerstance right through my blows...

Izuna

Banned
hey izuna did u end up keeping extraction?

should i just respec out of it? I have 4 talismans. maybe i should bring that down to 2?

Yeah, I kept it. It's still great for earning LW in situations where you otherwise wouldn't.

The best part of LW is the activation. It insta staggers certain enemies and allows you to kite properly. Plus, if you're hitting smaller ads, you'll keep your LW up and leave only the boss and just eat the attacks.

For bosses, it's very minimal but it's worth it. Though, for some, I was able to LW throughout the entire fight. I got O like that in co-op with Zack.

I keep 6, and basically pop one for every big fight. It's a free kill on a lot of enemies.

I'd list my whole build but I don't have the game downloaded. Oh well...

Gotta focus on an exam, glad to see this thread so lively. Freaking love this game.

zarnold56

This dude you can duel in region 1 is so damn annoying. He is so damn hard and when he spams the cats towards the end I want to throw my controller through the screen

Izuna

Banned
This dude you can duel in region 1 is so damn annoying. He is so damn hard and when he spams the cats towards the end I want to throw my controller through the screen

He's cheating the game's Ki system. If you can, get Lifeseal and he becomes normal.

komorebi

Co-op with the rock and bait him around it!

It's a cheese tactic but helps with the frustration at times like this. You can come back and fight him again later, it's fun once he doesn't have you against the ropes.

Izuna

Banned
Off the top of my head, because I'm dumb enough to delete the damn game...

I finished at 170 with the following stats

5 Body
99 Heart
10 Stamina
10 Strength
30 Skill
20 Dexterity
23 Magic
15 Spirit (Aya-komori)

~~

If you're katana only but want to use some Ninjutsu and Magic buffs, Just match the DEX/MAGIC numbers and raise Heart. -- Everything should be minimum 10 and Spirit only as high as enabling the abilities for your Guardian Spirit of choice.

If you want to use more than just katana, evenly distribute among the primary stats for whichever weapons you want to use. The damage scaling ain't that serious but the bonuses that come with these stats don't mean a whole lot (weight, Ki, Ki Pulse).

Chorazin

Hand cannon his face before he notices you then SPRINT to him and hit him when he's down with your strong attack. For me that took off about a quarter of his health and that's the edge I needed to win!

Got my Japanese import today (it's got English text!) . Loving the game so far. Beat the first major boss after many tries. Watched epicnamebro play the same mission afterwards, and found out their was a short-cut to getting to that boss quicker. I could've saved a whole lot more time in my re-attempts. Probably need to explore a bit more carefully. lol

Hybris

Assuming your getting hit by purple, hold your guard, then dodge through. Your iframes our at the start of the dash.
https://youtu.be/wZZ9igj6ANg?t=4m23s

General fight tips
- Spacing 101
- If shes running out you, get ready to roll back
- Break her ki, to do insane damage to her
- Only punish her after he long mix ups, not the short ones

You doing every mission run or just bosses? Gonna start my run tomorrow probably.

komorebi

Got my Japanese import today (it's got English text!) . Loving the game so far. Beat the first major boss after many tries. Watched epicnamebro play the same mission afterwards, and found out their was a short-cut to getting to that boss quicker. I could've saved a whole lot more time in my re-attempts. Probably need to explore a bit more carefully. lol

Welcome to Nioh. Reincarnation is thataway, get used to it!

Isn't the idea to finish an entire region, sub-missions and all before moving on?

Am I doing it wrong?

Why wouldn't I do this?

FYI just finished Region 1 including today's level 20 twilight mission.

Not at all, that's how I'm playing too.

Badgerst3

Isn't the idea to finish an entire region, sub-missions and all before moving on?

Am I doing it wrong?

Why wouldn't I do this?

FYI just finished Region 1 including today's level 20 twilight mission.

Base on the elemental weakness in the Youkai encyclopedia, this is how the hierarchy of the elements looks like:

Lightning < Water < Fire < Earth < Wind < Lightning

Note that just because they have a resistance doesn't mean they have a weakness but if they do it'll be in the above order

ironcreed

Banned
The beta portion on the beach definitely felt a bit easier, but a lot of that is probably because I have played it before. So glad to finally have the full game now.

Haven't played since the first beta, man its so different without the weapon duration stuff and stamina stun penalty. I wish they kept the latter though.

bounchfx

holy shitballs. so for the first time in this game I decided to try heavier armor, I equipped all the warrior of the west pieces which put me at around 73% or something. I can't believe how fast my fucking Ki is gone, even in low stance. two dodges and two attacks and it's gone. any other stance, even faster. I'm not sure I like it. I'm so used to being around 40%, which not only could I do many more attacks in succession, but the ki regenerated nearly twice as fast

zewone

So I was streaming to Twitch from my PS4 while I beat the hardest normal mode mission.

I was hoping to save the video. I did check the option to archive prior to this, but I'm not seeing it on my page.

zewone

holy shitballs. so for the first time in this game I decided to try heavier armor, I equipped all the warrior of the west pieces which put me at around 73% or something. I can't believe how fast my fucking Ki is gone, even in low stance. two dodges and two attacks and it's gone. any other stance, even faster. I'm not sure I like it. I'm so used to being around 40%, which not only could I do many more attacks in succession, but the ki regenerated nearly twice as fast

0-30%
30-70%
70-100%
100+%
Those are the tiers. Get back under 70.

komorebi

For real. But shouldn't tons of points in stamina offset this? I've been rolling light armor so I'm too used to it to change now.

10 Strength and 12 Stamina, that's the exact amount you need to get it under.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom