• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The values for the following Set Bonuses have been increased:

Saika's Yatagarasu / Warrior of the West's Honor / Warrior of the East's Honor / Daiichi Daiman Daikichi
Tranquil Foundations / Head of the Iga Ninja / Legendary Mikawa Warrior / The Red Oni of the Ii / National Unity
Japan's Bravest Warrior / Righteous Strategist / Tactician's Ingenuity / Yagyu's Shinkage Style
The Crossed Sickles / Genius Strategist / Kaidomaru / Samurai from Dark Lands / The Heroic Raging Bull
A Master Swordsman's Power / Nioh Incarnate / One-Eyed Dragon's Ambition / True Date Family Loyalist / Exemplary Eye for Elegance
lol so...all of them?

I'm gonna do all of the dlc missions but I'm probably not gonna bother doing the WHOLE game again on another difficulty, so I'll probably never see Ethereal gear.

Thankfully, there's no trophy tied to Way of the Wise this time, so there's no big incentive to redo the entire game.

Also, big reminder to everyone: Back up your save data before playing the DLC! There were issues with corruption last time around.

Starting Way of the Wise. Muneshige's attacks do roughly 6000-11000 damage now. Ninja kunais with debuffs only take off 1/20th of his health.

Edit: DLC enemies are integrated into the main campaign in Way of the Wise.

xuchu

Starting Way of the Wise. Muneshige's attacks do roughly 6000-11000 damage now. Ninja kunais with debuffs only take off 1/20th of his health.

Edit: DLC enemies are integrated into the main campaign in Way of the Wise.

Wow, that was quick. You already finished the dlc or did you go straight into WotW?

Just started up. Tonfa is cool. I like that it has a backwave parry skill but the follow up sucks. Low damage and ki damage. Demons dance combo is really cool. Cancelling out of tonfa combos is straight from NG2. Don't really know how to use the weapon just yet though but looks like a quick combo style weapon.

Baalzebup

Oh yeah, I can do WotW straight away

--

wait a fucking second, how are Toyotomi still a clan after this DLC? lol
I mean, their rebellion is rekindled for the summer Osaka Campaign which will be the setting for the last piece of DLC.

OT. There is now a Onmyo focused set, Grace of Tsukuyomi. I got an Ethereal helmet for it, Attendant's Helmet. 7 piece set bonus is 30% onmyo recovery upon ending Living Weapon, much like the early set bonus for the Iga set.

Funny though, the set item bonus text itself is the same color as the Ethereal item. Surely there are no "ethereal only" sets....

Izuna

Banned
^^^^

Oh is Siege of Osaka the next DLC? I had my timeline mixed up. I wanna see Hideyoshi commit sudoku :D

Turns out I already had the Season Pass

yaaaaaaas

atSlt6m.gif

Baalzebup

As far as I've read (very lightly) on the subject, both the winter and summer campaigns into Osaka are together referred to as the Siege of Osaka.

But either way, this is the 3rd DLC:

Bloodshed's End

"Bring the Siege of Osaka to an end during the Summer Campaign."

Straightforward enough, I'd say.

Baalzebup

Small strides into WotW and the smith and the teahouse, and there are all kinds of interesting things going on. A consumable that temporarily makes you immune to projectiles? Must test on cannon wielding enemies. A clear mention that Ethereal items cannot be forged. A hoonteeer must hooont for his maxed out loot, this time around. And there was also a mention of specials that only appear on Ethereal items.

Also, A One Eyed Oni displayed an attack I've never seen before, an ass-drop much akin to some of the fatty enemies in Souls like to do, or perhaps the Ogres in Dragons Dogma.

Tonfa are straight up garbarge.
Feel like they were designed before Players started playing nioh.
No knockdown punishment, useless mechanics where switching stances would do the same thing but better. Goddam awfull tracking and ki break options. Only redeeming factor is high stance - Heavy,Heavy.

Dont even get me started on the first "mission", which felt like someone went into map editor just sprinkled a few enemies all over the place, added the most hated concept/mechanic in souls and slapped it into nioh. 1 new enemy,1 boss.

Izuna

Banned
The problem with Odachi and Tonfa is that every DLC comes with a higher difficulty and I don't wanna learn a weapon when I have progress to make. But that's okay.

xuchu

The problem with Odachi and Tonfa is that every DLC comes with a higher difficulty and I don't wanna learn a weapon when I have progress to make. But that's okay.

Yeah, was using tonfa and finding it quite hard cos I didn't know how to use it properly. Switched to dual swords and single sword and just started wrecking everything,

Baalzebup

Wait a goddamn minute.. The Grace of Tsukuyomi "set" seems to basically be an ethereal armor only special. I just got another piece of it, an ethereal Pirate armor chest piece.

A Divine (chest) armor special Extended Evasion Invulnerability aka more I-frames... jesus, there are some snazzy things available on the ethereal stuff.

Another cool thing: They added new moves to the old enemies. The giant cyclops can sit on you if you attack him from behind, and the Giant skeletons have a spinning move now.

Izuna

Banned
g02DAEN.gif

4-5 hours to get to the new DLC in WotW maybe?

--

Gunna be streaming WotW session in its entirety (or until I sleep etc.)

www.twitch.tv/izuninja

edit: wait wtf, why can't I play WotW?

-- nvm I probs have to do Queen's Eyes on WotD first

Well, that was quite short. No new skins from from I have seen. Eager to start WotW.

8SHCRnp.jpg

Is red guy last boss?
I really need to make an actual build up now, this guy takes forever and 1shots me with most moves.
Putting 99 in X weapon best scaling, doesnt seem to cut it anymore.

xuchu

Is red guy last boss?
I really need to make an actual build up now, this guy takes forever and 1shots me with most moves.
Putting 99 in X weapon best scaling, doesnt seem to cut it anymore.

Yukimura? Yeah last boss for the only two main missions. There is a unique duel boss sub mission that opens up after you beat that one but yup that's it.

Izuna

Banned
I'm confused

I have Hi-nezumi has my primary but Suzaku as my Secondary. Surely this is a mistake, right? I can't remember what my build was when I stopped.

Is there some way I could have swapped my primary and secondary?

edit: THIS DIFFICULTY IS AMAZING

Baalzebup

DLC question.

If I just started the game and get the season pass. Can I get the new weapon now?
Yes, the weapon types tied to the DLC pieces are unlocked to the general loot pool upon the game recognizing that you have that particular piece of DLC.
I'm confused

I have Hi-nezumi has my primary but Suzaku as my Secondary. Surely this is a mistake, right? I can't remember what my build was when I stopped.

Is there some way I could have swapped my primary and secondary?

edit: THIS DIFFICULTY IS AMAZING
While playing, you can change then by pressing R1+L2. It should only switch the active spirit during the mission though, AFAIK.

xuchu

Just skins for Sasuke and Yukimura.

I'm thinking they will add her once all the DLC is done.

Edit: Oops double post.

Are you sure? I've completed all the missions on WotD and don't see them in hidden teahouse.

Edit: ah, you have to beat them on way of the samurai. That's a bit silly.

Top Bottom