• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

MaKTaiL

I am confused by this base building mission

- it tells me i need voltaic cells and i can use cave marrow to craft them (which i have been harvesting)
- when i look at my crafting inventory i see no voltaic cell recipe

is that a bug ?

The overseer tells you that the scientist might be able to help you out on this one.

Hmm game instantly crashing on Hello Games load screen now. Anything to do with new patch?

Edit: Blah nvm found it. ForScience mod was making it crash instantly weird. They must of moved some files around. Some pics of the travels so far

9cXVskv.jpg
Home Planet
Weird Red Star Planet I found. Had a shit ton on sentinels and gravatino balls on it. with nothing else.

Does anyone find the uploading discoveries screen to be a stuttery mess now? I'm playing on PS4 Pro and it's painful trying to upload anything. The cursor skips around as you move it.

E92 M3

OMG I hate the new flight feel when boosting. Why in the world did HG make it so bad now?

Also, they fixed the terminal glitch for the technician :(

Are class S weapons new to the game? Just found a Class S riffle as a reward from a Monolith.
Never seen one before either :O Been using an A all summer ever since 1.2 patch.

I saw before on a Youtube vid the best way to farm one is to find a space station where one of the NPCs gives you a multitool as a reward, and just keep reloading your autosave (when you landed your ship inside) until you get an S class (doesn't work with the Polo weapon terminal apparently).

Never tried it cuz I felt a bit cheesy hehehe and I figure I already have a 23 slot A class so I'd rather just find a S class naturally.... That was two months ago =p Recently been kinda itching to force my hand and finally get an upgrade lol.

mokeyjoe

Just booted up my Normal save for the first time since March. Seems I have the opposite experience to some on here - my home planet is now a crazy paradise wonderland. Honestly, I've never seen anything quite like it in 150hrs of playing. I went for a drive and it felt like I was driving over about three different planets, and it was all surreal and alien. It's not even one of those new biomes - it's just the terrain generator gone nuts.

Hmm game instantly crashing on Hello Games load screen now. Anything to do with new patch?

Edit: Blah nvm found it. ForScience mod was making it crash instantly weird. They must of moved some files around. Some pics of the travels so far

Home Planet

Weird Red Star Planet I found. Had a shit ton on sentinels and gravatino balls on it. with nothing else.

God dang that second planet is lookin FIRE on my phone screen. I'm gonna be sitting down for an hour catching up on all the reddit shots when I get back from my trip.

What does the mod you're using do?

God dang that second planet is lookin FIRE on my phone screen. I'm gonna be sitting down for an hour catching up on all the reddit shots when I get back from my trip.

What does the mod you're using do?

It gives more credits for scanning fauna, flora and waypoints. Its meant to try to even up exploration credits so its a more viable credit path to go with farming and trading.

It gives more credits for scanning fauna, flora and waypoints. Its meant to try to even up exploration credits so its a more viable credit path to go with farming and trading.

That's cool. I thought the game was supposed to make those aspects a viable way to progress in the first place.

Unicorn

Home.

Enough to have 12 liquid explosive units per yield. Bonkers. I actually bought out the whole system's supply of thamium9 and carbon. It replenishes after about 30 minutes slightly, but quickly I see ships crop up with negative inventory. It's probably good that my monopoly doesn't also drive up value as that could be an easy exploit to print money... not like farming isn't just printing money already...

Sarcasm

Home.

Enough to have 12 liquid explosive units per yield. Bonkers. I actually bought out the whole system's supply of thamium9 and carbon. It replenishes after about 30 minutes slightly, but quickly I see ships crop up with negative inventory. It's probably good that my monopoly doesn't also drive up value as that could be an easy exploit to print money... not like farming isn't just printing money already...

So you're on a toxic planet?

Is there a desert planet in your home? Or did you just grab as much cacti as you could?

Just booted up my Normal save for the first time since March. Seems I have the opposite experience to some on here - my home planet is now a crazy paradise wonderland. Honestly, I've never seen anything quite like it in 150hrs of playing. I went for a drive and it felt like I was driving over about three different planets, and it was all surreal and alien. It's not even one of those new biomes - it's just the terrain generator gone nuts.

Wow, yeah that's definitely the terrain gen on a bender. I like that first shot, looks like the ground is in some state in-between solid and liquid.

Unicorn

Yeah I am talking about setup/early on..not when you're all waiting and ready to go? XD

Most of it was raised from foundation and pathfinder updates. The grow at a snail's pace now, but just focus all spawn to propagation. Each yields 100 flesh which equals one plant. Slow start for sure.

Sarcasm

Most of it was raised from foundation and pathfinder updates. The grow at a snail's pace now, but just focus all spawn to propagation. Each yields 100 flesh which equals one plant. Slow start for sure.

So you just collected the cacti and found a toxic planet in a diff system?

mokeyjoe

Wow, yeah that's definitely the terrain gen on a bender. I like that first shot, looks like the ground is in some state in-between solid and liquid.

The first 3 shots are all about a minute's drive from each other. It's the variety I like, there are also big, flat deserts and stuff too, as well as terrain features I've not seen before. There's definitely been some.sort of shake-up of the terrain generation. It feels like a multiple biome planet now.

How many Gravitino Host plants does the farmer require? I've already harvested one gravitino ball but he seems unimpressed.

The first 3 shots are all about a minute's drive from each other. It's the variety I like, there are also big, flat deserts and stuff too, as well as terrain features I've not seen before. There's definitely been some.sort of shake-up of the terrain generation. It feels like a multiple biome planet now.

Yeah I can't say I've seen terrain that different from each other on the same planet before. I'm not sure I'd say they're different biomes, but it's pretty cool variety.

mokeyjoe

Yeah, quite a few people have experienced that issue (including me). Make sure you report it to the devs here.
Some people found slowly down their ship prior to landing helps and not being to close to the base when they land.

There's a space station I can teleport to that drops me off outside it, floating in space. Not as fun as it sounds.

Nice view though.

Yeah I can't say I've seen terrain that different from each other on the same planet before. I'm not sure I'd say they're different biomes, but it's pretty cool variety.

Lol, well I know they're not different biomes, but it gives off that impression. Huge mountains too.

I'm pretty sure you only had to give him one...

hah great, well I guess that questline is broken. In 1.2 my farmer quest broke on the albumen pearls, so at least it's different. Funny thing is the last time I talked to him he said "I've got nothing more for you" but the quest is still up. Is that the last of the farmer quests? And is there any reward?

Unicorn

Not liking the new flight model at all. Feels like flying underwater again, very delayed response to movement.

Bless PC for mods. Couple decent flight mods to make it a bit more momentum-based.

I should probably look into exocraft mods as the buggy and colossus handle like ass. The hovercraft is janky too, but is so close to what I've wanted since launch I find it hard to complain.

Tankshell

Where do you go change this? I also have the same issue

Bring up a menu/inventory screen in game, then hit the Steam button (center button) to open Steam guide, then go to controller configuration. Choose the left analogue stick, advanced, then set deadzone by expanding the circle radius. Repeat as required for other control sets using tabs at the top of the screen (the game has a bunch configured for various screens in the game).

I grinded out all my cargo slots, and while the extra space is great, it makes the horrible inventory UI even more noticeable. Hopefully they fix this in the next patch, moving stuff around is really a nightmare.

hah great, well I guess that questline is broken. In 1.2 my farmer quest broke on the albumen pearls, so at least it's different. Funny thing is the last time I talked to him he said "I've got nothing more for you" but the quest is still up. Is that the last of the farmer quests? And is there any reward?

My quest was broken at the gravitino balls. After the patch, I had to delete my farmer, the gravitino host and the hydroponics tray, then rebuild everything for the farmer quest to work. I had the ball sitting in my inventory so didn't have to wait for it to regrow at least.

Also my armorer quest was broken but talking to him like 3 times got him to recognize quest completion.

^It'd be cool if we get a 'captains of industry' sort of patch focused on inventory management, QAL supply chain interfaces, etc.

I'm sort of OK with the new re-fueling because it's nice that it's involved at least. E.g. I manage a weed farm in GTAO and a gamma weed farm in NMS hehehe the latter is more monotonous but at least I feel like I'm doing shit :p

But in general, the inventory management and general annoyance of how you manage things in your inventory, the impractical design of multiple vaults, the fact we can't send stuff to our freighter or we have to walk all the way to the captain, etc. Gotta be a more fun way for us to manage storage and selling.

It's not about being easier or less time consuming per se... e.g. refueling is OK. but re-fueling feels like a genuine 'crafting' time sink. inventory manage just feels like annoying poor design :p re-fueling at least kinda 'improves' the feeling about being a crafter/trader while the inventory management hurts it. so would be cool to see more stuff done with mining, farms, industrial or trade freighters, etc in a sort of 1.4 or 1.5 patch down the line.

Bring up a menu/inventory screen in game, then hit the Steam button (center button) to open Steam guide, then go to controller configuration. Choose the left analogue stick, advanced, then set deadzone by expanding the circle radius. Repeat as required for other control sets using tabs at the top of the screen (the game has a bunch configured for various screens in the game).

I'll try and see if I can do that with my 360 controller, thanks.

Well that interesting, I just talked to a Korvax at an observatory and he spoke binary to me. I looked up the binary and it actually translated to something:
ATLAS
. The response back to it was also binary, which
translated to 16

edit: then I walked into the Atlas door in the observatory, opened a Cargo Drop and got Iridesite. I've never even heard of that element, but apparently it sells for 150k. Glad I popped into this building.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Are lush and luxurous planets ALWAYS ridden with lots of agressive sentinels ? That's annoying as fuck.

MrCow

I need a better home planet.. mine has shitty weather and too much water and rocks, it's just not fun to drive around.

so I have to redo everything when I start a new base or can I migrate somehow? what about open quests from my base staff?

magawolaz

(story spoiler) Maybe it's been already discussed, but do you think 16
minutes is the time it takes the computer at Hello Games to generate all the planets and galaxies?
Is this a meta thing?

OuterLimits

Honestly, I feel like flying has gotten worse. Low flight especially. I'm sometimes struggling to control the ship.

Also, has anyone found a "paradise" planet with tons of trees? They were common before 1.3. Now it seems they are largely just grass with a few lonely trees every so often .

Top Bottom