• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

OuterLimits

The Plasma launcher really is a lovely thing in Survival mode. It was nice to have in Normal mode as well, but it certainly lessens the difficulty some in Survivor since you can now blast your own caves. Now I don't need to hoard as much platinum.

I keep forgetting though that taking off from the planet uses 100% and not 25% of your plutonium.

Also, blueprints seem a bit messed up since the update. Before, I would usually get the multi tool ones in a general order from Sigma to Theta/Omega. Now, I'm getting a ton of high level ones right away that I of course can't use yet. I need some Sigma ones please. Fortunately I bought a multi tool with the plasma launcher.

Also, is copper still found in floating balls? I have only been to 6 planets but no luck yet. Before, it was on many planets. I know emeril is found in the ground now, and not pillars.

Planet I am on now has a bunch of aggressive cow looking things. They also kept attacking other animals. About 5 were killed before I took out the killer cows.

Oh, and screw pirates on Survivor. Two hits and goodbye shield. Also, why does the hazard shield recover so slowly in your ship? Seems strange. Also, does the scanner thing you build not find transmission towers? I actually found a tower but it was unable to find a crashed ship. Perhaps those are much more rare now as well?

Really enjoying the update, even though it has some bugs.(crashes have returned for me). Excited to see the future of the game.

Shame this update couldn't have been part of the game at release. Would have limited the backlash in my opinion. Yeah, the multiplayer stuff might have still caused some uproar, but overall the game is much better now. Even the planet procedural gen is much improved.

Bold One

Can you set up a home base on any planet, or do you need to find a planet with one already?

The ones I have found so far are hot, irradiated hell holes :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
aw yiss make sure to report back

Yeah, I think Tropheum is what you get after killing pirates now. Helping out freighters will also have them call you into their Freighter and give you a reward~
Yeah, so I made a bunch of progress toward my goals, not only not having set foot on a planet, but I haven't even left the system. Crafted the two upgrades I wanted and I can make a third if I can score 50 more Nickel (it's very scarce in this system). Made over 500k with plenty more available in goods if I want to liquidate. Almost decided on a freighter but I window shopped too long and the one I liked most so far jumped.

It's been pretty fun just flying around between the space stations and freighters, checking inventories and buying and selling (picking up a couple new Korvax words each trip), doing some mining in between (I could easily make the rest of my mil just mining the gold crystals in this system's asteroid fields), helping out with pirate attacks when they happen. The rewards from freighter captains are legit as well, though if you refuse the rewards it will raise your standing with the race (going to do this in Vy'Keen systems since they're not so fond of me as the Korvax). It's pretty enjoyable when finding a ship inventory that happens to have the element you need or something that I know will sell really well back at the space station.

Tropheum seems to be the "base" reward from pirates but I can confirm it's not the only thing you can get, some are carrying more valuable stuff. I got some Crolium from one, an alloy I hadn't seen before (not sure if new with Foundation or not), and it sold super well. I wish I had more alloy recipes. I was able to make some Grantine, the only recipe I have, from Aronium in trader inventories and it's awesome profit, but Iridium is pretty scarce in the skies of this system too so I could only make a couple.

77B3064AA840FDA7CC5D3AF3B7E25D5DB4485BFE

096C93426B49F28794C419535EA173E9228251F5

F5B4FC9FCF7922ADFF68B411EFB7A92BF82891C8

FE746D3E523C57931D6BEBB87741C93116EF4856
Shoulda just nabbed that freighter :p

This system actually has a ton of planets, I'm probably going to stick around for a while even after I get my freighter and let myself hit the ground again.
That is super awesome, good choice..

I definitely hope they add in the ability to rename ships and freighters.

forms

I still haven't played NMS, but I am still curious - how valid is mining in space? It just feels as if ship storage ought to be bigger than the pockets of your character.

magawolaz

So someone matched up a star constellation on the galaxy map with a constellation seen from within a star system. No lie confirmed.
Very nice! I wonder how does it work though, I remember warping in a system with two really close stars nearby...
29726091515_3a9b719fbd_z.jpg

...and they weren't visible in the skybox (or at least they weren't as big as expected)

I apologize as I do not have a screen shot and I don't think I've read about this before but, is it possible that HG snuck player models into the update???

You know how the camera angle vantage point always shifts over when talking with NPC's? Well, although I get no real clear image of my own character, whenever I talk with my Gek freighter captain and the camera angle shifts over, I can see a model to the right of the camera kind of in an idling animation of sorts. I think I can see what looks like my character's left shoulder or something? It's hard to explain.

When I am not talking with the captain there is NOTHING standing there normally so it HAS to be my own character.

Makes me wonder if it was like this all the time and now only the cramped quarters of the front of the bridge on some (or all?) freighters now only shows the actual model? It's like the camera angle is kind of "clipped" into the model though.

I don't use a screenshot service but if someone wanted to explain to me how I could easily upload screenshots to NeoGAF then I'll try to upload a screenshot if this is of interest to anyone...

EDIT: Just uploaded these images to imgur. Taken within NMS with photo mode on (PS4). Sorry if there was a way of having the screenshots show up more as a thumbnail within the thread. Damn if I could figure out what HTML tags to use for that... :(

Also, while talking with the captain, my "helmet" (or whatever it is on the right side of the images) moves slightly in and out of frame kind of like in an idling animation. It is NOT just static but bobbing and moving kind of like some of the NPC heads do while they are idle.

Before talking with captain. Notice there is nothing standing to the Gek's left? (i.e. nothing to the left except his terminal):
[...]

Images taken while the camera is panning across to the view you get while conversing:
[...]

These were taken in native .png format but uploaded as .jpg so it wouldn't take much bandwidth. If anyone wants copies in .png let me know and I can either upload them or send a message within NeoGAF to the .png versions I also uploaded.
Very interesting. Looks like a helmet to me, but I wonder why it's even rendered

And my 13-slot Gek freighter (the wheel actually spins! Looks awesome from the ship's bridge): Wish the freighters had names too (even autogenerated ones but would be better if you could rename them.

VYE3Opo.jpg
Love it! I remember flying through the wheel with my ship the first time I saw it, super cool :)

re: the duplicate NPC ships, yeah..haha that's been my pet issue for a while. Actually I finally filed an official bug report with Hello last night for this issue, so hopefully they'll address it. I can't imagine they've never noticed it before. Then again I don't know how QA couldn't have noticed the problems people are having with the building quests.

re: the trading, I've noticed them changing post-update as well. Not sure if I like that change or not. Honestly I wish each system sold more things and just made the prices much higher in some. Seems like the prices are capped to about 100% over system standards +/-, and there's not even much inbetween. It's like 0-10% or 100%. I do like watching the prices change over time, especially for individual traders. For instance, if you sell a ton of something they want, next time you see them they'll often have changed their buy price.

Actually it'd be nice if you could see the items and prices being sold in adjacent systems, and maybe see a visualization of NPC trade routes or something. Trading is one of the tentpoles that hasn't gotten much love.

I think the repeating ships and NPCs is something they designed on purpose, possibly out of necessity so they could have a somewhat functional system in place (instead of no ships at all for example), and maybe update it later in a patch. It's crazy how much this game could increase in complexity and improve its fun factor with even little updates, because there are a lot of barebones systems in place already. Hopefully, they'll be doing just that with new updates.

I apologize as I do not have a screen shot and I don't think I've read about this before but, is it possible that HG snuck player models into the update???

You know how the camera angle vantage point always shifts over when talking with NPC's? Well, although I get no real clear image of my own character, whenever I talk with my Gek freighter captain and the camera angle shifts over, I can see a model to the right of the camera kind of in an idling animation of sorts. I think I can see what looks like my character's left shoulder or something? It's hard to explain.

When I am not talking with the captain there is NOTHING standing there normally so it HAS to be my own character.

Makes me wonder if it was like this all the time and now only the cramped quarters of the front of the bridge on some (or all?) freighters now only shows the actual model? It's like the camera angle is kind of "clipped" into the model though.

I don't use a screenshot service but if someone wanted to explain to me how I could easily upload screenshots to NeoGAF then I'll try to upload a screenshot if this is of interest to anyone...

EDIT: Just uploaded these images to imgur. Taken within NMS with photo mode on (PS4). Sorry if there was a way of having the screenshots show up more as a thumbnail within the thread. Damn if I could figure out what HTML tags to use for that... :(

Also, while talking with the captain, my "helmet" (or whatever it is on the right side of the images) moves slightly in and out of frame kind of like in an idling animation. It is NOT just static but bobbing and moving kind of like some of the NPC heads do while they are idle.

Before talking with captain. Notice there is nothing standing to the Gek's left? (i.e. nothing to the left except his terminal):
VE4JKcv.jpg

Images taken while the camera is panning across to the view you get while conversing:
z4zJXcB.jpg

TbwUSGD.jpg

dmPM0pf.jpg

AQVHPQX.jpg

These were taken in native .png format but uploaded as .jpg so it wouldn't take much bandwidth. If anyone wants copies in .png let me know and I can either upload them or send a message within NeoGAF to the .png versions I also uploaded.

I think I've noticed this as well, but I believe the "helmet" are just the handles of the ship controls, seen in the first screenshot you posted (possibly even the camera clipping through the model somewhat).

I gave up on this when it was discovered you couldn't fly to the star in each system. One of my most anticipated things to do was to attempt a manual flight to another star, while using constellations as direction, so while this is neat, warping is still just a loading screen.

Even though Sean talked about it in an interview, I really don't get how it could ever be reasonably possible? We're talking about light years. Even if the ship could travel close to the speed of light (and it's nowhere near) it would take a pointless amount of time. Even if the star was 1 LY away it would take over a year...without being able to save.

The only way to make it possible - in a "Someone spent 50 hours manually flying to another system!" headline - would be to have another engine that could travel a light year in an hour and do 50 LY to another star...and that's not possible...

5yrTS.png

...look how sad he is :(

Animagne

I had issues with Zinc too, was missing 1 and died with it in my inventory. Finding somewhere to buy it is probably easier than actually locating Zinc itself.

Did they change the way copper shows up on planets? I've been to several that show copper on the planetary scan, but I haven't been able to actually find it anywhere.

somme

Did they change the way copper shows up on planets? I've been to several that show copper on the planetary scan, but I haven't been able to actually find it anywhere.

I haven't seen any floating deposits but they are on the surface and harder to spot than before.

Spamming scanner when I can and running in a direction, I cannot find Zinc. Any tips?

Zinc has been generally scarce with the Foundation update, but it should appear at a decent distance if the plant/flower is nearby. Since it's one of the more important resources but a pain in the ass to look around for it on planet, it's often easier to just buy it wherever possible and wait for NPC ships to land on stations or trading posts and buy it from them as well.

I think I've noticed this as well, but I believe the "helmet" are just the handles of the ship controls, seen in the first screenshot you posted (possibly even the camera clipping through the model somewhat).

I don't think so. Not captured by my screenshots, the "helmet" part of thaf model is moving while talking with the captain. The camera is not moving while the conversation window is opened with the captain.

Also, there is nothing round like that helmet shape anywhere near the captain's terminal (as you can see in my first screenshot from before I open the conversation window.

Oppo

I don't think so. Not captured by my screenshots, the "helmet" part of thaf model is moving while talking with the captain. The camera is not moving while the conversation window is opened with the captain.

Also, there is nothing round like that helmet shape anywhere near the captain's terminal (as you can see in my first screenshot from before I open the conversation window.

i assume those shapes look nothing like your multitool model?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I still haven't played NMS, but I am still curious - how valid is mining in space? It just feels as if ship storage ought to be bigger than the pockets of your character.
Definitely viable. Also each slot in your ship stacks more than each in your suit, and you can focus on just getting bigger and bigger ships rather than upgrading your suit inventory if you want. If you are primarily focused on mining you can get away with minimal tech in your ship too which frees up slots.

Tigress

I think the repeating ships and NPCs is something they designed on purpose, possibly out of necessity so they could have a somewhat functional system in place (instead of no ships at all for example), and maybe update it later in a patch. It's crazy how much this game could increase in complexity and improve its fun factor with even little updates, because there are a lot of barebones systems in place already. Hopefully, they'll be doing just that with new updates.

I gotta agree. I was one of the few not disappointed with the game cause it basically was what I expected but I did think it still needed work and refining but was a good basic structure of the kinda game I wanted to play. I agree with just simple add ons they could increase complexity and improve gameplay. In fact for me all I really need is more things to work towards to make the game fun. Ultimately it got boring quicker than I thought it would because you quickly get to the point that upgrades don't really matter and you keep getting the same blueprints (within three or so systems I had every blueprint it seemed). Adding a base and survival mode already has it where it feels like the game I was hyped to play (it has several goals to work towards and they aren't so easy to get to and exploring is fun cause I enjoy seeing hte new worlds while trying to search for stuff but I have to have some sort of goal to build/find/improve stuff or I am just aimless and I get bored. I'm honestly the same way with driving. I like driving but I have to have a goal or I don't want to do it).

Oppo

Found a new multi-tool, It doesn't have analysis tool.

Do I scrap all the existing stuff or just buy new tool?

Up to you. You'll probably get the schematic for it at some point or you can just buy a new one.

I had a grenadeless tool for a while and had to wait until I found the Plasma Launcher schematic because I had already installed my Advanced Mining Laser.

Sarcasm

Up to you. You'll probably get the schematic for it at some point or you can just buy a new one.

I had a grenadeless tool for a while and had to wait until I found the Plasma Launcher schematic because I had already installed my Advanced Mining Laser.

So...should I breakdown my installs on my old multi-tool before I replace it with the new one? I never done this before.

I haven't seen any floating deposits but they are on the surface and harder to spot than before.

Finally found a few. For anyone who might be looking, the copper I found was part of a rocky outcropping; on the planet where I was, it was fairly tough to distinguish between what was terrain and what was minable copper.

Goodbye floating spheres :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So...should I breakdown my installs on my old multi-tool before I replace it with the new one? I never done this before.
The analysis visor? You'll be able to craft that easily.
Found a new multi-tool, It doesn't have analysis tool.

Do I scrap all the existing stuff or just buy new tool?
I do (scrap everything first) . The new one offered will have less upgrade tech installed but be a little cheaper, and the slots (to choose your own upgrades) are what you really want.

Oppo

Finally found a few. For anyone who might be looking, the copper I found was part of a rocky outcropping; on the planet where I was, it was fairly tough to distinguish between what was terrain and what was minable copper.

Goodbye floating spheres :(

Yeah you really need to keep a sharp eye on scans that show the lattice structure for mining deposits. Nickel is often an arc of stone that looks like a terrain feature. Aluminum is like a shiny hole in the ground. They've tweaked how these things appear.

Moreche said:
A new update has arrived on PS4 but I think it's just foundation fixes.
Oh NO. My
Mordite
grow-op just got set up last night!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Re: copper,

The system I'm in is absolutely riddled with it (along with gold) in big asteroids.

If you're hard up spend a little time to check in orbit before getting too far scouring the surface of a planet.
So, you say yes.
Yeah sorry for the ambiguity, I say scrap everything, then grab the better tool.

Oppo

I am impressed by the size and complexity of some of the base designs I'm seeing on social media, especially on PC... but I gotta wonder how practical it is to create a huge habitrail for you to run through just to visit your Farmer or whatever...

I'm working on a minimalist Frank Lloyd Wright thing right now but my whole scheme is to minimize running time and make everything easy to access. Fun tip- if you put Vaults in a stacked formation, you can access "2nd floor" vaults easily by looking up. That sort of thing.

Was a bit bummed that some vegetation was poking through my ground floor cuboid room and the "floor" cosmetic bits only seem to take effect on the 2nd level. So I made that my grow op room and now it looks like the gardeners are just kind of messy.

Sarcasm

Re: copper,

The system I'm in is absolutely riddled with it (along with gold) in big asteroids.

If you're hard up spend a little time to check in orbit before getting too far scouring the surface of a planet.
Yeah sorry for the ambiguity, I say scrap everything, then grab the better tool.

Did it. Guess what alien liked it and gave me a better one -.-

Tigress

One thing I think they really should add/improve is some way to avoid being noticed by aggressive sentinals. Maybe a cloaking device that you have to fuel up every so often. Going on aggressive sentinel planets isn't fun cause every two seconds I'm fending htem off or trying to run from them (fending them off seems the more successful option). I can't explore or look at anything cause even once I kill them off, two seconds later more show up to investigate me. It's really annoying (especially since it seems all the pretty planets I get to have them so I never get to appreciate the prettyness).

I mean I like the idea that you have to worry about aggressive sentinels. But not at the you can't avoid them, there's no real sneak mechanism. That would be cool too if I could sneak and if I failed my sneak then I have issues with them. As is even if I'm staying out of their sight they have sensors and will turn to investigate me. And it seems there are more of them or they spawn a lot more once you've killed a few (and they know exactly where you are so they go straight to you) so that there is no way of escaping their notice once you get noticed the first time (one time I was in a cave and killed them off and it gives me, sentinels deactivated. Less than 30 seconds there is one in the cave with me investigating me again!). I swear, it's every few seconds, I get no peace. Aggressive sentinels shouldn't equal you have to confront them every two seconds no matter what you do. There should be a way to avoid them noticing you at all (The danger should be that you have to be more careful not to get noticed. Not the danger is that every two seconds you have to keep dealing with them).

I would much prefer extreme environment planets cause at least you get some time to explore before you have to hide and you can build/fuel shields to help you be able to explore longer without having to deal with the environment.

Hoodbury

Haven't played the new update yet, do I start a new game or can I continue the one I have? Had just finished the red ball/stone story line.

I have a theory on the freighters you can now buy in-game. For the cost in comparison to ships I really think that you don't ever completely "own" the freighter. It is more like what you are paying for is more like extended rent or you are a partial owner. That would explain a few things:
1) Why you have limited cargo space (you aren't using all or even most of the available cargo space within the huge ship). As part of your ownership you are simply guaranteed a certain portion of the ship's entire hold.

2) Explains why the freighter has other cargo containers on the outside of the ship (that you can actually destroy before they patch that out).

3) Explains why other ships are docking with your freighter. I sincerely doubt they are docking with the freighter only in the hopes that you will conduct business with them. I am assuming they are docking to conduct trades with the freighter and other traders.

In other words, you are just directing where the freighter will go and you get some limited cargo availability, but the freighter is still conducting a lot of its own business with other local traders and may even be conducting trades between the systems that you are travelling within.

Sorry - I like to come up with my own in-game explanations for video games - especially a game like this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have a theory on the freighters you can now buy in-game. For the cost in comparison to ships I really think that you don't ever completely "own" the freighter. It is more like what you are paying for is more like extended rent or you are a partial owner. That would explain a few things:
1) Why you have limited cargo space (you aren't using all or even most of the available cargo space within the huge ship). As part of your ownership you are simply guaranteed a certain portion of the ship's entire hold.

2) Explains why the freighter has other cargo containers on the outside of the ship (that you can actually destroy before they patch that out).

3) Explains why other ships are docking with your freighter. I sincerely doubt they are docking with the freighter only in the hopes that you will conduct business with them. I am assuming they are docking to conduct trades with the freighter and other traders.

In other words, you are just directing where the freighter will go and you get some limited cargo availability, but the freighter is still conducting a lot of its own business with other local traders and may even be conducting trades between the systems that you are travelling within.

Sorry - I like to come up with my own in-game explanations for video games - especially a game like this.
Haha I think you're essentially right except I must interpreted it more as though you do indeed own the freighter, but inherit the staff and operations of the former commander/captain (just at present with no way to alter them). The base building section of the ship is the area reserved for the commander's personal use.

Agreed, I assumed something similar.

Here's a screenshot from my own freighter, notice that the FOV is pretty high in my game (playing on PC) so that's probably the reason the camera position is showing more detail. The freighter controls are visible on the right side of the screen and they're extruding and rotating on their own, so I'm still thinking that might be "helmet".

Btw, I've cleared up some things in my recent playthrough:
  • Removing the Farming Specialist and his station and placing them on the freighter, then warping to another system and talking to him about the Albumen Pearls quest spawns the ruins on the nearby planet in the new system, so it turned out to be the least painful fix for that particular problem.
  • Pressing the quick transfer key (defaul X on PC) on an empty slot opens up a quick list (two rows, similar to the crafting and tech installing popup windows) of the inventory you can transfer items from (as in, if you're in the exosuit inventory screen you'll get a list of items in your spaceship inventory etc). However, by doing this, you're only transferring the maximum allowed amount for the slot you've selected. In other words, you're in the exosuit inventory screen, tap X on an empty slot, select a full 500 Iron slot from your spaceship and you'll only transfer 250 Iron (the maximum amount per exosuit inventory slot). This is useful when you want to transfer a smaller amount of resources to your exosuit inventory, especially from a Container or the freighter inventory, so instead of forcing you to transfer the entire 1000 stack (filling up 4 slots in your exosuit inventory) you'll only transfer 250.
Showing off my new freighter:

Encountered a weird bug, I flew past the freighter docking ports sideways at a high speed and the game took the controls away from me (like it's docking) but it just rotated my ship in the opposite direction and continued to fly backwards at a very high speed, so I was effectively stuck and had to restart the game. :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What is the quick transfer key to use for the open slot on a controller? Is it the same thing at the quick menu? (d pad down)

Here's a screenshot from my own freighter, notice that the FOV is pretty high in my game (playing on PC) so that's probably the reason the camera position is showing more detail. The freighter controls are visible on the right side of the screen and they're extruding and rotating on their own, so I'm still thinking that might be "helmet".

Btw, I've cleared up some things in my recent playthrough:
  • Removing the Farming Specialist and his station and placing them on the freighter, then warping to another system and talking to him about the Albumen Pearls quest spawns the ruins on the nearby planet in the new system, so it turned out to be the least painful fix for that particular problem.
  • Pressing the quick transfer key (defaul X on PC) on an empty slot opens up a quick list (two rows, similar to the crafting and tech installing popup windows) of the inventory you can transfer items from (as in, if you're in the exosuit inventory screen you'll get a list of items in your spaceship inventory etc). However, by doing this, you're only transferring the maximum allowed amount for the slot you've selected. In other words, you're in the exosuit inventory screen, tap X on an empty slot, select a full 500 Iron slot from your spaceship and you'll only transfer 250 Iron (the maximum amount per exosuit inventory slot). This is useful when you want to transfer a smaller amount of resources to your exosuit inventory, especially from a Container or the freighter inventory, so instead of forcing you to transfer the entire 1000 stack (filling up 4 slots in your exosuit inventory) you'll only transfer 250.
Showing off my new freighter:

Encountered a weird bug, I flew past the freighter docking ports sideways at a high speed and the game took the controls away from me (like it's docking) but it just rotated my ship in the opposite direction and continued to fly backwards at a very high speed, so I was effectively stuck and had to restart the game. :p

I guess you're right about that "helmet". Way to burst my bubble... :p

Cool looking freighter. I actually bought one identical to that one just last night but I kind of miss my old freighter. Wish you could have multiple freighters but oh well.

I encountered a couple of strange bugs myself:
1) Last night when transferring stuff from my old to new freighter (I think) somehow the jump pack from my exosuit ended up in my ship's inventory. I was able to rebuild it (thankfully) but it wasn't until the timely arrival of today's 1.12 patch that removed the jet pack from my ship's inventory. I wasn't able to remove it last night but thankfully that happened right at the end of my playing for last night and lucky me that the patch came out and fixed that very problem.

2) Just now I tried to save time by not taking the stairs in my new freighter and tried using my jet pack to jump up to the third level where the bridge and your base location is. I got stuck within the geometry and had to restart my save game from when I landed on the freighter so I didn't lose anything and I didn't bother taking a screenshot. It was more funny to me than anything else.

What is the quick transfer key to use for the open slot on a controller? Is it the same thing at the quick menu? (d pad down)

For PS4 it is down on the d-pad. Up on the d-pad is for base construction.

I guess you're right about that "helmet". Way to burst my bubble... :p

Cool looking freighter. I actually bought one identical to that one just last night but I kind of miss my old freighter. Wish you could have multiple freighters but oh well.

I encountered a couple of strange bugs myself:
1) Last night when transferring stuff from my old to new freighter (I think) somehow the jump pack from my exosuit ended up in my ship's inventory. I was able to rebuild it (thankfully) but it wasn't until the timely arrival of today's 1.12 patch that removed the jet pack from my ship's inventory. I wasn't able to remove it last night but thankfully that happened right at the end of my playing for last night and lucky me that the patch came out and fixed that very problem.

2) Just now I tried to save time by not taking the stairs in my new freighter and tried using my jet pack to jump up to the third level where the bridge and your base location is. I got stuck within the geometry and had to restart my save game from when I landed on the freighter so I didn't lose anything and I didn't bother taking a screenshot. It was more funny to me than anything else.

For PS4 it is down on the d-pad. Up on the d-pad is for base construction.

Well dang it, just wanted to clear things up, sorry. :) Hopefully we'll be able to see each other one day.

I read about the freighter inventory bug, good thing they fixed it. As for the jetpack shortcut, I'm using it myself kinda frequently now, good to know I can get stuck in there.

I think the repeating ships and NPCs is something they designed on purpose, possibly out of necessity so they could have a somewhat functional system in place (instead of no ships at all for example), and maybe update it later in a patch.

I don't know, it just seems like a bug to me that the same NPC with the same ship lands. Like a simple check wasn't done to see if that NPC has been spawned already. It just breaks immersion for me.

Speaking of NPCs, why are there multiple NPCs on the multi-pad outposts now? I get that one of them is a crew for hire, but there's often several chilling out with no prompt to talk. I guess a bug?

One thing I think they really should add/improve is some way to avoid being noticed by aggressive sentinals. Maybe a cloaking device that you have to fuel up every so often.

Yeah I was thinking about this last night. There's no real way to MGS this game because the Sentinels spot you from a football field away. A cloaking device for your suit would be great, but it would have to be balanced carefully so it's not exploited.

Any patch notes for 1.12 yet?

Top Bottom