• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky gets released like, soon, I guess ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reszo

From reddit, these are from the Japanese playable demo

New race

3O9VJGb.jpg

Price differences between elements/ resources

58GQhot.png

itshutton

What do you think the sales expectations are on it? Small team but relatively large marketing push. Does Sony expect it to sell gang-busters?

I feel ok looking at the spoilered pictures because in all likelihood I will never, ever see any of these creatures in person and neither will any of you.

The different NPC factions, though, dunno. I looked, but I don't know if I regret it or not.

I am so stoked for this game. I just put in a new hard drive in my PS4 in preparation for it and preordered it from BestBuy (which, strangely, when I tried to preorder in store they didn't let my GCU discount work but when I ordered it online... it worked.)

Hmm, two identical planets side to side in that picture. So much for 18 quintillion planets, eh?

j/k, must be a bug or some strange LOD anomaly...

Yeah, looks like the "diversity" thing they're addressing with the Update 1. Or, at least, I hope so.

I love the fact that it says you're the first one to discover the planet.

Control scheme.
CoG80ShUEAAMk_p.jpg

Tell me if you need a translation.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Yeah, looks like the "diversity" thing they're addressing with the Update 1. Or, at least, I hope so.

I love the fact that it says you're the first one to discover the planet.

Control scheme.
schermata2016-07-24alqujam.png

Tell me if you need a translation.

yeah we need a translation. doesn't really tell us anything.

OmegaDL50

What do you think the sales expectations are on it? Small team but relatively large marketing push. Does Sony expect it to sell gang-busters?

It should do fairly well based on it's pre-order numbers which are estimated to be 170,000.

It's currently the number 1 best selling PS4 game on Amazon, in both the US and UK

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Video-Games-PlayStation/zgbs/videogames/6427831011
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-PC-Video-Games-PlayStation/zgbs/videogames/2574539031

And it's currently 4th in Steam's best sellers list.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers

This remains to be see if these numbers will hold up after the release and folks sitting on the fence make their decision after the reviews drop.

Something I just thought of:

Do we know if you'll be able to have multiple saves? So if I want to have my save file and my girlfriend wants her save file, how does that work?

Or does she need to create her own PSN account on my PS4 and play it from there? Is that even a thing?

TimFL

I'm still kind of on the fence about pre-ordering this. I mean the idea behind the game sounds really good but I just can't really grasp the concept. I automatically associate it with being repetitive or dull after a short while. Just can't imagine this hooking me or that it lives up to the hype.

Not to mention that it apparently is near impossible to team up with friends, at least not on launch day (I read about them wanting to possibly add a party feature to team up with friends in the future?), I'm not really the SP guy... more of a co-op with friends gamer.

yeah we need a translation. doesn't really tell us anything.

Ok, here it is

L2
On foot: Zoom in/out
Starship: Brake

R2
On foot: Shoot
Starship: Accelerate

L1
On foot: Throw grenade
Starship: Rotate left

R1
On foot: Melee attack
Starship: Rotate right

D-Pad Down
Starship: Galactic Map

O
On foot: Scan
Starship: Boost

X
On foot: Jump
Starship: Shoot

[ ]
On foot: Reload
Starship: Exit starship

^
On foot: Toggle weapon mode (mining/shooting)

Left Stick
On foot: Move around
Starship: Turn/Pitch

Right Stick: Look around

L3
On foot: open Menu

R3
On foot: Run

Touchpad: Item case

OPTIONS: Discovery/Option

3 buttons (D-Pad Up, Left & Right) are left unused).
IIRC, Jump Drive is activated by pressing R1+L1, but it's not in the photo.

Notice that the Galactic map can be displayed only when we're on our ship, while the Menu (whatever menu it's toggle by L3) can be opened only when we're on foot.

Skitso78

Ok, here it is

L2
On foot: Zoom in/out
Starship: Brake

R2
On foot: Shoot
Starship: Accelerate

L1
On foot: Throw grenade
Starship: Rotate left

R1
On foot: Melee attack
Starship: Rotate right

D-Pad Down
Starship: Galactic Map

O
On foot: Scan
Starship: Boost

X
On foot: Jump
Starship: Shoot

[ ]
On foot: Reload
Starship: Exit starship

^
On foot: Toggle weapon mode (mining/shooting)

Left Stick
On foot: Move around
Starship: Turn

Right Stick: Look around

L3
On foot: open Menu

R3
On foot: Run

Touchpad: Item case

OPTIONS: Discovery/Option

No yawing, and 3 buttons (D-Pad Up, Left & Right) are left unused).
IIRC, Jump Drive is activated by pressing R1+L1, but it's not in the photo.

Notice that the Galactic map can be displayed only when we're on our ship, while the Menu (whatever menu it's toggle by L3) can be opened only when we're on foot.

Thanks. R3 for running though. That's pretty terrible.. hopefully those are fully customisable.

v1lla21

No Man's Sky |OT| I'm Walkin' Here!

Do not go in the reddit thread if you don't want to get spoiled or scarred for life. Some of these creatures look gross as fuck. One of em look like a dog's dick with eyes. That shit ain't safe for life.

Vexidus

Not to mention that it apparently is near impossible to team up with friends, at least not on launch day (I read about them wanting to possibly add a party feature to team up with friends in the future?), I'm not really the SP guy... more of a co-op with friends gamer.

This game is a solitary experience. It's about you making your way through the interstellar frontier. Yes there is a remote possibility of seeing another player but it's designed to be an incredibly rare event. Even coordinated efforts to meet up will possibly take months of resource gathering and travel time to get to the same place in the galaxy.

Personally I can't wait, as I love those types of isolationist adventuring type games, like Endless Ocean as an example that comes to mind. Something meditative and escapist to unwind to after a hard day at work. God, just thinking about being in this world is making me more and more excited.

Can't believe we learned so much from a random Japanese event!

Also can't believe we're two weeks away from release and people are still going on about multiplayer. Go play a multiplayer game, there's plenty on the market.

E-flux

Man I really hope that No man's sky supports multiple input devices, I at least want to get my hotas working with it and if possible my rudder. I am also prepared to make an voice attack profile to enhance my game.

Edit: I realized that VA isn't that popular so I will explain the gist of the program.
I can map voice lines to activate keystrokes and combinations and I can customize the program how ever I want quite easily. For an example I can say ''pick me up'' in my accent and the program registers it, plays a randomly chosen william shatner voice line for confirmation and presses the ship recall button. There are a lot of fun little things you can do with it, though it's not that useful in fast paced games.

theWB27

I think it'll get 6's across the board mainly due to the fact that it's a fabulous idea ... If you could do it with friends.

I don't read reviews really and this would be a dumb reason to dock the game. Reviewing it for what you want the game to be instead of what it is.

Ambitious

Switched my preorder from physical to digital. It's very likely gonna be one of those go-to games I play all the time whenever I don't have anything else, or when I want to relax a bit after playing a few hours of something more intense. So going digital just makes sense. Don't want to have to switch the disc all the time.

CHC

Switched my preorder from physical to digital. It's very likely gonna be one of those go-to games I play all the time whenever I don't have anything else, or when I want to relax a bit after playing a few hours of something more intense. So going digital just makes sense. Don't want to have to switch the disc all the time.

It's also very small, something like 6 GB if I remember correctly.

cooldawn

I like this picture. Shu's cheeky smile sums up PlayStation perfectly.

I also like it because of that view. Procedural generation may not always be perfect but it'll throw some amazing scenes at me. I can't wait. On that note, my OT offering

No Man's Sky |OT| The Beauty of Math

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom