• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

Nice 360° view on this lifeless moon. The photos were taken standing in the same position.

G6c7Svo.jpg

OMW1SZK.jpg

This one is an Earth-like desert moon.

OuterLimits

Any updates on the patch? Been looking forward to the chance of paradise planets on Survival mode not having hostile sentinels.

Agree on the atmosphere. It does seem better when entering and even flying on the planet. Leaving the planet is still a bit lame though.

Sylent01

I need to check later when I'm back at my home but I think I already fixed mostly of the slots of the multitool and all the slots from the ship I found just using the credits that I got from selling a lot of Emeril in different systems.

If the glitch is still in and hasn't been patched out yet, all you need to do is travel through a portal and fix each slot on the other side for a measly 1000 units each. I fixed 18 slots for only 18,000 units- worked on my multi-tool as well.

If the glitch is still in and hasn't been patched out yet, all you need to do is travel through a portal and fix each slot on the other side for a measly 1000 units each. I fixed 18 slots for only 18,000 units- worked on my multi-tool as well.

Too bad I already fixed all of the slots but I'll keep it in mind if I find a better one.

Apparently there was a new experimental patch released a few hours ago, but only has one change: "Fixed an issue which could cause excess stacked inventory items to be lost"

Hopefully this is a last-minute fix and they'll release soon.

I hope so. That bug has been peeving me off for weeks.

OuterLimits

Didn't realize they changed the elements needed for warp drives. On my new Permadeath game, I lucked out and got the Sigma Warp blueprint as a reward during a discussion with a Vykeen for giving him 10 Carbon. So within 4 hours of my new game, I already have a great blueprint. Red stars here I come.........Not so fast

Unfortunately I now need to build a base since an ingredient needed can't be collected without the multitool upgrade from a base quest.

Not a fan how the game makes building a base almost a necessity. Unless you somehow get lucky and can find a ship with some warp drives already installed.

Finally downloaded the Experimental Patch. Only broke a few mods.

The Inventory Stack bug seems to be fixed, though I've read reports of some people still getting it.

We can now sell directly from our Exosuit Cargo at Trade Terminals but it's now mixed in with the main Exosuit items so you have to be careful selling. Still no way to sell from Exosuit Cargo or Ship to AI traders.

Still a few mission-related bugs need fixing but I'm not holding out much hope. At most we'll probably get 1 more small patch before HG go silent again.

Into-orbit transitions and flight atmosphere effects seem slightly improved.

I swear the last few patches have introduced more generation fade-in and even worse fluctuations in fps than before but maybe it's my imagination. My complex base (15 Living Glass per harvest farm) drops below 20fps when I use the scanner with a full crop LOL. And that's using way less glass windows (which are notorious for killing the fps) than in my previous bases. I would prefer fps optimization and polish in the next update to any big new features.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
The wait for this patch is killing me. I really want to play again but I can’t progress until the Space Anomaly bug is fixed, and I don’t feel like spinning my wheels in another random system.

The wait for this patch is killing me. I really want to play again but I can't progress until the Space Anomaly bug is fixed, and I don't feel like spinning my wheels in another random system.

Space Anomaly stuck in your home system? I had that problem but found I could teleport out and back in and each time I could get a new reward from Polo. Felt like cheating but had no other choice.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Space Anomoly stuck in your home system? I had that problem but found I could teleport out and back in and each time I could get a new reward from Polo. Felt like cheating but had no other choice.
That worked a couple of times for me but then it stopped. I’ve completed a whole bunch of milestones that ought to earn me rewards but he’s silent now.

ParityBit

Okay, dumb question because I still have not built a base .... how do I do this so I can fix my damn ship? It is way too expensive at this point.

So this explains why I suddenly was able to fix my ships slots for only 1000 each lol. Gotta love you some bugs!

ParityBit

Wow, so I did that portal trick. I just put in random runes (I only have 10) and it found someplace for me. Nice planet on the other side and I repaired 4 tech slots and about 10 storage.

My Class A hauler has 48 general slots and 8 tech slots, all repaired!

I finally got around to collecting the 16 Glyphs, have 368 million from my Living Glass farm and fully stocked storage containers. My ship is crap but full of good tech. I've put off completing the storyline because I don't want to move to a new galaxy yet.

I've never bothered with freighters before but want to get one and get a 2nd throw-away ship before moving on from Euclid. What's a good freighter to buy with the credits I have? I don't care too much about stats but storage space is my top priority followed by decent warping distance.

ParityBit

Man I am so happy my ship is fixed! Now I can put tech on it. It was almost 2 mil a slot to fix!

Is there a bug where you are allowed to pay for more spots on your experience suit but you Max out?

Minamu

What's the point of those new atlas seeds? I got the recipes but never crafted them, but I was still presented with the choices at the end of the path?

Minamu

So I found a man slot multi tool but I have no idea what to install on it. What do you guys think are must installs?
A man slot?! :) It depends on what kind of game you're playing imo. I have no need for the new manipulation tool, but I want as much mining related stuff as possible to make mining resources as fast as possible. I don't need any special *weapon* tools, because the mining stuff melts sentinels in a matter of 2 seconds usually anyway. I'll never remove my flora and fauna scanners either, they'remy new main source of income :lol

ParityBit

A man slot?! :) It depends on what kind of game you're playing imo. I have no need for the new manipulation tool, but I want as much mining related stuff as possible to make mining resources as fast as possible. I don't need any special *weapon* tools, because the mining stuff melts sentinels in a matter of 2 seconds usually anyway. I'll never remove my flora and fauna scanners either, they'remy new main source of income :lol

lol Damn! I typed that on my iPad. I meant MAX. It is an A class riffle so I am happy! I just have a bunch of random techs I never used because I never had room!

MaKTaiL

I'm jonesing for that 1.38 update. They're taking their sweet time with it, but I guess it's better than a buggy release.

My guess is that this will be the last patch before 1.4, so they are trying to iron out all the bugs they can before that.

So I found a man slot multi tool but I have no idea what to install on it. What do you guys think are must installs?

This is my current setup for the Multitool (work in progress as you can see):

I don't know if it's that good, it's my first time checking the stats on any of my ships.

Edit: Now I found this weird looking multi-tool by the
Space Anomaly
, those fangs/claws sure are... something.

Did they both have all those installed mods when you found them?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I know that hence the bug comment I've been searching for two hours now not one crystal there are usually loads I was farming and accidentally used my reserves for my multitool.

I'm fucked aren't I?

Keep looking. Try caves. Are you on Normal or Survival? If you REALLY can't find any (I'm sure it's there though), then dismantle everything from your multitool, ship or suit that gives you Plutonium.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I've been in a hell of a lot of caves already, I've used my terrain manipulator to dig my own caves can't find shit and I can't go back to a previous save that isn't on this planet.

Then do what I suggested above. I still think it will be there. In the 1000 hours plus I've played, I've never ever come across a planet without Plutonium. However, I have come across planets with rare deposits of Plutonium.

Then do what I suggested above. I still think it will be there. In the 1000 hours plus I've played, I've never ever come across a planet without Plutonium. However, I have come across planets with rare deposits of Plutonium.
I've been playing for a long time too I know where to look for plutonium, I think my best hope is to find a abandoned base or anything that might have a save point with canisters near it as there be no crystals here.
I'll try the dismantle option when all hope is lost.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I've been playing for a long time too I know where to look for plutonium, I think my best hope is to find a abandoned base or anything that might have a save point with canisters near it as there be no crystals here.
I'll try the dismantle option when all hope is lost.

You might also find a place to buy it. There's always a way and I find such situations exciting.

Top Bottom