• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes preview from Xplay

So yeah...Americans. How do you stand for this kinda of terrible presenting?

"Whether you call it a lightsaber or Nooooooottttttttttttttttttttttttttt"

Did that girl get hired purely because she's somewhat attractive? Surely it's not hard to find girls that can speak and look good.

The game looks really interesting though, I hope I can love it as much as killer7. I hope a free camera doesn't come at the expense of that cinematic quality killer7's production had.

And guys, I don't know about you, but I'm so glad there's finally one game on Wii that isn't a minigame collection or PS2 port. All I've been playing is Wario Ware and Pirates 3.

hobbitx

TheGreatDave said:
That's good to know, I'm in the UK and even I feel like I've watched too much of it.
I could have sworn there was a british gaming network that was even worse than G4 as if that's possible. G4 used to air some of it's awful programming. Like G4's Icons, Game Gods was probably it's only good show.

I really have a feeling this game is going to suck. I don't know why, it just looks bland. The cel-shading graphics seem to try to hide the fact that the game is low-poly. I hated Killer 7 too.

The only way this game can succeed with me is being open-ended. If they make it a sand-box game where I can go anywhere, and do anything (go in multiple buildings/shops, buy clothes, etc.) then it might fly with me. I have a bad feeling it'll be driving from mission to mission, and missions will just be fighting lots of enemies in empty beaches or warehouses.

meh

hitoshi

underfooter said:
The only way this game can succeed with me is being open-ended. If they make it a sand-box game where I can go anywhere, and do anything (go in multiple buildings/shops, buy clothes, etc.) then it might fly with me.

Yeah, and they should call it GTA...

Seriously, if you have tried k7, you know what you could expect. For god's sake don't expect it to be a GTA.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Aristotlekh said:
Remember when X-Play was Extended Play and it was interesting?

Extended Play? Hell, I remember when it was Gamespot TV. [/old gamer]

Either way the show was leaps and bounds better when it was sans Morgan Manjaw.

Krowley

hitoshi said:
Yeah, and they should call it GTA...

Seriously, if you have tried k7, you know what you could expect. For god's sake don't expect it to be a GTA.

If i'm not mistaken, Suda said in an interview recently that it's the anti killer 7.

I personaly don't expect it to be as open ended or content rich as GTA, but it's supposedly an open world game with certain features common in those games. I don't think it will be anything like killer 7, other than the graphics style, and presentation. A scaled down GTA seems like a more reasonable expectation to me from a gameplay perspective. He may not be on the wrong track.

Mudhoney

TheGreatDave said:
And guys, I don't know about you, but I'm so glad there's finally one game on Wii that isn't a minigame collection or PS2 port. All I've been playing is Wario Ware and Pirates 3.
:lol They try too hard to be identifiable with internet trolls.

jgkspsx

Why did the talking heads have good framerate and the game itself look like molasses?

I'm curious about this, as I liked Killer 7 a lot, but this looks very clunky and repetitive. I hope they tighten it up considerably. I have a feeling that this is going to be another 6/10 sort of game...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ElectricBlue187 said:
it's simple. we don't. nobody with a mediocre or higher IQ watches G4

I seem to recall hearing that G4 has lower ratings than any other cable channel.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Game looks sweet, but one major disappointment- Suda looks a lot more normal than I thought he'd look :lol :lol

Saoh

i have to masturbate to charge my sword?? :lol :lol awesome.

looks great but animation and VA needs to be fixed!

Threi

notag
the only thing i hate is that the A.I. just stands there and waits for you to charge the katana.

other than that (and the really really REALLY crappy HUD) it is looking good.

thefro

Yeah,the main new footage is wrestling moves on the beach. Several new ones (rana, tilt-a-whirl backbreaker). Looks like there's other punch/kick combos you can do. There's also some bloody sword kills which are new. That's mixed in with old GDC footage.

KLoNe

Banned
This looks really excellent. Unfortunately, yes, it will get a very average score, it's just not mainstream enough.

Also, 'pumping/charging' animation is excellent :lol

Mr. Pachunga Chung said:
the only thing i hate is that the A.I. just stands there and waits for you to charge the katana.

other than that (and the really really REALLY crappy HUD) it is looking good.
They're too dumbfounded to move. It's realistic!

Half of that preview was of the same generic enemy getting split into pieces. Whatev. Haha, I just can't believe that I didn't think naughty things when I first saw Travis charge his beam katana.

Top Bottom