• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

xuchu

Aye the save is at him now, after the first phase he wont be bad :p But first phase has the sometimes unavoidable breath attack....

I like the boss, but with my restrictions hes going to be a pain in the ass, cause i have no patience.

Yeah I found that you can bait a short range breath sometimes if you stand close to the head in the first phase but that doesn't really work in the second phase. Sometimes you can low stance twirl dodge the side to side breath, sometimes you can't. Could never really do it consistently. On my winning run I think it just granted me mercy and didn't do it for some reason or another.

My usual strategy of using water sword to burst down each head just doesn't work base level as you don't have much ki, it takes too long and because you're rooted in one place so you're just too vulnerable when each off screen projectile is a death sentence, doubly so if you're going for crusher title. It's just such a long fight at naked base level that I just couldn't help playing ultra safe.

Orochi
and
Skelezor
were the bane of my base level run but I completed it eventually and really enjoyed it. It forces you learn boss phases much more intimately than when you're fully geared. Excited to tackle the dlc naked base level in a few weeks.

Orochi
and
Skelezor
were the bane of my base level run but I completed it eventually and really enjoyed it. It forces you learn boss phases much more intimately than when you're fully geared. Excited to tackle the dlc naked base level in a few weeks.

Who the hell is Skelezor xD

I'm lookin forward to dlc, but ive already done no damage with odachi on Blondie/DS and thats probably a harder challenge run ngl.

Sarcasm

I am still fighting that one warrior of the north in region 1.

I spent my skills. I try to do what I see in the videos except this fucker never depletes his stamina. Even if he does he gets it back after getting up immediately.

XD

But seriously....this dude never loses KI and blocks everything lol. I can't do the combo with kick + swing both my swords because they just get deflected. I lose more ki even with pulsing on dodge and stance changes haha >.<

Kind of wish this fight was different each time I might have gotten lucky by now.

Also that charge and slash from sheathe is a broken ass skill. It doesn't work most of the time. Character just unsheathes and stands there wondering about Jesus.

Though I don't understand as O isn't an attack.

I spent my skills. I try to do what I see in the videos except this fucker never depletes his stamina. Even if he does he gets it back after getting up immediately.

What do I do? I need better videos than of the get gud ones using wooden swords because my fight definitely doesn't go that way. May as well be using bananas as a controller.

Or should I just forget him forever as I am fine doing the other parts of the game. I can't trust myself to do the parries either.

What is up with getting hit once trying to dodge but you character stays there like they found Jesus which means I get hit 7 more times.

XD

But seriously....this dude never loses KI and blocks everything lol. I can't do the combo with kick + swing both my swords because they just get deflected.

You could use lifeseal talisman it prevents ki from regenerating and creates easier windows. If you don't want to use it there is a duel sword skill that works very well with him where if you attack and they block you press triangle and it moves you to their back, you then attack and this destroys ki. You can usually do this again immediately after which you can follow up by a double quick draw (don't touch the analogue stick when doing) and ground stab.

You can also wait for him to do the jump move and hit him with a fast projectile which will often put him in an exhausted state then skill him to win.

XD

But seriously....this dude never loses KI and blocks everything lol. I can't do the combo with kick + swing both my swords because they just get deflected. I lose more ki even with pulsing on dodge and stance changes haha >.<

Kind of wish this fight was different each time I might have gotten lucky by now.

Also that charge and slash from sheathe is a broken ass skill. It doesn't work most of the time. Character just unsheathes and stands there wondering about Jesus.

Though I don't understand as O isn't an attack.

Sign of the cross does work. I can hit it almost 100% of the time it's just a timing thing. You've gotta practice it and get it down

Sarcasm

You could use lifeseal talisman it prevents ki from regenerating and creates easier windows. If you don't want to use it there is a duel sword skill that works very well with him where if you attack and they block you press triangle and it moves you to their back, you then attack and this destroys ki. You can usually do this again immediately after which you can follow up by a double quick draw (don't touch the analogue stick when doing) and ground stab.

You can also wait for him to do the jump move and hit him with a fast projectile which will often put him in an exhausted state then skill him to win.

I want that one...what is it? Also video for second part?

I got him now after a few shots of alcohol lol

Sign of the cross does work. I can hit it almost 100% of the time it's just a timing thing. You've gotta practice it and get it down

So......it so isn't 100% for I. Should be a timing thing at the start at least (during battle I can see it).

I mean the weapons are sheathed (on back). R1 than O...character somehow draws instead of charges. I even have the quicker charge. If I press both, most of the time same results the character draws his weapons. So yeah..I dunno. I can't rely on it cause I press both same time or R1 than O and same results. Character draws.

Trying to do it during the battle is worse than trying it at the start of the fight for me.

xuchu

Anyone know what the patch is about? Wonder if it patched out revenant farming again...

Looks like it's addressing cheaters in PVP mostly. And shhhh about trading.... >.>

Who the hell is Skelezor xD

I'm lookin forward to dlc, but ive already done no damage with odachi on Blondie/DS and thats probably a harder challenge run ngl.

Ah sorry Skeletor,
Gasha dokuro the big skeleton
with the giant hitbox. Good luck with the rest the challenge run.

So......it so isn't 100% for I. Should be a timing thing at the start at least (during battle I can see it).

I mean the weapons are sheathed (on back). R1 than O...character somehow draws instead of charges. I even have the quicker charge. If I press both, most of the time same results the character draws his weapons. So yeah..I dunno. I can't rely on it cause I press both same time or R1 than O and same results. Character draws.

Trying to do it during the battle is worse than trying it at the start of the fight for me.

It is 100% the times I don't get it is because I mess up the timing. You need to stop moving and press no other buttons. Sometimes o hit it before I stop moving. That's user error not an issue with the skill.

Sarcasm

It is 100% the times I don't get it is because I mess up the timing. You need to stop moving and press no other buttons. Sometimes o hit it before I stop moving. That's user error not an issue with the skill.

I googled and got the same suggestions. I also tried every suggestion.

• Stopping/Making sure to not be touching the left stick (bad design lol)
  • Pressing O first than R1
  • Pressing R1 first than O
  • Pressing both

I get the same results majority of the time. Character draws and stands there..which means a free hit usually for the enemy as I am not moving >.<

Dunno maybe bad controller or wireless interference could be it. I just did a twilight mission and was only able to get it 3 out of the 10 times I tried it. Couldn't get more chances in as the mission finished in 7 minutes lol.

I can't remember name but will have a look in a bit. The video shows a deflection then a move to the back.

https://youtu.be/_QRnYeWb-Ko?t=50 (50 seconds if on mobile) that shows the double quick draw then ground stab, its the sword rather than the duel swords but it can be done with the duel, the timing of the second draw is a bit different though so you catch the ground stab window. Probably easier to draw, stab, draw, stab if you aren't comfortable with sign of the cross.

With sign of the cross press and hold R1 then press and hold O. The animation should start and once it has got past a certain point you can release O for a quicker but less powerful draw, or continue to hold for the full power version.

shmoglish

I am so good in this game when it comes to beiing bad in fights against "easy" bosses.

Think I am nearing the end. My 3 hours of fighting the 1 boss in the sixt/seventh area ruinned my plans of finishing the game today.

Raptor

18528074_432804960404702_4017802326771997969_n.jpg

My stats, killed NUE last night after realizing this boss is a ranged boss, he attacks with ranged attacks and when he attacks close you can easily dodge.

Still killed me like 30 times tho lol.

What do you think of my stats? Im maining double swords.

Man, I've been stuck at 99% wotd progress for some time now, not sure what I've missed. All the missions are done, all the dojo missions done, pretty sure all twilight missions as well as I've been doing them as they come. I think today starts a new twilight cycle, so I will check twilight missions one more time, maybe I did miss one.

@raptor, I wouldn't really worry about that at this point. First of all you are very early in the game, stats and gear won't really matter that much till you hit NG+ and when you do you can respec to any build you wish.

shmoglish

Made it. The game is great and I will sure come back for the last sidequests and the stuff from the season pass, but first I need a break. The last boss
orochi, not the epilogueboss
was shit, tbh. Did absolutely not enjoy it. At least the fight is easy.

Raptor

Man, I've been stuck at 99% wotd progress for some time now, not sure what I've missed. All the missions are done, all the dojo missions done, pretty sure all twilight missions as well as I've been doing them as they come. I think today starts a new twilight cycle, so I will check twilight missions one more time, maybe I did miss one.

@raptor, I wouldn't really worry about that at this point. First of all you are very early in the game, stats and gear won't really matter that much till you hit NG+ and when you do you can respec to any build you wish.

Alright lol, will come back in a month more or less, thats what will take me finish it.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
a7IKee0.jpg

So I'm playing ng+ and came across this grave and it was mark "Japan's Bravest Warrior" instead of "Bloody Grave", First time I see this.. beat the Revenant and he drops nothing...damn..

Hybris

Ah sorry Skeletor,
Gasha dokuro the big skeleton
with the giant hitbox. Good luck with the rest the challenge run.

That one was by far the most annoying of my run. Haven't touched dlc yet. Hardest overall for sure was
two nioh
. Those guys kicked my ass and it didn't really help that I didn't remember how to fight
spear guy

My stats, killed NUE last night after realizing this boss is a ranged boss, he attacks with ranged attacks and when he attacks close you can easily dodge.

Still killed me like 30 times tho lol.

What do you think of my stats? Im maining double swords.

Looks pretty much where I would put my stats up to where you are at the moment.

Deku Tree

Can you post your stats and gear? so I can know what is my end goal?

Like you know in Diablo 3 there is builds you farm for end game, I like to know what is my end goal to end up being super powerfull.

Yes I will do it later today, still doing some minor changes. I just wan it to be up to date.

Did you ever post your stats and gear? I am interested to see your setup that you used in that video.

xuchu

a7IKee0.jpg

So I'm playing ng+ and came across this grave and it was mark "Japan's Bravest Warrior" instead of "Bloody Grave", First time I see this.. beat the Revenant and he drops nothing...damn..

It's a PVP title that you can set after completing certain PVP challenges.

xuchu

That one was by far the most annoying of my run. Haven't touched dlc yet. Hardest overall for sure was
two nioh
. Those guys kicked my ass and it didn't really help that I didn't remember how to fight
spear guy

Congrats on the run. I know it must've felt rewarding. Yeah, I found both
Orochi
and
Skeletor
to be spectacle, gimmick fights that are fairly easy and even fun when you're properly levelled and geared but just annoying and frustrating when level 1. I actually enjoyed
two Nioh
on my run quite a bit though.
Honda
isn't too bad as you can parry his shining grab attack and as long as you keep the offence up he shouldn't go into heal mode. I can see him being a problem if you haven't fought him alone in a while though.

Started making my way through the dlc on the level 1 character and I'm really enjoying it.

Shuusui

Gaining levels became a nightmare on my dual swords build. Instead, I spent an hour making a living weapon build and now make 250-260 million amrita every 3 minutes -- it felt damn good to jump 50 levels in an afternoon.

Whatever is easier for you. Doesn't matter to me. Thanks again!

Here it is, first is the gameplay then all the gear and bonuses. if you have any questions feel free to ask. If you have room on your weapon you can also add fire damage 50% and if you have time you can boost familiarity on your cannon to get 30% fire damage. I didn't bother as it was going super quick anyway. + break and +% mid break are very crucial as it will take too long to break the guard otherwise.

https://youtu.be/QA2eEeRrBOE

Here it is, first is the gameplay then all the gear and bonuses. if you have any questions feel free to ask. If you have room on your weapon you can also add fire damage 50% and if you have time you can boost familiarity on your cannon to get 30% fire damage. I didn't bother as it was going super quick anyway. + break and +% mid break are very crucial as it will take too long to break the guard otherwise.

If it's not much of a bother, could you also post the build you used to one-shot the bosses in the gifs you posted some pages ago? (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=236548218&postcount=2793)

Or at the very least some pointers/guide on how to do that for noobs?

Jimrpg

I'm slowly making my way through this game. I just finished the
falling snow
level with the
ice maiden boss.
I kept getting one shotted at the start, but then I was able to dodge the first projectile, then use sloth and fire talisman, and living guardian to kill her pretty quick. I also somehow managed to dodge all her attacks long enough to not get one shotted. Probably the easiest level and boss so far if you've levelled up enough
(along with Umibozo)
. I'm guessing I have enough skills available to mix it up and try different things to see what worked.

This game is still taking a heck of a long time. Initially I was thinking the game shouldn't take any more than 50 hours, but I'm at 40 hours and only about half way. :( The game is certainly on the 'hard' side, but its not impossible. The fact that its hard makes me do things to try and make the game easier and that's probably why its taking so long.

Game combat controls and systems are incredibly well designed, though something should probably be done about enemy encounters and design, because its ripped straight from Dark Souls.

xuchu

The
Katakura Shigenaga
fight from the dlc is a lot more interesting if you don't kill the yokai at the top of those towers. Never knew this.

When he's below 66% health
they start bombarding you with cannons and arrows
. Makes it very hectic.

The
Katakura Shigenaga
fight from the dlc is a lot more interesting if you don't kill the yokai at the top of those towers. Never knew this.

When he's below 66% health
they start bombarding you with cannons and arrows
. Makes it very hectic.

Dam its like the posion windmill area in ds2, i didnt know on my first playthrough the rooms flooded by posion if you dont burn it.

These things are cool, but you need to make sure the player actually knows about it to appreciate it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I think I cleared all the DLC missions? Last one I did was the
double fight with hammer ninja guy and Date Masamune
, can't see anything else available. Is this it then?

Not complaining about length but the ending's a bit anti-climatic. Guess we'll see
Maria again in the next DLC?

Raptor

Yep, this is my end goal, almost limitless Spirit sword badassery.

I killed the boss after NUE, wasnt that bad, two tries and he was done, lady gave me raikiri but wasnt as good as a drop from said boss I think.

N° 2048

I think I cleared all the DLC missions? Last one I did was the
double fight with hammer ninja guy and Date Masamune
, can't see anything else available. Is this it then?

Not complaining about length but the ending's a bit anti-climatic. Guess we'll see
Maria again in the next DLC?

She better come back because
I was also like wtf that's it?

Raptor

Question, for sets, if I have warrior of west chesp pice but it says like "do" and another piece but it says "kabuto" or something different, do I need to have all "do" or all "kabuto" in order to work?

Question, for sets, if I have warrior of west chesp pice but it says like "do" and another piece but it says "kabuto" or something different, do I need to have all "do" or all "kabuto" in order to work?

Err... those indicate what part of the body the piece is for. Kabuto goes on the head, do is chest armor, hizayoroi is leg armor, etc...

Raptor

Err... those indicate what part of the body the piece is for. Kabuto goes on the head, do is chest armor, hizayoroi is leg armor, etc...

What the hell Im dumb as all hell, Ive been trying to find all pieces to say the same thing damn it all.

Also what does it means when some effects are greyed out?

Is like in diablo that when the whole set is on they will get highlighted and work?

What the hell Im dumb as all hell, Ive been trying to find all pieces to say the same thing damn it all.

Also what does it means when some effects are greyed out?

Is like in diablo that when the whole set is on they will get highlighted and work?

If effects are greyed out, you don't have the stats required to activate the bonus attributes. Look at the information at the bottom of the armor's stats. Should say something like "STAMINA REQUIRED", or "STRENGTH REQUIRED".

Raptor

If effects are greyed out, you don't have the stats required to activate the bonus attributes. Look at the information at the bottom of the armor's stats. Should say something like "STAMINA REQUIRED", or "STRENGTH REQUIRED".

Oh ok thanks.

Sorry for all this dumb questions lol, is overwhelming for me butu I will git gud someday.

Top Bottom