• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT| Hello Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturusX

I snoozed on the Limited Edition, is that in wild yet? I was thinking of just picking up regular edition but any word on how nice this thing is?

Haven't really posted in these threads, mostly lurked and enjoyed the hype.

I'm so excited for this game, I'm only going to get to play an hour tonight when it unlocks at 9, but I'm looking forward to that hour.

I love space and science fiction. Space is amazing and looking to the cosmos for me provides an endless fascination and sparks never ending curiosity about our own world and galaxy.

It's going to be great and I've decided that I want to try to tying the game experience together with writing. I'm considering writing daily logs of what I'm experiencing. I'm sure others have thought of this, but I've always wanting to write, and No Man's Sky seems to be the muse for me.

undecided

I have always planned on getting the PC version... But now I'm having trouble not just picking up a PS4 copy tomorrow.

Keep me sane GAF.... I should wait, right?

From the AMA:

Q: Is PC getting a midnight release?

A: The reality is that we're still here working on it right now. There's no conspiracy, we're just racing to get all the extra options and stuff we want. PS4 comes out tomorrow and we'll just try to pretend it's a normal work day! Best guess right now is 6pm GMT on Friday, but we'll keep you up to date as we get closer.

FYI: 6pm GMT = 2pm EST

OmegaDL50

Almost 8:30PM EST and Amazon still hasn't given me a shipping confirmation for my LE.

Considering this is something I ordered way back in March no less.

I hope they don't screw this up. I start a new job on Friday, which would have gave me partially Tuesday, and all day Wednesday and Thursday to enjoy this.

Ever since they started using their own courier for most of my orders and last two orders I'd made arriving almost 7PM.

I basically only use Prime for the 20% pre-order discount and the release day shipping. I would cancel my service if the rest of my family didn't use the FireTV for the streaming services.

I really hope I get my game tomorrow and not almost half way into Wednesday.

Con_Smith

Banned
As someone who loves sci Fi, adventure, and exploration games someone please tell me why I shouldn't buy this game.

Cause it's getting harder to convince myself I shouldn't buy this game.

can we build weapons strong enough to destroy planets?

no

maybe in a future update. It'll be as ridiculous as MGS5's nukes. It'll take weeks to and millions of resources to build a weapon strong enough to destroy a planet. This will affect all the players games. It's a one time use nuke

That'd be awesome

Karak

As someone who loves sci Fi, adventure, and exploration games someone please tell me why I shouldn't buy this game.

Just being honest. If you haven't decided by now than don't get it. But life is far too fucking short to try to convince yourself to buy or not buy something.

It will take over your life and you will lose your job and or significant other.

Pit

6v9vDud.png

rPNCqww.jpg

For anyone wanting to see the existence of a woodland planet, I just found a hell of a one.

image_zpsu6ojehtc.jpeg

Planet Winterwood. Maybe one day you'll find it...

N° 2048

No Man Sky is all of those things.
Buy it.

and wow, first time I've seen anything like what Itchy//Tasty posted.

KiraXD

3 hours till gamestop does their midnight/9pm release

(also... when did they start doing their PST midnight releases at 9pm?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom