• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Ogawa-san

If someone wants to farm glory points for getting female skins we can do that pretty easily. Just doing coop with yokai realm the first main mission of the DLC and rush to the boss.

It takes 3 min and we get 2.7k glory points each run.
I was going to suggest PvPing but it seems they nerfed glory already. Today I'm getting 1.5k~2.5k for a win but 10% of that for a loss, I could swear I was getting more before 1.08.

N° 2048

I can't get over how bullshit the cost for the female skins are, I think I'm going to pass on the DLC because of that and just grab it when they all come out.

First boss of the dlc down.

I have no doubt that would've been a cool fight, but being overleveled really killed it. They really should've let us do the dlc in Way of the Demon if we wanted to.

EDIT: SCRATCH ALL MY BITCHING. I ACCIDENTALLY SWITCHED IT TO WAY OF THE SAMURAI WITHOUT NOTICING BEFORE STARTING THE DLC LOLOLOLOL.

THE FIRST MISSION IS LEVEL 330 ON WAY OF THE STRONG, NOT 150.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I can't get over how bullshit the cost for the female skins are, I think I'm going to pass on the DLC because of that and just grab it when they all come out.
Judging by how much new story content was added, I'm thinking of doing the same.
You can also try buying the season pass for dirt cheap like that one deal couple of weeks back so you'll be automatically set. It'll go on sale again, keep an eye out for it.

Peroroncino

Guys, the dual bosses fights after main game can be cooped? My friend is asking me for help but he can't choose the mission from the 'yokai realm with the companion' even though I can.

Guys, the dual bosses fights after main game can be cooped? My friend is asking me for help but he can't choose the mission from the 'yokai realm with the companion' even though I can.

Only in Way of the Strong/Demon. Either way, it means both of you would have to solo it first in Way of the Samurai.

Was doing a main mission and fell into a room that just happened to be the boss, which fucked up all my shit as I was not expecting nor ready for it at all. Now I have to go back and kill hundreds of enemies again.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Some yes some no if I remember correctly. Gotta look to see if they have the Tori Gate symbol present at the top right when selecting missions. It's been a while so I'm not 100% sure.

Ogawa-san

You can also try buying the season pass for dirt cheap like that one deal couple of weeks back so you'll be automatically set. It'll go on sale again, keep an eye out for it.
Now I'm regretting passing on that sale, but I was feeling kinda burned since it was less than two months after paying full price for it at launch. We probably won't see another sale until the next DLC comes around...

If they had announced female skins sooner I would've caved, though :p

Naite

Was a bit bummed that the level changes made my armor of the exceptional drop down to C agility, but then I reforged my chest piece and got a 15% weight reduction and brought it back down to B again.

Hybris

I actually already bought it when it came on sale. Sorry meant I may wait to play it until all pieces are released. I'm not really interested in pvp or the divine grind personally.

Veelk

Banned
Have they announced exactly how many more DLC packs will be available for the game? I kinda lost interest playing it at some point after the water blob, but I'd be down to pick it up again if the game is complete.

And does anyone have a gallery of all the new weapon designs? I feel like I'm the only one with this obsession about examining weapons in games up close.

So I've been watching some DLC footage at work, and I'm really excited for
the Maria fight, mostly because it looks like everything I wanted out of the fight against Oda Nobunaga. She moves fast, has quick combos, and doesn't have many gaps in her defense.

Tome, Fuku or Ginchiyo? I can't decide

Ginchiyo, definitely.

Deku Tree

So I've been watching some DLC footage at work, and I'm really excited for
the Maria fight, mostly because it looks like everything I wanted out of the fight against Oda Nobunaga. She moves fast, has quick combos, and doesn't have many gaps in her defense.

And as usual Sloth breaks all of that...

LAM09

Still haven't pulled the trigger on the Season Pass in fear that enemy variation is still a problem.

How are people finding it on that front?

Edit - Looks like much of the same after reading a few comments

Trakan

PvP is really a lottery, you can either get matched with somebody who one shots you, or the other way around, fair duels are pretty rare so far. However it's a good way to farm GLORY very quickly, I think I farmed more or less 50k by now.

Seems like you only get a couple hundred for losing and I'm running into a lot of cheese with ninjutsu or magic let alone someone just spamming blade spin.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just played and beat the first DLC main mission on NG+. Pretty fun, but I'm gonna save and savor the rest. Not worrying about divine gear grind this time around and just playing for story. Might give Demon difficulty after I beat new region on Strong.
I really missed the combat of this game, it's been too long since I played lol.

Finished all 10 missions in the dlc on Way of the Strong.

The dual boss fight was a joke because one uses an
axe
and the other uses an
odachi
meaning I could practically parry with my eyes closed.

Date
and
Maria
were really fun fights done as pure melee (no ninjutsu/onmyo) though!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So I'm making some sweet progress. Got to the first real boss
Ship demon
. Can't quite beat it yet but I can get to him no problem. I can make decent damage but I think I need to grind a bit.

I'm loving the mixture of Dark Souls and Diablo. This is a really fun game. Games run solid in action mode on Pro but, damn, that's a weird thing they do with the skipping animations on enemies in the distance.

Probably need to stop goofing off with friends and continue missions lol.

So I have access to the new weapon though?

Check the blacksmith. If you have access, she should be able to sell/craft at least the weakest versions of it I imagine, but I don't know for sure.

I'm playing Way of the Demon now, and +9~+11 gear is dropping like candy. I've gotten gear up to level 180+10 so far. I'm hearing 200+15 is max now.

There are also special enemies that glow with a red outline and they're super buffed and always drop something that's at a high upgrade level.

EDIT: Oops, double post.

Deku Tree

Did they get rid of revenant trading. People saying perks are now randomized on revenants drops.

I wonder if they will keep bumping the level cap up with each DLC. First DLC level cap is 400. Second 600. Third 750 or w/e.

Did they get rid of revenant trading. People saying perks are now randomized on revenants drops.

No clue, but holy shit if that's the case.

Also, I just checked and I can forge stuff up to level 185. I dunno if that means 185 is max or not. Maybe it'll go up as I unlock more regions in Way of the Demon.

EDIT:

Screenshot from reddit:

hkinbah7b6vy.jpg

A 200+16 weapon. This guy thinks 200+20 is max.

He says once you unlock region 5 and 6 in Way of the Demon, you can forge level 200 stuff yourself.

First all the nerfing now cutting my level in half. You can go take a walk TN. I'm gonna do just a quick run through the new missions and I'm done with the game. I did not spent 400 hours with the game, so you can now take it back cause you feel like it's a good idea.

Just used the Odachi for the first time. Now, when I played Nioh, I was single katana the entire game AND throughout NG+, only using the other weapons to unlock the dojo missions and trophies. But hot damn, while in Suzaku at 1 HP this thing destroys people. HARD. Definitely maybe going to switch to using it. Gotta start rolling for elements, preferably fire again like I have on my sword.

Which one is the best? I have an Omokage that apparently does water damage but I haven't noticed it. I'd like to pair one with magic or spirit, like my Kusanagi Tsurugi is. Does one of those exist?

kaioshade

I dont think im cut out for these games anymore. Still on the first level and getting completely wrecked by each demon and guard with black armor. Other than feeling completely inadequate, im enjoying the game immensely.

Any recommended weapon setups or general tips? (Please refrain from being witty and posting "git gud", it isnt helpful)

I dont think im cut out for these games anymore. Still on the first level and getting completely wrecked by each demon and guard with black armor. Other than feeling completely inadequate, im enjoying the game immensely.

Any recommended weapon setups or general tips? (Please refrain from being witty and posting "git gud", it isnt helpful)

Square square square ki pulse got me through the entire game. If you think you can get one more hit in, you can't. Just run away.

kaioshade

Square square square ki pulse got me through the entire game. If you think you can get one more hit in, you can't. Just run away.

Its weird, i guess i just need to be more conservative. every time i try to go for a hit i just get slaughtered. i like low stance katana and dual katanas, but the damage is too pitiful. and everything else is too slow.

i can do ninja gaiden, monster hunter just fine. but dark souls, bloodborne and now this i just cant do, and its frustrating as hell not knowing why.

Top Bottom