• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

qcf x2

Managed to find out a way to find Class S ships much more faster.

So i found a Class S some days ago but only had 13 slots, and in the latest patch they said exotic ships was displaying the wrong amount of slots so i decided to hunt the same exotic to see if had more slots, and managed to grab the same exotic 3 times, 15 slots, then 19 slots then 20 slots in about 1 hour.

So here's what i did:

1st i whent back to the solar system i knew where i got it the 1st time. Only 1 exotic ship model spawn in a certain solar system so i knew that solar system had the model i wanted.

Then i grabed a quest to deliver a package, to point me the location of a Trading Station, once there i placed a beacon on the trade station.

Now the way the game works is when u reach the Tradeing Station 6 to 8 random ships spanw near it and try to land on it. Going up to space and coming back respawn more 6-8 random ships, and can always be an exotic.

There was no need to land on the station just get close enough, press right to circle the targets to see if the exotic ship appear on ur radar, if not, just go up in space and go back again, repeat untill he finally spawns.

So you have to buy them, right?

I'm stuck on a planet with a new save but the radiation is so strong that I can't make it to the deposit that I need to fix the ship without dying.

I'm not sure if you're shitposting, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and answer your question. First, did you actually look at the update page for Atlas Rises and watch its trailer? Just looking at that, you should be able to see that the game isn't just about moving from system to system.

There were always four tentpoles to the game: exploration, survival, trading, and fighting. But at launch they were a pencil sketch on a napkin. With 1.3, all four of these tentpoles are now viable gameplay loops and ways of making money. They all still need work, but they're in a decent place now. Dynamic missions, along with the 30-hour, well-written story and base building, provide more short-term directed goals for the player that involve more than roaming around planets shooting rocks. A revised, dynamic trade economy means being a space hauler is more of an actual activity you can focus on.

If none of that content sounds interesting, then yeah, this isn't the game for you.

p.s. Hawkian was being sarcastic in your quote.

Or just let your exocrafts go for a dip.

I tried out NMS near launch. Played for a few hours before discarding it. I'll check it out again after 2.0, maybe. Thanks for the response.

Also, that dude's sarcasm is part of why I generally hate the internet. Fuck

ParityBit

I tried out NMS near launch. Played for a few hours before discarding it. I'll check it out again after 2.0, maybe. Thanks for the response.

Also, that dude's sarcasm is part of why I generally hate the internet. Fuck

Actually, it was your attitude that brought it down on yourself. In none of your posts did I sense a serious question about the game or open attitude. It was purly shit posting. You should wait for 4.0 or so to play I think.

Back on the real topic:. This thr af moves too fast that I can't keep up. I keep checking while I get free time walking around and taking breaks while on vacation. It's been a long week! I should have brought my PS4...I think the wife would have an issue with that though. Haha.

Alastor3

Do you guys think the next 1.4 update will crash the game saves files like the version 1.0 is buggy as hell with the 1.3 or will our current save might be okay in the next update?

Trying to decide if I put a good amount of time in this run if I had to restart my progress in the next update...

Aenima

So you have to buy them, right?

You can find them crashed too, but the ones i got i bought them all. I usually buy a cheap ass ship 1st, then go search for a crashed hauler with alot slots (to have good trade value) then use the hauler as a trade and sometimes the exotic comes for free or not much more money. They dont have many slots but have great stats bonus and i love the ships designs.

Do you guys think the next 1.4 update will crash the game saves files like the version 1.0 is buggy as hell with the 1.3 or will our current save might be okay in the next update?

Trying to decide if I put a good amount of time in this run if I had to restart my progress in the next update...
Dunno, all i can say is my save has 1 year old, my save was from the day the game launched and i never had to restart the game. Most of the bugs i had they just ended up being fixed with time. Some fixed by themselves, others fixed by changing galaxy, other fixed by patches.

Game still have alot of small bugs, mostly because the new things they added also added some extra bugs too. Right now only thing buged on my game is the glyph #16 that dont register as found. Some side quests also get bugged some times, but with the option to cancel the quests is a non issue now.

Mindlog

Not knowing the full details of the economy system is really impeding my progress right now. I'm sitting on a massive stockpile of Albumen Pearls that I can't sell for a decent price anywhere. I can't really bring my explosives factory online because I need the inventory space.

I'm going to end up trying every combination from poor to wealthy of every economy type. I was certain wealthy green economies would be the place to go, but not so. There just seems to be no correlation so far. Happy to read that tip for Thamium purchasing so I can just mass produce warp cells.
How easy is it to uproot your base and move it to a different planet? I was going to wait until I found a really cool planet to call home but 7 jumps so far and nothing has caught my eye. I want to start getting involved in farming and base quests and all that stuff, so I was thinking of just starting on the next half decent planet I find.
Depends on how much open inventory space you have. You'll also lose some resources in the move (much less if you dismantle manually.) However, the credits you earn from a farm along with the resources you'll have to gather anyway can drastically reduce the time it takes to start up your next base. Finally, it actually helps to have your first base in a system with a bunch of crappy planets (Toxic, Inferno, Barren, Radiated) that way you can gather everything you need to complete the quests without a lot of warping.
Then i grabed a quest to deliver a package, to point me the location of a Trading Station, once there i placed a beacon on the trade station.
You're right there already so this is an irrelevant, but not widely known fact...

If you see lines in a system those are trade routes. They always end on a trading post.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
This planet was super neat in person but in the screenshots the ground textures always look like something out of an N64 game.

fdEs3iW.jpg

mokeyjoe

My Normal save is a Day 1 game started a year ago. Working fine. 99% of people dont have a problem that serious. It's usually progression bugs that get patched out. Corrupted saves are rare.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Not long into my game, just visited my first atlas station, pop down to the nearest planet for a scout around and figure I'll just grab a bit of fuel etc.

Found my first crashed ship, an S class fighter, 29 slot, seems like a nice, cheap upgrade for the sake of a bit of repair compared to the starter ship :D

Is that my good luck for the week done?

so... uh I just finished testing the new trade method of intentionally crashing an item's price and then buying/selling it...

and I made about 15,000,000 in 30 minutes o.0

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em3eC-nIxY0

tried to explain it best i could (sorry for the headset mic audio I literally just finished up my test/vid a few moments ago) and show some some buy/sell video clips, but I also included the full 30 minute gameplay loop too.

i was at 7 million when I started testing, 5 million after 'crashing' Dynamic Resonators, and then making about 2.25 million every single buy/sell run from my source space station to a new random space station a few times up to 12 million before i started the full loop.

took about 30m to go to 27,000,000 :D

cool thing is it's pretty easily scaleable. if you can't afford to full spend 2 million crashing Dynamic Resonators, the top Trade Items (the ones that cost about 9600 units) only cost me 500,000 to fully crash in an earlier test. Or, you could just crash Dynamic Resonators to 1/4th of the way, or 10 at a time -- it's pretty easy to scale to smaller star ships (I only used 21 slots so even 10 slots would be decent) or smaller amounts of starter money.

I think that with more practice, and if I can find a star system that sells closer to 150 Dynamic Resonators instead of 110, and also avoid selling in poor economies (they pay about 300K units less per run), I could possibly improve it up to 40,000,000 per hour

Not knowing the full details of the economy system is really impeding my progress right now.

My biggest question is why I can't find anyone who is buying goods above the galactic average. I've been to probably 10 systems since 1.3, and I see red prices everywhere and only occasionally white, but never green. Is it a bug or have I just been really unlucky?

Also, what does it mean when there's a units currency symbol icon in the top right of an item listing?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Sucks when you take on some of those missions only to arrive at the location and it requires one or two rare/expensive products.

Finished the major new story stuff, until
you're just required to keep jumping towards the center
. Switched back to the Atlas path and I haven't seen Polo and Nada in a while. I can't remember if they give anything unique. I seem to be able to hit new Atlas stations with just two jumps.

Alastor3

You can find them crashed too, but the ones i got i bought them all. I usually buy a cheap ass ship 1st, then go search for a crashed hauler with alot slots (to have good trade value) then use the hauler as a trade and sometimes the exotic comes for free or not much more money. They dont have many slots but have great stats bonus and i love the ships designs.

Dunno, all i can say is my save has 1 year old, my save was from the day the game launched and i never had to restart the game. Most of the bugs i had they just ended up being fixed with time. Some fixed by themselves, others fixed by changing galaxy, other fixed by patches.

Game still have alot of small bugs, mostly because the new things they added also added some extra bugs too. Right now only thing buged on my game is the glyph #16 that dont register as found. Some side quests also get bugged some times, but with the option to cancel the quests is a non issue now.

Did they changed the main storyline since release? I might just start a new character if I want to know more about the lore, don't remember where I was in the game tho, game is downloading but I remember had a lot of slot on my character and my ship but I think there was no class at the time? Also don't know how much money i have yet

So I started this on an old save, jumped around a bit, redid most of the base quests and started down the Awakenings quest line. Then I got a gamebreaking bug that completely wiped that save out. Reloaded from my backup, and started again. I've done all the basebuilding (except for one or two exocraft quests which seem to be bugged), and I've been collecting resources to build greenhouses (I'm up to 4, plus a nice Solanium garden outside since I'm on a scorched planet). But I have NOT seen the Awakenings quest line come up again at all. Is there some trick to triggering it, or am I just bugged out again? It's not a huge deal, since I'm loving just exploring and building up the base, but having another thing to do would be fun too.

mokeyjoe

So I started this on an old save, jumped around a bit, redid most of the base quests and started down the Awakenings quest line. Then I got a gamebreaking bug that completely wiped that save out. Reloaded from my backup, and started again. I've done all the basebuilding (except for one or two exocraft quests which seem to be bugged), and I've been collecting resources to build greenhouses (I'm up to 4, plus a nice Solanium garden outside since I'm on a scorched planet). But I have NOT seen the Awakenings quest line come up again at all. Is there some trick to triggering it, or am I just bugged out again? It's not a huge deal, since I'm loving just exploring and building up the base, but having another thing to do would be fun too.

It only popped up on my existing save when I had warped a few times. How much have you been warping around?

I'm not really in much of a position to complain about the difficulty of farming now that I made domes that require zero upkeep (and they look cool!), but the dramatic disparity in grow times is weird and inconvenient. Some variation? Fine. 15min vs 120? Ick. I'd need entire domes of cactus and fire each just to balance out the speed of a set amount of the rest of the ingredients. #FirstWorldBioFarmingProblems.

Warp cells are now a pain for me, with the multi-step procedure being tedious far more than it is challenging in any way. All the materials required can be purchased directly from a terminal at your base or in your freighter for cheap ~5-6 worth at a time, so, idunno. Just annoying. Unnecessary grinding in an endgame that encourages very frequent travel to multiple systems and to/from your base for materials to complete missions. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be in Survival. Freighter warping is even sillier because of the short range without upgrades, and you can just warp in your ship and then call your freighter to you. Plus, you want to visit the space station for missions and the vortex regardless, which wastes more time. Freighter warp "free" short distances would be a nice touch so you could get something more than storage and a hangar out of the investment.

Warp cells are now a pain for me, with the multi-step procedure being tedious far more than it is challenging in any way. All the materials required can be purchased directly from a terminal at your base or in your freighter for cheap ~5-6 worth at a time, so, idunno. Just annoying. Unnecessary grinding in an endgame that encourages very frequent travel to multiple systems and to/from your base for materials to complete missions. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be in Survival. Freighter warping is even sillier because of the short range without upgrades, and you can just warp in your ship and then call your freighter to you. Plus, you want to visit the space station for missions and the vortex regardless, which wastes more time. Freighter warp "free" short distances would be a nice touch so you could get something more than storage and a hangar out of the investment.

Atlas Stations give you two warp cells each time, and since I've only been warping to places with Atlas Stations (or grabbing whatever is in those Atlas Pass containers that always have electron vapour, suspension fluid or antimatter), I'm currently sitting on 23 Warp Cells, with a completely full warp drive. It's actually inconvenient because they're taking up 3 slots in my containers, and I need that space for all the weird elements they've added. I keep shuffling around boatloads of Iron and Thamium to try to make way for new things and really all I need is a Warp Drive that holds 100 charges instead of 5.

It only popped up on my existing save when I had warped a few times. How much have you been warping around?

Evidently not much. I guess I'll start doing that more. I've been finding some great planets in the systems I'm already working in. Nothing crazy out of the ordinary, but the new terrain generation and textures make things look absolutely incredible most of the time. I found myself bouncing around toxic islands for a couple hours earlier just to snag as much Gamma Root as I could. Got enough to build another greenhouse and plant 16 more plants, with reserves. So that was pretty cool, I guess.

Is gravitino balls the last farmer quest? That quest seems to be glitched for me, and so is my farmer, and he is weirdly saying the final response of my armorer when I talk to him. But the gravitino quest still shows as incomplete...

Lamptramp

Is gravitino balls the last farmer quest? That quest seems to be glitched for me, and so is my farmer, and he is weirdly saying the final response of my armorer when I talk to him. But the gravitino quest still shows as incomplete...

The last quest I had for the farmer was the Mordite flower quest, Gravitino balls were actually earlier than I expected.

Thanks, will give that a try.

I had the same thing, I wasn't having luck with trying to goad a freighter into a scrap and what else works is deleting then rebuilding the Armorer console (the NPC returns as well), then you can pick the mission up again.

I'm on the Awakenings questline and was told my Vy'keen standing isn't high enough, even though my rank is Templar. I hope it'll still register increases. It's kind of disappointing that the quests so far seem geared towards new saves and it has no awareness of the game state of existing players. They had to know many people would stick with their existing saves.

edit: looks like it does still increase standing, even though I'm already at max. But the lack of awareness of my standing kind of breaks fiction.

The last quest I had for the farmer was the Mordite flower quest, Gravitino balls were actually earlier than I expected.

Strange. I'm pretty sure Mordite was my first farming quest. edit: I was wrong, guess it's Coprite. Good thing I don't want to actually do any farming or I might be upset this questline has broken for the second time.

Lamptramp

Strange. I'm pretty sure Mordite was my first farming quest. edit: I was wrong, guess it's Coprite. Good thing I don't want to actually do any farming or I might be upset this questline has broken for the second time.

It may be worth deleting the farmer console then rebuilding to see if that resets that step of the quest. It worked for me with the armorer/stupid death sentinel ship fight, I'd make sure its saved first though just in case :)

Sarcasm

I just traded from a C class shuttle with 30 slots (23 usable) to a S class shuttle with 23 slots...

I lost some slots and a sigma (which I can't craft..dunno how)..but I gained 20+ % in the three stats (damage, hyper, and shield).

Good right?

So how important are slots vs stays in early game? I'm at the very beginning (1 warp drive) and found a crashed class S exotic when I currently have a hauler C class. My current one has 27 slots vs 19 for the new one. I assume I should change to the exotic but I find myself lacking in slot space all the time and perhaps these are better further in the game when it's possible to have several ships to switch between?

Edit: I did and realised I can't even afford to repair a single inventory slot lol.

eJAaiI6.jpg

LAST UPDATED: 24 Aug 2017 (Added Spaceship Flight, Sell Nanites and Multi-Tool Panel Fix mods. Updated text below and Performance Tips text.)

I have tested MOST of the mods together with Atlas Rises 1.33 but there is no guarantee they will work perfectly for everyone. Always check the mod descriptions to make sure they are compatible with your current game version, especially after a new patch has been released. FPS impact should be minimal with most mods except where noted. Please report any bugs or broken links so I can investigate.

WARNING: Please backup your save game and main cache files first (AppData/Roaming/Hello Games), remove the disablemods.txt file (or rename it) in PCBANKS if it exists and delete the contents of SHADERCACHE each time before loading the game with new mods. Mods are placed in the PCBANKS/MODS folder. Also make sure you last saved on a space station because sometimes the mods can cause problems if you are in your ship or standing on terrain when they first load.

Quality of Life Mods:

Faster Actions with Optional Smaller Cursor (medium option recommended to avoid accidental clicks) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/440/?
Clean UI (disables Vignette/Chromatic Aberration/Scan Lines, adds UI jagged line smoothing) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/395/?
Increased Walk, Sprint, Jetpack & Swim Speed (slower version recommended for better realism) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/393/?
More Visible HUD indicators (Shield/Jetpack/Stamina/Scanner icons easier to see against light and dark backgrounds) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/424/?
Tag Icon Replacer (replaces the low-res white marker) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/455/?
Silence Tip Chirp Sound (removes the annoying quest tip sound effects) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/silence-tip-chirp-sound/
Old Binocular Background (if you don't like the Atlas version) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/old-binocular-background-for-atlas-rises/

Space Mods:

Space Dream All-in-One (Starry Nebulae Sky, Crescent Worlds, Ringed Planets, Binary Planets, True Space Lighting, De-Noised Skies, Rotating Cloud Shader, Optional Dark Space with Nebulae) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/451/?
Colored Starfields for Galaxy Map - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/445/?
Eclipses - https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/475/?
Better Asteroids ("MOD_DUD_Asteroid_v13001.pak" file for increased asteroid view distance, increased minerals and more realistic spacing between planets, "_MOD_DUD_AsteroidEffects_v13001.pak" file for improved weapon impact particle effects, less camera shaking and improved asteroid break up and movement after explosions - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/duds-sky/
No More Extreme Speed Lines - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/no-speedlines/
No More Space Dust and Space Plasma - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/457/?

Cloud Mods:

True Clouds (improved volume/draw distance/color/lighting, can cause ugly pixellation near the horizon due to NMS's poor cloud tech) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/448/?
Better HD Clouds (higher resolution clouds when viewed from a distance, *thanks to a memory quirk in the Atlas Rises Update it currently uses an extra 1Gb VRAM*) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/460/?

Spaceship Mods:

Spaceship Flight (_MOD_DUD_SpaceshipFlight_v13301.pak file improves spaceship flight handling) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/duds-sky/
Flight Atmosphere (_MOD_DUD_FlightAtmosphere_v13001.pak file adds atmospheric flight effects to match planetary conditions) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/duds-sky/
Better Ship Seat Position - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/454/?
Custom Ship Monitors (higher quality spaceship monitors) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/456/?
Blue Ship HUD (changes color of monitors to match the new center console) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/397/?
Starship out of Range (boosts starship inventory transfer distance) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/439/?

Terrain, Water & Vegetation Mods:

Shaidak's Generation (enhances biomes with more diverse flora--including unused flora from NMS's own database--increased size and optional increased density, *fps intensive*) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/407/?
Lush Grass Distance (increased view distance for lush grass, *for high-end PCs only*) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/lush-grass-distance/
NoFade FPS Booster (removes pixellation rendering effect of Terrain & Water to increase fps at the cost of more pop-in, *use Terrain-only version if you also use True Water*) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/441/?
True Water (reduced foam so water no longer looks like concrete, adds reflections, removes fully transparent water from high altitude) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/458/?
Tides & Waves (makes water animated) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/459/?

Flora & Fauna:

Creature Distance ("_MOD_DUD_CreatureDistance_v13001.pak" file for doubled creature view distance) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/duds-sky/

For Science (increases the unit reward for scanning and uploading flora, fauna & minerals to make Exploring a viable profession like Farming, Trading and Guild, *only use 1 of these explorer mods at a time*) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/for-science/
E.T. Ecology (increases the unit reward for scanning and uploading flora & minerals, and adds a bigger 100% Scan unit reward to make Exploring a viable profession like Farming, Trading and Guild, *only use 1 of these explorer mods at a time*) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/e-t-ecology/

Lighting Mods:

ReShade (my own personal settings to subtly fix the game's washed-out Contrast and LumaSharpen fix for Antialiasing Blur, all files and README included, easily tweakable) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqbftxxk6pa3qy8/NMS ReShade.zip?dl=0

Toned Down Lens Flares (*only use 1 of the lens flare mods at a time*) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/425/?
Lens Flare Remover (*only use 1 of the lens flare mods at a time*) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/lens-flare-remover-atlas-edition/

Other:

Multitool Panel Fix (higher quality multi-tool panels) - https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/483/?
Atlas Rises Splash Screen Logo - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/atlas-rises-splash-screen-logo/
Sell Nanites (sell nanites when you have no more tech to buy, value determined by the game) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/sell-nanites/

Performance Tips:

This is my config file for close to 60fps stutter-free Vanilla No Man's Sky at 1080p on a mid-to-high end PC (old overclocked i7, 16Gb slow DDR, 1070 GTX overclocked). I would not recommend higher resolutions. Be warned, a 100% smooth game is almost impossible, because the planets still need optimization, and mods will impact the fps somewhat. In Nvidia I have Prefer Maximum Performance and set Frame Rate Limiter to 90. Even with all these mods installed the game is still playable at worst. Base building limit tweaks are optional because huge bases can create bugs. For people struggling with low fps, try lowering Shadow Detail & Reflections and disabling Light Shafts first. TAA and Texture Detail have a greater impact on visual quality. FOV=140 in the config is equal to in-game FOV of 100 but it resets to 100 in the config if you change any settings in the game menu. If you have less than 4gb VRAM then leave "TexturePageSizeK" at the default of 64. Light Shafts are disabled as a personal preference. If you get lots of stuttering, enable vsync and triple buffering in the drivers. Keep vsync disabled in-game. BACKUP YOUR SAVE GAME & MAIN CACHE (AppData/Roaming/HelloGames) AND CURRENT CONFIG FILES FIRST JUST TO BE SAFE.

TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Data template="TkGraphicsSettings">
<Property name="Version" value="2" />
<Property name="FullScreen" value="false" />
<Property name="Borderless" value="true" />
<Property name="Monitor" value="0" />
<Property name="MonitorNames">
<Property name="MonitorNames_00" value="0|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070|Alienware AW2310 (Digital)" />
</Property>
<Property name="UseScreenResolution" value="true" />
<Property name="ResolutionWidth" value="1920" />
<Property name="ResolutionHeight" value="1080" />
<Property name="VsyncEx" value="Off" />
<Property name="GSync" value="false" />
<Property name="ShadowDetail" value="High" />
<Property name="TextureDetail" value="Ultra" />
<Property name="GenerationDetail" value="Normal" />
<Property name="ReflectionsQuality" value="High" />
<Property name="AntiAliasingEx2" value="TAA" />
<Property name="MotionBlurQuality" value="Off" />
<Property name="MotionBlurStrength" value="0.000000" />
<Property name="AnisotropyLevel" value="16" />
<Property name="FoVOnFoot" value="140.000000" />
<Property name="FoVInShip" value="140.000000" />
<Property name="Brightness" value="60" />
<Property name="MaxframeRate" value="90" />
<Property name="NumHighThreads" value="2" />
<Property name="NumLowThreads" value="4" />
<Property name="TextureStreamingEx" value="Off" />
<Property name="TexturePageSizeKb" value="4096" />
<Property name="ShowRequirementsWarnings" value="true" />
<Property name="RemoveBaseBuildingRestrictions" value="true" />
<Property name="BaseBuildingLimit" value="6000" />
<Property name="MouseClickSpeedMultiplier" value="0.500000" />
<Property name="AmbientOcclusion" value="HBAO" />
<Property name="UseHDR" value="false" />
<Property name="UseLightshafts" value="false" />
</Data>

^ Is some mods must have?

I wouldn't bother playing without the Quality of Life mods.

Spaceship Flight if you hate 1.33 vanilla flight.

3/4 of the rest are purely aesthetic.

NoFade FPS Booster if you want more fps.

Shaidak's Generation is good if you have plenty of fps to spare.

1 of the science mods if you enjoy using the binoculars and want to be rewarded better.

Is this CPU bound type of thing?

Also...the mods can work on an existing save correct?

Something to do with multithreading and cores. My CPU is 4 cores, 8 threads. If I set it to HighThreads=4 and LowThreads=8 it would probably leave no usage for any background tasks. Probably best to leave to what the game defaults to for your system.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/350542145697093866/?ctp=3

Mods are save game compatible. Just delete all the shadercache files so they can regenerate and make sure your last save is on a freighter or space station in case the mods cause you to fall the terrain, fly in the air or some crazy bug like that.

I'm not really in much of a position to complain about the difficulty of farming now that I made domes that require zero upkeep (and they look cool!), but the dramatic disparity in grow times is weird and inconvenient. Some variation? Fine. 15min vs 120? Ick. I'd need entire domes of cactus and fire each just to balance out the speed of a set amount of the rest of the ingredients. #FirstWorldBioFarmingProblems.
yeah haha Solanium is like the sole reason where I just said, OK, fine, I need biodomes :p

gamma weed was fine... it grows so fast that I was basically always busy recharging or picking, and I ended up with 1000s and 1000s while I kept hitting walls with solanium (I'm trying to craft lots of AMUs)

it's worse yet because hydrotray re-fueling seems buggy? i swear, I'll recharge a bunch of trays in a room, and come back 30m later and while most are fine, one or two are empty

with gamma wee or something the planet probably still finishes growing (or mostly does) but it was really a pain to keep my solanium re-charged for the entire 2 hours -_-

so even at, what, 1.5 million in sellable materials, I basically said, long term I'm better off just invested 10m or so in biodomes and i'll save my self a lot of inefficiency in growing times but also free up my time to do some Dynamic Resonator crashing/dumping in the mean time hehehe

I also recommend the mod that disables the blue flash when mining. It's so much more bearable now.

Edit: in response to the above, so if my CPU is 4 cores and 4 threads, should I set it to 2 high and 2 low? Currently it's 1 high and 2 low iirc

I honestly have no idea. It's all speculation based on a few forum threads. You could use MSI Afterburner to track CPU usage in a low fps area with some background stuff running and see if it makes a difference.

daxy

I honestly have no idea. It's all speculation based on a few forum threads. You could use MSI Afterburner to track CPU usage in a low fps area with some background stuff running and see if it makes a difference.

Yeah, I'll have a go at that to see if it makes any difference.

eJAaiI6.jpg

LAST UPDATED: 26 Aug 2017 (Added Spaceship Flight, Sell Nanites, Multi-Tool Panel, Mining Beam Flash and True Lighting mods. Fixed a broken link. Updated various text.)

I have tested most of the mods together with Atlas Rises 1.33 but there is no guarantee they will work perfectly for everyone. Always check the mod descriptions to make sure they are compatible with your current game version, especially after a new patch has been released. FPS impact should be minimal with most mods except where noted. Please report any bugs or broken links so I can investigate.

WARNING: Please backup your save game and main cache files first (AppData/Roaming/Hello Games), remove the disablemods.txt file (or rename it) in PCBANKS if it exists and delete the contents of SHADERCACHE each time before loading the game with new mods. Mods are placed in the PCBANKS/MODS folder. Also make sure you last saved on a space station because sometimes the mods can cause problems if you are in your ship or standing on terrain when they first load.

Quality of Life Mods:

Faster Actions with Optional Smaller Cursor (medium option recommended to avoid accidental clicks) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/440/?
Clean UI (disables Vignette/Chromatic Aberration/Scan Lines, adds UI jagged line smoothing) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/395/?
Increased Walk, Sprint, Jetpack & Swim Speed (slower version recommended for better realism) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/393/?
More Visible HUD indicators (Shield/Jetpack/Stamina/Scanner icons easier to see against light and dark backgrounds) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/424/?
Tag Icon Replacer (replaces the low-res white marker) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/455/?
Silence Tip Chirp Sound (removes the annoying quest tip sound effects) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/silence-tip-chirp-sound/
Old Binocular Background (if you don't like the Atlas version) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/old-binocular-background-for-atlas-rises/

Space Mods:

Space Dream All-in-One (Starry Nebulae Sky, Crescent Worlds, Ringed Planets, Binary Planets, True Space Lighting, De-Noised Skies, Rotating Cloud Shader, Optional Dark Space with Nebulae) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/451/?
Colored Starfields for Galaxy Map - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/445/?
Eclipses - https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/475/?
Better Asteroids ("MOD_DUD_Asteroid_v13001.pak" file for increased asteroid view distance, increased minerals and more realistic spacing between planets, "_MOD_DUD_AsteroidEffects_v13001.pak" file for improved weapon impact particle effects, less camera shaking and improved asteroid break up and movement after explosions - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/duds-sky/
No More Extreme Speed Lines - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/no-speedlines/
No More Space Dust and Space Plasma - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/457/?

Cloud Mods:

True Clouds (improved volume/draw distance/color/lighting, can cause ugly pixellation near the horizon due to NMS's poor cloud tech) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/448/?
Better HD Clouds (higher resolution clouds when viewed from a distance, *thanks to a memory quirk in the Atlas Rises Update it currently uses an extra 1Gb VRAM*) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/460/?

Spaceship Mods:

Spaceship Flight (_MOD_DUD_SpaceshipFlight_v13301.pak file improves spaceship flight handling) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/duds-sky/
Flight Atmosphere (_MOD_DUD_FlightAtmosphere_v13001.pak file adds atmospheric flight effects to match planetary conditions) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/duds-sky/
Better Ship Seat Position - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/484/?
Custom Ship Monitors (higher quality spaceship monitors) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/456/?
Blue Ship HUD (changes color of monitors to match the new center console) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/397/?
Starship out of Range (boosts starship inventory transfer distance) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/439/?

Terrain, Water & Vegetation Mods:

Shaidak's Generation (enhances biomes with more diverse flora--including unused flora from NMS's own database--increased size and optional increased density, *fps intensive*) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/407/?
Lush Grass Distance (increased view distance for lush grass, *for high-end PCs only*) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/lush-grass-distance/
NoFade FPS Booster (removes pixellation rendering effect of Terrain & Water to increase fps at the cost of more pop-in, *use Terrain-only version if you also use True Water*) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/441/?
True Water (reduced foam so water no longer looks like concrete, adds reflections, removes fully transparent water from high altitude) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/458/?
Tides & Waves (makes water animated) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/459/?

Flora & Fauna:

Creature Distance ("_MOD_DUD_CreatureDistance_v13001.pak" file for doubled creature view distance) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/duds-sky/
For Science (increases the unit reward for scanning and uploading flora, fauna & minerals to make Exploring a viable profession like Farming, Trading and Guild, *only use 1 of these explorer mods at a time*) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/for-science/
E.T. Ecology (increases the unit reward for scanning and uploading flora & minerals, and adds a bigger 100% Scan unit reward to make Exploring a viable profession like Farming, Trading and Guild, *only use 1 of these explorer mods at a time*) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/e-t-ecology/

Lighting Mods:

ReShade (my own personal settings to subtly fix the game's washed-out Contrast and LumaSharpen fix for Antialiasing Blur, all files and README included, easily tweakable) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqbftxxk6pa3qy8/NMS ReShade.zip?dl=0
True Lighting (corrects the planetary sky light that unrealistically applies to everything in space) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/382/?
Toned Down Lens Flares (*only use 1 of the lens flare mods at a time*) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/425/?
Lens Flare Remover (*only use 1 of the lens flare mods at a time*) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/lens-flare-remover-atlas-edition/

Other:

No Blue Flash (removes the blue flash when using the mining beam) - http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/474/?
Multitool Panel Fix (higher quality multi-tool panels) - https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/483/?
Atlas Rises Splash Screen Logo - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/atlas-rises-splash-screen-logo/
Sell Nanites (sell nanites when you have no more tech to buy, value determined by the game) - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/sell-nanites/

Performance Tips:

This is my config file for close to 60fps stutter-free Vanilla No Man's Sky at 1080p on a mid-to-high end PC (old overclocked i7, 16Gb slow DDR, 1070 GTX overclocked). I would not recommend higher resolutions. Be warned, a 100% smooth game is almost impossible, because the planets still need optimization, and mods will impact the fps somewhat. In Nvidia I have Prefer Maximum Performance and set Frame Rate Limiter to 90. Even with all these mods installed the game is still playable at worst. Base building limit tweaks are optional because huge bases can create bugs. For people struggling with low fps, try lowering Shadow Detail & Reflections and disabling Light Shafts first. TAA and Texture Detail have a greater impact on visual quality. FOV=140 in the config is equal to in-game FOV of 100 but it resets to 100 in the config if you change any settings in the game menu. If you have less than 4gb VRAM then leave "TexturePageSizeK" at the default of 64. Light Shafts are disabled as a personal preference. If you get lots of stuttering, enable vsync and triple buffering in the drivers. Keep vsync disabled in-game. BACKUP YOUR SAVE GAME & MAIN CACHE (AppData/Roaming/HelloGames) AND CURRENT CONFIG FILES FIRST JUST TO BE SAFE.

TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Data template="TkGraphicsSettings">
<Property name="Version" value="2" />
<Property name="FullScreen" value="false" />
<Property name="Borderless" value="true" />
<Property name="Monitor" value="0" />
<Property name="MonitorNames">
<Property name="MonitorNames_00" value="0|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070|Alienware AW2310 (Digital)" />
</Property>
<Property name="UseScreenResolution" value="true" />
<Property name="ResolutionWidth" value="1920" />
<Property name="ResolutionHeight" value="1080" />
<Property name="VsyncEx" value="Off" />
<Property name="GSync" value="false" />
<Property name="ShadowDetail" value="High" />
<Property name="TextureDetail" value="Ultra" />
<Property name="GenerationDetail" value="Normal" />
<Property name="ReflectionsQuality" value="High" />
<Property name="AntiAliasingEx2" value="TAA" />
<Property name="MotionBlurQuality" value="Off" />
<Property name="MotionBlurStrength" value="0.000000" />
<Property name="AnisotropyLevel" value="16" />
<Property name="FoVOnFoot" value="140.000000" />
<Property name="FoVInShip" value="140.000000" />
<Property name="Brightness" value="60" />
<Property name="MaxframeRate" value="90" />
<Property name="NumHighThreads" value="2" />
<Property name="NumLowThreads" value="4" />
<Property name="TextureStreamingEx" value="Off" />
<Property name="TexturePageSizeKb" value="4096" />
<Property name="ShowRequirementsWarnings" value="true" />
<Property name="RemoveBaseBuildingRestrictions" value="true" />
<Property name="BaseBuildingLimit" value="6000" />
<Property name="MouseClickSpeedMultiplier" value="0.500000" />
<Property name="AmbientOcclusion" value="HBAO" />
<Property name="UseHDR" value="false" />
<Property name="UseLightshafts" value="false" />
</Data>

Saiyan-Rox

What's people's opinions on doing first? I'm seriously lost and all I've been doing is mining gold for money lol there's the atlas path, centre or this new story I think?

Really getting into it now. I never got that far when it first launched, so decided to do a fresh start with 1.33. I'm enjoying it a lot more than

Following the Atlus Path and so far, I've been given a better multi-tool on a space station, then I picked up a distress signal, which took me to a crashed ship (30 Slot - Class B, not bad for my 2nd ship) fixed it up as much as I can afford and I'm now in the process of finding the alien who left the signal. I found a hologram tower which let me speak to the alien and I'm now building signal boosters to triangulate his position in the galaxy.

Pretty cool stuff so far. Not sure if any of this is part of the new story content but I never saw any of this side quest in my original run and it's making the game much more focused and enjoyable. Hello Games have done a great job improving the game in big ways.

daxy

What's people's opinions on doing first? I'm seriously lost and all I've been doing is mining gold for money lol there's the atlas path, centre or this new story I think?

You can do all of them at the same time if you just reach the center last. I wouldn't recommend getting lost in the tedium of mining at the beginning. Might as well make that a side thing while you're doing the other quests. I'd start off with the Atlas path and progress the Awakening story as you go. The center is the closest thing resembling an ending in this game.

mokeyjoe

Whatever you want - but the Awakenings story will thread through most aspects of the game, and let you jump off and pick up wherever you like. On that note...

Really getting into it now. I never got that far when it first launched, so decided to do a fresh start with 1.33. I'm enjoying it a lot more than

Following the Atlus Path and so far, I've been given a better multi-tool on a space station, then I picked up a distress signal, which took me to a crashed ship (30 Slot - Class B, not bad for my 2nd ship) fixed it up as much as I can afford and I'm now in the process of finding the alien who left the signal. I found a hologram tower which let me speak to the alien and I'm now building signal boosters to triangulate his position in the galaxy.

Pretty cool stuff so far. Not sure if any of this is part of the new story content but I never saw any of this side quest in my original run and it's making the game much more focused and enjoyable. Hello Games have done a great job improving the game in big ways.

Much of that that is the new story, some of it isn't. I think that's why it's quite smart, it all comes together pretty organically into one 'adventure'. Awakenings works as a story, but also as a main arc which ties everything else together.

Woohoo, found a really nice jungle planet for my first base. Lots of flora, not too aggressive sentinels (they only attack if I go mining crazy), some nice oceans and a temperate climate (there's the occasional storm but even without a thermal shield it takes 7 minutes to deplete my default shielding).

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
This planet was super neat in person but in the screenshots the ground textures always look like something out of an N64 game.

fdEs3iW.jpg

LOD limits and texture and object pop in are stil pretty crazy for the game, but I don't see that ever changing. Sad, because some of the planets are looking really great at surface level now, but you can never really judge until you're out of your ship and the textures and objects have all loaded in.

Also, I'd really appreciate it if they'd dial back the topography. Wide open flat plains are a fairly common feature of real life planetary topography and yet in NMS every planet has a constantly undulating surface that never lets up - though I do wonder if this is an intentional cover-up for the limited LODs though.

Top Bottom