• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
What do you guys think I should get on them?

Remember guys, never give up. Believe in the Tome that believes in you.

:| what a weapon. I need ki damage though, It's very important. Maybe switch out the life recovery for Close Combat Attack or per hit.

I'm confused and/or an idiot. If I'm wearing the full set, why are my bonuses still grayed out?

qFsxoAY.jpg

Yu Narukami

I thought I'd ask how you can find the stat requirements for items, but I'm afraid people will jump down my throat for not being enough of a pro and not already being on NG+ despite the game having only been out for a week.
Don't worry, guys love comparing the size of their dicks. (mine is a baguette)

Freeman76

Got my Japanese import today (it's got English text!) . Loving the game so far. Beat the first major boss after many tries. Watched epicnamebro play the same mission afterwards, and found out their was a short-cut to getting to that boss quicker. I could've saved a whole lot more time in my re-attempts. Probably need to explore a bit more carefully. lol

Im on Region 3 now, and so far every main story mission has a shortcut that means you can pretty much get to the boss again in 30 secs without fighting mobs. Really good design choice imo. Did you miss the door behind the shrine and have to go through the village every time?

Freeman76

There was a lot of that "git gud" talk and boasting going around earlier but it seems to have died down.

I really wish GAF was a bit stricter about it, this OT is unbearable and its mainly due to a couple of main contributors who are a bit too obsessed with the game, and their need to tell everyone whats what and how easy these games are for them. On the rare occasions they arent posting the OT is fine.

xuchu

What does the "raise lower and upper level of forged items" muramusa patronage thing actually do? I thought it would give me divines as low as 150(+5) and and as high as (+10) but it's not. I'm only lvl 125 though so maybe it does this after you pass lvl 150? Can anyone confirm?

Also does anyone know if carnage talisman and power pill stack?

Silvard

:| what a weapon. I need ki damage though, It's very important. Maybe switch out the life recovery for Close Combat Attack or per hit.

Yeah, I haven't even touched any of the other stats, but I certainly can't get any more damage effects out of it so I was wondering what else is there. Ki damage is good (and on the spear), that still leaves 1 on each. I have a few Quick Attack Life Drain inheritable weapons that I could use, but I was wondering how effective those would be. I've never used a life drain ability so I don't know how powerful they are, but I was thinking of saving one for a set of dual blades.

There's only one Dual Sword in the game that's part of a set, right? The reason I picked these weapons is that with the Yasakani Magatama I can just have each of my weapons from a set (reforged to desirability and to fire where possible, because of Red Demon) because with the weapon alone I trigger the 2 set bonus. Right now I have the Red Demon 6 piece active, and Legendary Mikawa Warrior, Warrior of the West and Yatagarasu's 2 piece bonuses all active.

By the way, has anyone found all the Magatamas that Tome asks for? I was very thorough in my playthrough and I think I only found 3, and there's at least 5.

Fandangox

I thought it'd be smooth sailing after Tachibana but spear man is fucking me up too. Had him down to 1 hit but then I screwed up.

Try draining its stamina . For Spear man (li?) you should use the Mid Stance spear's Square+Triangle move where you plant the spear on the ground and use it as support for a kick, it works like a charm and drains a lot of his stamina.

IbukiLordSA

The
Okatsu
boss fight was amazing, really liked her design in this fight. Felt like I was fighting against
Ayane
in NG

Favorite fight so far, I managed it first try and just want to go back and do it again.

Fandangox

LOL. It can be quite useful, especially the soul match and reforge options.

It feels like its a huge part of the game I should take advantage of, but I think I will wait till someone makes some sort guide to ease me into the whole thing, or try myself after I beat the game.

AzureFlame

So uh, I'm in the Defiled Castle and
poopsmith wants more poop. Do you just rest over and over and farm it?

you can farm them, he need 10 for the trophy and the door and 30 for the helmet, you can farm them from the slimes, but I'd recommend you get at least 10 for now and return later for more, they will not reset if you finish the mission.

Nose Master

you can farm them, he need 10 for the trophy and the door and 30 for the helmet, you can farm them from the slimes, but I'd recommend you get at least 10 for now and return later for more, they will not reset if you finish the mission.

Is he not progression through the mission then? Compass points to him.

Nvm, must open at 10

Strings

Does respecing gives me back my skills that I gained from leveling up? Or does it only give me back skills I gained from consumables?

You even get the Amrita you spent on all your levels back, along with all your skill points. It's an absurdly awesome way to handle it.

myco666

So I am thinking about respeccing my character because I have thrown points around like crazy.

Thinking about going like this

Body 12
Heart 7
Stamina 5
Strength 6
Skill 7
Dexterity 25
Magic 5
Spirit 11

This gets me at level 36 so I have 20+ points left. What would be the best place to put those extra points? Using Kusarigama.

Sanctuary

Sorry if this is already old news. Haven't been keeping up with the thread, and did my own tests on Toughness for a potential future build. No idea how this would work in NG+, but here are my findings for NG.

This is still early, but it was bothering me not really knowing how much of an impact Toughness really had, and at what point it allows you to "poise" through attacks, as well as how much it reduces Ki while blocking. This is just a super preliminary test, and I plan on doing something more exhaustive soon, unless someone else already beats me to it.

I tested this on a level 100+ human enemy prior to finishing the game, which had three attacks with a sword. A lunging thrust, a one-handed and two-handed slash. So if anything, this should be the baseline regarding poise, not the upper limit (at least at this level anyway).

Essentially, exactly 200 Toughness is when you can start attacking without being interrupted. This is also denoted by a blue Toughness number. 199 just didn't do it. It has to be exactly 200 or higher. I couldn't really understand what the purpose of anything lower was then, because at 100 - 199, you have a green Toughness. Well, at exactly 100 is when Ki reduction on block kicks in. It also scales extremely well the higher you go after 100. Below 100 is laughably bad in that regard, and essentially pointless as you'll see below. I couldn't test with 0 Toughness due to adding some innately through Prestige.

Just going to format it by Toughness, Thrust/One-Handed/Two-Handed attack Ki reduction.

Toughness 6 - 66/54/82
Toughness 93 - 61/52/71
Toughness 100 - 52/37/59
Toughness 199 - 41/29/52
Toughness 200 - 29/21/38
Toughness 265 - 26/18/33
Toughness 299 - 24/17/31

Toughness caps at 299, and does not require all Heavy armor to reach. Guard Ki reduction on weapons also stacks with this. Highest I've seen so far is 19.5%, but it might go beyond 20%. Highest I've been able to add to armor was +2.

Mesharey

hooooly shit i am proud of this run. she was a pain. in. the. ass

felt good to finally down her. This final run went incredibly smooth as well. PHEW

https://youtu.be/VluxMtYykR0
Nice run and dodges, it might be better to reduce your gear weight to 70% or below, you'll use way less stamina, also try to use KI pulse (R1 after attacking once the particles appear around your character, or dodge KI pulse but you have to buy this dodge KI pulse).

Beat Umi-Bozu after my fourth try. Honestly wasn't that bad of a boss as some people on here made him out to be. First two times I fell in the water, third time he got me with his beam of doooooom. His tentacles are extremely easy to avoid if you're at close range, which I was for the majority of the fight. Don't be scared to get up in his face. I continually swiped away at him while keeping my ki charged with ki pulse, and stepped to the side when he threw debris at me or used that one hit KO beam move. Second part of the fight I just played ring around the rosie and hit the shiny mole on the head whenever it popped up. Easy-peasy.

Stay close to him, guys. He can't hit you with the double tentacles attack if you're all up in his grill. You'll only need to evade to the opposite side when he readies for a single tentacle attack. Fighting him from afar only makes the fight more difficult than it needs to be.

Rizzi

What are the rewards for doing the clan battle stuff? I don't really feel like murdering a bunch of revenants if the reward is crap.

Raybunny

Any idea how many dungballs a noble counts as? Gave him 10 normal and 5 nobles.

Is the forge an end game thing? Im up to region 3 and I canr forge anything that is as good as drops I have found.

Kinda sort of, I think it's meant for forging set equipment at higher levels.

Like if you defeat Muneshige you'll only get like Lv 35 armor, but if you're Lv 65 and you craft his set you'll get Lv 55-60 version of it. Also cheaper than soul matching.

Been at work and being thinking about this game all morning, cant wait to get home and continue my missions in this game. Was a long time ago a game had this effect on me, that i cant wait to get home to play more!

Sanctuary

Is the forge an end game thing? Im up to region 3 and I canr forge anything that is as good as drops I have found.

Disassemble ALL of your early armors, especially the helmets for the Lacquer, since everything requires it. I'd suggest disassembling until you have a comfortable number of materials (I just stopped at 80) and then start selling everything else. Don't give it to the shrine. Sell it. I'd also highly suggest not spending any of the bonuses at the Forge until you get the option for Soul Matching discounts. It's easily the most expensive thing in the game. IMO there really is no reason to forge weapons until late game, unless you're really struggling. Armors on the other hand are relatively cheap, and you can forge pretty decent bonuses relatively easy too. I'd just suggest not falling more than 15 - 20 levels behind in armor, compared to your current level. You don't really need it to always be "up to date" and matching your level either.

By the time you reach near the end of the game, all of those +% gold bonuses from gear that you forged away or didn't wear start looking mighty appealing in hindsight. You could alternatively just farm the Dojo for quick drops too.

Naite

Anyone else get kicked offline? Was in the middle of helping a random player online and got booted and can't get back online anymore.

Like if you defeat Muneshige you'll only get like Lv 35 armor, but if you're Lv 65 and you craft his set you'll get Lv 55-60 version of it. Also cheaper than soul matching.

Forged armour also has lower equipment requirements than armour that drops, so if there's some armour that you'd like to wear but don't have the stats for, check out what the requirements would be if you forged it instead.

So I am thinking about respeccing my character because I have thrown points around like crazy.

Thinking about going like this

Body 12
Heart 7
Stamina 5
Strength 6
Skill 7
Dexterity 25
Magic 5
Spirit 11

This gets me at level 36 so I have 20+ points left. What would be the best place to put those extra points? Using Kusarigama.

Skill is the other dmg scaling modifier for kusarigama, also heart I think to a lesser extent. Check the weapon properties should tell you with which stats scales.

Mesharey

The
Okatsu
boss fight was amazing, really liked her design in this fight. Felt like I was fighting against
Ayane
in NG

Favorite fight so far, I managed it first try and just want to go back and do it again.
That fight is awesome, one of my favorites if not the favorite, felt like a DoA fight,
Kasmui or Ayane
lol.

Freeman76

So that is the purpose of blueprints, and to make it so that its not best to farm them on low difficulties and then soulforge, the cost to SF is very high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom