• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT| Hello Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit balls that planet is gorgeous. And the sounds! Oh the sounds! This game man. I tell ya. Im so bloody excited.

The music and the atmosphere of the game is what stands out the most for me. You NEED to play this game with headphones. Not the same without them!

Also I did a 3 hour youtube stream if anyone fancies giving it a watch to get that hype up. I'ts mostly spoiler free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCS_iQ31TxQ

Karak

vIuUU6O.gif

What about the second wipe. They did speak about 2.

Quick question - I have the physical version of this game. When I put it into my PS4, will it prompt me to install it, or will it just install in the background?

Was watching the Ghostrobo stream of this game and I have nothing against the dude but Jesus, he seemed to be exaggerating about any tiny little detail. He saw some kind of new material and went all... OMFG what could this be? Really? But I am just not too fond of livestreams. I don't get why every single goddamn detail must be mentioned when I can see and hear it for myself.

Just ordered the collectors edition on Amazon. Only thing that sucks is I have to wait until the 11th to play.
I had planned on walking into target tomorrow and picking it up but the wife came home with a 50 dollar Amazon gift card. So I figured why not. I hope it's worth it. Anybody know if the art book is hardcover?

AMA question - PS4 and PC SEPARATE SERVERS CONFIRMED

Reddit said:
Will PS4 and PC Universes be linked in any way?

Sean Murray said:
PS4 and PC players are using two different servers. We are running a control experiment to see who names things the most juvenile things... Let the games begin!

Karak

Yeah is the second wipe on Monday done or to be done yet do we know, I wanna start playing for real.

The second wipe has definitely not happened. Weather its canceled or something i don't know but there was a afternoon wipe planned for today.
Was watching the Ghostrobo stream of this game and I have nothing against the dude but Jesus, he seemed to be exaggerating about any tiny little detail. He saw some kind of new material and went all... OMFG what could this be? Really? But I am just not too fond of livestreams. I don't get why every single goddamn detail must be mentioned when I can see and hear it for myself.

Thats just Ghost. No problems with the dude other than his rampant mislabeling of coverage and tags constantly. That shit normally gets channels in trouble but he seems completely impervious too it.

kevin1025

Banned
My estimated date was 11th.... How Amazon get you yours so early? Maybe they will ship mine early as well.

I'm in Canada, and it shipped on Friday. I was surprised since Tuesday releases usually ship overnight Sunday and then arrive Tuesday. This one shipped earlier than usual and was here today.

Excited for this game, not sure if I needed the limited edition though. Might just swap it for the vanilla edition. Anyone seen the dynamic theme yet?

The second wipe has definitely not happened. Weather its canceled or something i don't know but there was a afternoon wipe planned for today.

Sean has made comments in the AMA amounting to NMS releasing tomorrow (which it officially still is) and being surprised at the amount of discoveries already. I think putting the patch up today was clearly meant for journalists. So they may end up wiping the server again later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Lister

Banned
Watching the streams right now, I can say I'm glad the PC version has FOV sliders.

Otherwise the game looks fantastic. I think the naysays will be eating crow. Looks like a lot of fun.

Karak

Sean has made comments in the AMA amounting to NMS releasing tomorrow (which it officially still is) and being surprised at the amount of discoveries already. I think putting the patch up today was clearly meant for journalists. So they may end up wiping the server again later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Ya it sounded like it was happening right before launch

kevin1025

Banned
The server wipe looks to only be the name of planets and species, the "discovery online storage", so if they do indeed wipe in the next couple of hours before launch, you'll still be fine with your progress and save. I guess you'd just have to rename the things you wanted to name.

...which means I'll have to rename Lando System.

FUCK YEAH, got this, but my internet connection decided tonight would be a good night to be slow as fuck so yeah over an hour left until the patch is fully downloaded.

IT'S SO CLOSE THOUGH.

SomTervo

Every stream I watch it seems like the player has trouble aiming. Is it hard to aim in this game, peeps who have it?

Aliens and sentinels move sporadically. It's pretty hard to hit them.

qsmzStq.gif

I don't think there's anything spoilers in the gif above but if anyone has an issue, I'll edit it out and unembed.

Found this out earlier. If you melee, you do a small lunge. If you melee and then use the jetpack at the same time, you'll get a nice boost in speed that is much faster that sprinting.

I can't 100% say yet but I think if you sprint, melee and then jetpack, you'll go ever further.

Gif above is just one example of it - I've managed to go a lot further that I haven't capped yet.

That is fucking awesome. You're a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom