• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

NotSelf

Finally I can summon a ship anywhere I always wanted this.

giphy.gif

Also downloading on ps4 for me.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I believe 4k is where you sacrifice 60fps. 4k will be unlocked framerate, but 1080p still does HDR isn't it? and 1080p is locked 60fps.

We can finally adjust FOV too.
My mistake - you're right. 4k is where you sacrifice 60fps

Credit to Hello Games, they are really putting a lot of effort into these updates and making massive improvements.

30 hours of story ! way more than expected. I really need to get NMS off my PS4 and onto my Pro now, looks like it's time to really dive back into it.

Ricker

Credit to Hello Games, they are really putting a lot of effort into these updates and making massive improvements.

30 hours of story ! way more than expected. I really need to get NMS off my PS4 and onto my Pro now, looks like it's time to really dive back into it.

Yep,damn,starting to look better and better...might grab this soon,its like super cheap everywhere by now also.

The ๖ۜBronx;245900114 said:
Isn't this already in the game, or at least something else that mines for you?
The Automated Mining Unit itself is, yeah...

Looks like we can upgrade them now though, and they now also require fuel.

Plus, there's new mining units for gas.

gossi

Damn,starting to look better and better...might grab this soon,its like super cheap everywhere by now also.

On UK PSN it's £10 right now, which is like 5 times cheaper than at launch.

Steam has just dropped to $23 on PC, from $60.

pagrab

I did not have the time to play the game since launch, but this seems enticing.

One thing that was a deal breaker for me was lack of planet maps. Did they ever change that? I do not feel the thrill of exploration if I cannot look at the map of the places I discovered.

ys45

Just finished reading the patch notes.

OK seriously this is crazy I never saw a game doing a 180 like that after so much backlash and bad reviews, the game is becoming exactly what a lot of us wanted .

So excited about everything, but the space combat now looks really fun.
I can't wait to get back into the game tonight.

I'm going to start a new game it offers too much new stuff and it has been too long since I played.

gossi

Eh... does steam update without restarting?

The Steam update isn't out yet.

One thing that was a deal breaker for me was lack of planet maps. Did they ever change that? I do not feel the thrill of exploration if I cannot look at the map of the places I discovered.

Why would you want a map? You can see with your eyes where you've been, plus you're moving between planets.

andrespi

Just rebought it in ps4, even though I have over 100 hours on pc. I decided to rebuy it on ps4 so I can play it with virtual cinema and psvr, furthermore pc version gives me a lot of crashes and frame rate issues, so I decided to buy it a second time.

So now that there is multiplayer and I'm playing on ps4, will I need ps plus or I can see other players/orbs without ps plus?

bosseye

All sounds awesome, looking forward to trying it out on a new save.

One thing though, anything about changing the flora/fauna generation? Or the terrain to allow for bigger, more dramatic features?

are you on wifi ? because i downloaded the update in 5 mins using cable...would be 5 hours or more on wifi

I am on wifi but the bigger issue is the fact that I'm on 10/0.5 ADSL. My city has VDSL and fiber in areas closer to the center but it will be ages until I get something better in my neighbourhood.

Uhyve

Hoping Digital Foundry do a performance analysis. Interested to see if there's any improvements to the high res mode and if the increased FoV has an effect.

NightOnyx

Seems like a great update! Still unsure about the coop though, which is my top requested feature. I guess we will find out soon how limited it really is when people start messing with it. The orbs don't bother me, but I hope we can actually work on stuff together and fly from planet to planet at the same time. I am really curious on how that will all work.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Holy shit.

This is HUUUUUUGE.

Downloading now.

Have been playing the game again in the run up to this update. Can't wait to get stuck in.

FyreWulff

Someone check the diversity - all these updates don't mean jack if i'm staring at the same planet evert 5 minutes.

It took me 20 hours in 1.0 till I found a planet where I thought: "Yeah, I've seen that before." Since there was an update for that and now its getting more biomes again.

It sounds more like prodecurally generated content isnt for you. Which is fine.

pagrab

The Steam update isn't out yet.

Why would you want a map? You can see with your eyes where you've been, plus you're moving between planets.

I cannot really explain it to you better. I just like to look at the map of the places I discover. It would also be perfect if I could add my notes (for example for the interesting views I found). Maybe I am a cartographer at heart or something :)

Really looking forward to impressions on this coop feature.

Is destruction and building instance based?

can a friend see my buildings whilst being on the same planet?

I'm not really clear on how the story works with this update. Is it similar to before where the story is told through little bits of lore found around the galaxy? Or is there a central storyline you follow up to the center?

SomTervo

Thanks dude, hoping to hear some feedback from other PS4 Pro users in the coming days. My CPU is a bit old (i7 3770 @ stock) so I'm leaning towards PS4 at the moment.

No worries - bit of a caveat though is that you can mod the PC version pretty easily and it apparently can get v easy to run. What's more the mods can do v cool things to the game.

Kaimu

All of the changes work on base PS4. Including every texture being updated and decals updated.

PS4 Pro bumps res from 1080p to 1800p, that's only difference.

Awesome, thank you! Hyped for this new patch, 24 mins left on my download

Top Bottom