• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS America Finally Opens NIS Europe Store: It's not all rosy dood.

Stider

Just spoke to them using the live chat and they are going to look at cheaper freight options for some countries but have no plans to change pricing. If I had known what the pricing was going to be like, I would have ordered off the US store. As it is, the cost to purchase all four LE's of the EU store would be over AUD $600. A damn shame about the pricing as now the only one I will possibly get is for Persona Q rather than D4 and Danganronpa 2 as well.

For what it's worth I sent them a tweet and a Facebook comment about these atrocious prices. I seriously can't believe they'd try to screw over such a dedicated fanbase with a ridiculous $1 = £1 conversion like that :(

They don't do it with standard editions, which come out at £29.99 generally, so why do it with the LEs except to fleece us? Combined with the subsequent ban on buying from the US store this is just fucking unacceptable. They've lost me as a customer for sure.

Zareka

If you already have a NTSC 3ds then i dont see why you would not import it from VGP. Shipping will probably be between 7,50 and 15,00 but the CAD is pretty damn weak. I believe the ce is like 80CAD + 15 CAD shipping which is is like 65 euro. I believe the NISAE version will be 70 GBP(somebody posted a screenshot), that is already 88 euro without shipping.

Its up to you, but i would pick VGP since they are one of Atlus' preferred retail partners in American regions anyway and they serve a big EU market.

All right, so I just ran a PQ LE order through VG+...and it would only be £5 more expensive to order the US LE, order the PAL game and toss the US copy of the game. (Hell, if I could sell of the US copy it'd be cheaper) That's hilarious.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll probably order the LE from VG+ and get the regular PAL copy since there's not much difference in price and I get the best of both worlds! :)

Edit: This is all assuming the regular PAL release is around £30.

mclem

On/offtopic: Didn't Uk get a tax break on videogames as well? Like it's nearly non-existent these days or like 25% of the usual tax? Or was that ridiculous clause about being "BRITTISH" true?

Uh. There was a tax break on game developers to try to stimulate growth in the industry and keep it competitive on a worldwide scale.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Here's a press release from them:
http://www.nisamerica.com/pressreleases/EU_Online_Store_PressRelease_20140703.pdf

More or less a page of BS. The goal of the EU shop is apparently “Better service, quicker, more efficient shipping and better support”.
The NISA store already gave me great service/support and the shipping won't be changed so much. At least not for me living in Sweden.

Fuck that noise. I bought nearly every PS3 LE they released, but i'll stick to standard editions from now on.

Cheeky

http://www.nisamerica.com/pressreleases/EU_Online_Store_PressRelease_20140703.pdf

More or less a page of BS. The goal of the EU shop is apparently “Better service, quicker, more efficient shipping and better support”.
The NISA store already gave me great service/support and the shipping won't be changed so much. At least not for me living in Sweden.

This whole thing reads like "Because fuck you, give us money"

In fact, i wish the entire statement would be just that. At least be somewhat amusing.

Itsuki

Now NISA Europe store is dead for me. If they don't change the pounds to euros and make the shipping less expensive, they will have to close down the store soon.

OMG, do they really think they can get away with this press release that is even more insulting than don't say anything?
The point system is the icing on the cake.

And they wonder why europeans hate them.

Ah, the aul not talk about the actual complaints and instead pick the easy questions to address routine.
Charming.

Andrefpvs

They didn't address any of the major issues people are having with the new store.

They're basically trying to get away with price gouging because they can eliminate any other option for costumers to get the products they're offering.

WolfStark

The whole pdf sounds like:
"Hey Matt, the boss said that some guy on the internet are mad about the new store. Don't know why but you have to write a press release, telling the people everything is alright and stuff. You know, a whole page of crap like "better serivce, faster delivery, we take your concerns seriously, we love our fans"."

It's really like they didn't even read a single comment. That's suicide, this shop isn't meant to survive.

LiK

Just don't buy it. The prices will drop if they have too much stock left like with the US store. Pretty ridiculous.

fates

Just don't buy it. The prices will drop if they have too much stock left like with the US store. Pretty ridiculous.

Yeah, this will pretty much be the only way to really get them to change. Their .pdf response shows that emails, tweets, and angry posts will do nothing. Money, and lack thereof, talks.

Zareka

Yup. I'm going out my way to get the limited edition of Persona Q while not giving NISA a single penny at the same time. I will not support this.

Stider

Yup. I'm going out my way to get the limited edition of Persona Q while not giving NISA a single penny at the same time. I will not support this.

I want the Persona Q LE but we are dealing with a devil either way. Atlus who pretty much ignore the PAL region exists, or NISA who have taking prinnies a bit to far and are slapping PAL regions in the face with a fish.

Zareka

I want the Persona Q LE but we are dealing with a devil either way. Atlus who pretty much ignore the PAL region exists, or NISA who have taking prinnies a bit to far and are slapping PAL regions in the face with a fish.

Hmm, you have a point. Atlus have at least been trying recently with the likes of Conception II etc, so when it comes down to it I'd rather they get my money than NISA, especially after this European store business.

I still don't see why Atlus don't just use Sega Europe to distribute their games here (ATLUSPRIME IF YOU SEE THIS MAKE IT HAPPEN) but I guess they'll have their reasons.

At least they're using the same currency conversion on the points.

Can't wait for a US fan to complain that 500 points is worth 70% more in Europe...

Cheeky

It's really like they didn't even read a single comment. That's suicide, this shop isn't meant to survive.

I feel kind of bad since i sent a single mail which besides complaining about the prices had a paragraph about the bonus point.

I feel like they might have taken my mail to be like "It's not all negative news!"

Lain

On one hand, that PR is utterly disappointing. On the other hand, this thread is just 3 pages long (2 for you 100ppp) which gives us an idea about how much people give a fuck about this. In other words, nothing will change at all, au contraire, I bet the store will end up being a success.

Zafir

On one hand, that PR is utterly disappointing. On the other hand, this thread is just 3 pages long (2 for you 100ppp) which gives us an idea about how much people give a fuck about this. In other words, nothing will change at all, au contraire, I bet the store will end up being a success.
Well to be fair the European market for NIS games isn't that massive on neogaf.

Their Facebook page is a total shitstorm, though. Basically every comment is raging about the store prices and they're ignoring literally everyone. People have started posting links to the same LEs on Play-Asia, Ebay, etc. as well and urging everyone else to boycott the store.

This whole attempt to screw their European customers completely is really disgusting, and they're being utterly shameless about it.

WolfStark

Just look at eurogamer or facebook, the reactions here may be small but they are much bigger in the whole internet and I am not able to findeven 10% or 5% saying "well, it's unfair but I buy from them anyway". Honestly, I am pretty sure there is nothing as success here, they will fail and they will fail hard. You can sell figures at such prices but games? Only under good circumstances, like "Call of Duty".

@Cheeky
I asked myself the same question about the points but I saw no one asking for it.. but you. It's like you're really the only one they heard.^^

Zareka

Their Facebook and Twitter pages are being hammered, so there are more than those on GAF. It's still not very much, but then again how many people in Europe are hunting down LE copies of niche Japanese games?

artsi

This is just ridiculous, I was interested in Persona Q LE but not anymore. I hope NIS is listening, not going to buy anything before they fix the prices to where they should be.

Dunkley

I can't really get behind NISA thinking this would actually fly with the European fans. Those are some really optimistic prices.

Out of curiousity, have there been other companies who did similar stuff to this?

Arthea

I can't really get behind NISA thinking this would actually fly with the European fans. Those are some really optimistic prices.

Out of curiousity, have there been other companies who did similar stuff to this?

lately, a lot of them, almost all.
PSN UK and EU prices are pretty bad, not on the level of NISA store, though.

Zafir

They probably think the audience would pay it because they're desperate. Unfortunately this is the same market who has been importing for however many years and will most likely just go back to doing that using a middle man.

but we sincerely believe that if you stick with us, the European Online Store will provide an overall better experience and better access to our products for our loyal customers in the European region.

WHAT ?

Are they messing with me ?

Just spoke to them using the live chat and they are going to look at cheaper freight options for some countries but have no plans to change pricing.
They really don't care about ripping off their European clients?...
Man, even if there's a way to import collector games from the US through a middle man, I'm not sure I'd bother with this. The main reason I bought these editions was to support a publisher I liked.
But now, it's over. I'll just buy the standard edition of some of their games from a regular shop and that's it.

That press release is pure BS.

Checking again the store, I see there is no price set for the Persona Q LE, I hope they come to their senses and the price is not higher than £50, anything above that is an insult.

Saiyan-Rox

Those extras in the disgaea special edition made me laugh lol not surprising all this through everyone else takes the piss when it comes to pricing here

Zareka

Checking again the store, I see there is no price set for the Persona Q LE, I hope they come to their senses and the price is not higher than £50, anything above that is an insult.

Someone got a screenshot of the mobile version of their store and it showed PQ for £69.99. I would say that the actual price might be different but...it seems in line with the rest of the store.

Cheeky

From the other thread. The pricing was on mobile for a bit, dont know if its still there.
OIwU2gx.png

WHAT ?

Are they messing with me ?
I really cant grasp what service they can offer that is worth a 70% markup. I already got all the services i needed from the US store. In fact they are taking away services now.

Maybe we will get a free catgirl with every order...

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It's almost as if we're slowly sliding back to SNES-era Europe. Slowly, but surely. Soon we won't get niche titles at all :'(

Dead Man

If they can hold on until ebay prices rise to meet theirs they will probably be just fine. People will forget the reason for the price rise and just see it is the same price everywhere and buy. :/

I have no interest in these games but it just goes to show much Europe continually gets screwed for game prices etc.

Watchdogs is good example which cost $60 digitally in USA and £60 digitally UK (Xbox One). How is that fair. not relevant I know but damn.

I have no interest in these games but it just goes to show much Europe continually gets screwed for game prices etc.

Watchdogs is good example which cost $60 digitally in USA and £60 digitally UK (Xbox One). How is that fair. not relevant I know but damn.

actually it is .

60$ doesnot equal £60

Top Bottom