• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS America Finally Opens NIS Europe Store: It's not all rosy dood.

Cheeky

And now the Ar noSurge LE is only available for the NA store and there will probably not be a European LE(Or another 1:1 conversion to GBP).

Great job.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth: The Wild Cards Premium Edition is now up for preorder. Seventy squids.

Well, at least it's not 1:1. But Persona Q seems pretty overpriced in the US already. I didn't know this was another $50 game (standard edition), is this now a common strategy by Atlus?

Shiina

Well, at least it's not 1:1. But Persona Q seems pretty overpriced in the US already. I didn't know this was another $50 game (standard edition), is this now a common strategy by Atlus?

They'll keep doing it as long as people buy them. They're milking their core fans now because I can imagine people who don't regularly buy their games to be put off by this random game that for no reason at all costs $10 more. This is the Japanese approach to selling anime DVDs/BDs.

Faustek

The Atlus Tax is real.
To be honest these prices are all ok. They aren't really that much more than I usually pay here in Sweden. When this much "loot" is involved.(not sure what to use here...and I refuse to use the word s
wag

But they are a fuck ton higher than I usually pay when buying from the UK -.-
But lets see what Fairy Fencer costs me on the US store.
75$ + 38(shipping)$ = 114$
The cost on the EU store
£70+£14(shipping)=£84

Now I don't know which courier they are using now that they are "based" here but the usual one had prima service. Always calling me the day before and scheduling a time to drop of the parcel. Heck it even went so far that I became first name basis with the dudes that delivered, even gave them the code to enter my place and offered them coffee and snacks because they where fucking awesome.

Anyway.

Do a little conversion(todays $ value) and it becomes 143$.. around 30$ more than what I paid before.
Now considering the VAT which is 25% of total cost here in Sweden which would amount to 114$x1.25=142,5$ now that isn't bad but then again we always pay more from what I gather. This is just me but I bet my ruddy ass NISA is actually making the LEs in the states(or outside of EU somewhere) and "importing" it themselves to sell and thus getting boned in some way....I hope else the silly increase just feels wrong....But for me it's a...well not a win but not a loss. FOR ME, I can't stress this enough but I reckon not every country in EU have such a high mark up on video games as we do. Well not on everything but on LEs and those fuckers are rare when they show up -.-

Yepp, lowering that shipping helped a little but its still silly that without import fees,
And bloody hell at the shipping prices to Israel and Iran...shit, £45.

PS. I think I did it wrong...the $ is perhaps always in front of the price and the £ is after? Not sure if I mixed them up.

is this new?

If your billing address is outside of the EU you will qualify for a VAT-free purchase price. Please select ‘AUS/NZ – Export’ or ‘Outside of the EU – Export’ on the selector above to order VAT-free. If you wish to see a list of qualifying regions and more information please check our FAQ section. Please note VAT-free orders are checked weekly and orders that do not qualify will be cancelled and you will be contacted and asked to place a new order at the correct rate for your country.

robotnik

is this new?
And from FAQ:
Q. Which countries qualify for a VAT purchase price?
A.
The following countries qualify: Australia, New Zealand, Iran, Israel, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Russia. Please select either ‘Australia & New Zealand – Export’ or ‘Outside of EU – Export’ on the ‘Game Pack Language / Region’ selector before pre-ordering or ordering to enable a VAT free price.

VAT free covers only the price of your product not your shipping rate.

Please note that we are not able to sell VAT free within the EU. Any orders received with VAT free pricing selected, with a shipping or billing address within the EU, will be cancelled within 7-days of placing the order.

Cheeky

That VAT thing doesnt really make much sense. It isnt like America, were it depends on where the buyer is (I think). It depends on where the seller is, which is in UK

wrowa

have they taken down the sales counters so we cant see what the stock levels are anymore?

Apparently :lol It's quite telling that Persona Q is still available despite them announcing that it'd probably sell out very, very quickly. It's proof enough for me that the sales numbers definitely don't live up to their expectations.

This exclusive Premium Edition will be produced in very limited numbers for Europe and we expect it shall sell-out very quickly once Pre-Orders are opened.

Apparently :lol It's quite telling that Persona Q is still available despite them announcing that it'd probably sell out very, very quickly. It's proof enough for me that the sales numbers definitely don't live up to their expectations.

This exclusive Premium Edition will be produced in very limited numbers for Europe and we expect it shall sell-out very quickly once Pre-Orders are opened.

Yeah the only thing that had sold well was Danganronpa and I remember that saying it had just reached under 50% stock

Andrefpvs

have they taken down the sales counters so we cant see what the stock levels are anymore?

So instead of addressing consumer complaints, they took another step in further keeping us in the dark? They're actually resorting to techniques such as hiding stock levels in the hope that people will rush their purchases out of (the possibly unfounded) fear of missing out.

What a bunch of shits.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Uh... what's up with the prices on the bottom of the page when you're checking out a game?
Fairy Fencer F and Persona Q says £58.33, Disgaea 4 says £41.66 and Danganronpa 2 says £49.99. But when you click on them they're at their regular price. Is it a tax thing?

Uh... what's up with the prices on the bottom of the page when you're checking out a game?
Fairy Fencer F and Persona Q says £58.33, Disgaea 4 says £41.66 and Danganronpa 2 says £49.99. But when you click on them they're at their regular price. Is it a tax thing?
It's a tax thing.

arhra

It's a tax thing.

It's also, I'm pretty sure, illegal:

Prices advertised to the public in ordinary retail shops include VAT. No tax will be added to the price when you pay. This is a legal requirement.

[...]

Products advertised in outlets, magazines, on the internet, or shown in catalogues, price lists and other literature may be aimed at the consumer, businesses, or both. If they're only meant for the general public, they'll show you a price including VAT. This is a legal requirement.

Zareka

Not sure if it's just me, but they seem to have removed the stock bars on the item pages...this anything significant?

Not sure if it's just me, but they seem to have removed the stock bars on the item pages...this anything significant?
Probably so it's not so apparent how slowly most things are selling. DanganRonpa was the only thing people were buying up.

I really hope they remedy this situation in further releases, because this is really a cruddy situation to put European fans in. I feel bad for you guys & girls.

Pretty obvious they got rid of it so they can go and bullshit stuff, when it's clearly obvious their stuff aren't selling. Something like:
"Our stock on the _________'s edition has almost run out get your order before it's too late, dood"

In all honesty if they were more honest on why the prices are more expensive I may be sympathetic to the higher prices but that press release that basically ignored all criticisms to their pricing irked me =/

Zareka

Yeah, I was thinking that might have been the reason. They seemed like they were moving pretty fast actually, but I guess after an initial burst they could have just stopped.
They are still taking pre-orders for it aren't they? I want to preorder it next week.
Which game are you talking about? Depending on which, I would pleeease urge you to try and import from a US site, if at all possible. It would be very helpful if we could avoid giving NISA Europe any money for these LE's as much as possible

Top Bottom