• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS America confirms Hotaru no Nikki (htoL#NiQ) this fall, digital only

Cool! I imported the premium box of this game and I really enjoyed it. I imagine some of you guys are going to hate the controls though. The game is pretty challenging and will require patience and practice.

Also, there are two endings.

Dat true ending....

this is マゾゲー of the year right next to Natural Doctrine.

I blasted through this game in my second playthrough looking for those buds like nothing! Just gotta get a feel for those controls, and I had a lot of fun. I felt no pain, just the need to try again cause I knew I could totally do it. :p

PR confirms predictable "alterations to suit the game for the broader audience" for Criminal Girls. Both in US and EU.
I still can't believe they're releasing Criminal Girls in the west. I suppose the only thing they can do is yank out the punishment (sorry "Motivational") mini-games.

Back on topic Hotaru looks pretty cool.

Tsunamo

Happy to see it's coming over. I'm okay with digital only (though a limited retail release would have been nice) hopefully it's priced decently in Aus.

Love the art for this. I was in lectures earlier today and did this little doodle of the game ehe.
14386464027_34f3e8db90_z.jpg

Pricken

I was just looking into buying this game any day now so this was splendid news! Mion looks so damn cute and the story seems interesting at first glance. Can't wait for fall!

TnK

This game looks pretty nice. What I want to know is, what genre is this, and how does the game play exactly?

I'm in for a copy! Maybe NISA should open a presale site or something to gauge interest. Although I suppose the launch date might be a little close for all that, they probably have to decide whether they'll do it or not soon.

Tohsaka

Limited physical release would be cool, I'll still buy it anyway though assuming the analog control patch is present when it's localized. I didn't know the game could only be controlled via the touch screen until the other day.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
also, how much would people even pay for this thing? $30? $40?
For the game itself or the LE? The game is 3,000 yen on JP PSN, so hopefully it's be $20 to $30 in the US (personally hoping for the lower amount), then $40-ish for the LE if it happens.

also, how much would people even pay for this thing? $30? $40?

I would pay that for a physical LE. I was prepared to pay 60-ish USD for the physical copy of Child of Light on Vita til it dropped from 39 GBP to 14 on amazon uk.

People who don't want physical can always just buy digital for $10-15 or whatever. Collecting and LE's aren't for everyone.

Shizuka

I'm hoping the digital price is $30 and retail price is $40. Maybe NISA could do a limited edition for $50 with a soundtrack and artbook.

Probably just going to import a physical copy if I can get it at a reasonable price used. Don't really want to support NISA after the Criminal Girls thing.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Hope they do go with that physical edition.
The import physical release was so limited and is very pricey now.

Garraboa

They need to promote this and Danganronpa more. July hasn't been kind to NISA at all, they need more fan goodwill back (and lower those ridiculous EU prices)

Top Bottom