• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes sells well and Suda cries tears of joy

ksamedi

bluheim said:
20 millions Wii Worldwide. 500 000 NMH in the end and in the best case scenario. I'll let you do the math.

I think you sound like someone who can't stand the Wii's succes. Atleast this is what I got out of this comment.

Arthas

Banned
bluheim said:
20 millions Wii Worldwide. 500 000 NMH in the end and in the best case scenario. I'll let you do the math.

You could say the same about the ps2 with it's 130 million userbase and any hardcore game on the system. Teh ps2 is teh cazual.

Yoboman

zoukka said:
She's supposed to laugh at ya.

And big hoorays for the news! I knew Wii weren't doomed.
I laugh at Wii and its inferior graphical capabilities and non-high definition resolutions HAHA :lol

Neo C.

lsslave said:
chance for more hardcore Wii games now?
Many people know that several core games are successful on the Wii, so of course there will be more hardcore games in the near future. Though it's still good news.

Lobster

Banned
ksamedi said:
I think you sound like someone who can't stand the Wii's succes. Atleast this is what I got out of this comment.

He is and he's been making sure everyone knows in every fucking thread.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Mr. Pointy said:
I'm hoping it cracks 500k WW. I remember that Marvelous wanted NMH to do 1 million WW, but that's probably not going to happen unless it's got some crazy legs.

Word of mouth does wonders, I still manage to sell Zack and Wiki at the store I work at

the 'casual' market is a great target, they are 'ready to move up' IMO and my strategy worked quite well (sold Z&W to 8 'casual' gamers by explaining it in a way to appeal to them, in fact i have even managed to move a few onto Mario Galaxy as well for full-game introduction and they all come back to tell me how wonderful my advice is)

No More Heroes (much like Bwii) are harder to hype to a middle-aged lady though, but to hardcore gamers who are curious I push both of them

E-phonk

Banned
Yoboman said:
I laugh at Wii and its inferior graphical capabilities and non-high definition resolutions HAHA :lol
I don't laugh.

I Smile. I smile when I'm playing great games like Super Mario Galaxy and Zack & Wiki.

Lobster

Banned
Thread title should read:

No More Heroes sells well and bluheim cries tears of pain

Yoboman said:

I laugh at the fact that Wii already has the best game of the gen on last gen hardware. Now I'll laugh when you downplay the game and say there are plenty of better games out there.

No im not talking about NMH btw.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Arthas said:
You could say the same about the ps2 with it's 130 million userbase and any hardcore game on the system. Teh ps2 is teh cazual.

Yet Wii owners are terrible for wanting Okami doncha know :lol I am not even interested in the game and I have to buy it for my girl so she can play it again with Wii controls XD

Neo C. said:
Many people know that several core games are successful on the Wii, so of course there will be more hardcore games in the near future. Though it's still good news.

Which makes me wonder, is Umbrella Chronicles the best selling RE spinoff? I dont want Resident Evil 5 for Wii though, I would rather UC 2 instead ^-^

Congrats to your best-selling title Grasshopper ^-^

Bring the same level of awesome with Fatal Frame! XD

Taurus

bluheim said:
WTF? :lol

*something about PS2's LTD and all the PS2 games bombing*

rakka

ioi > GAF > MMV president? :lol

100k is fucking fantastic for a suda title (and on the wii, too) if true though...

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg

fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg

fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Taurus said:
WTF? :lol

*something about PS2's LTD and all the PS2 games bombing*

Theory here:

The HARDCORE Wii owners (the NINTENDO FANBOYZ! lawlZ!...sorry >.<) seem to be supporting third party games that have actual effort maybe?

I mean... for those of us who 'only buy Nintendo games' maybe there are others like me who have become savvy and buy the best games released on the system (in genres we like)

for another system NMH would be lost in the waves of other releases, for the Wii it has a very avid fanbase who are aching for great games compared to what the 'big' western publishers give us it seems ^_^

Yoboman

Lobster said:
I laugh at the fact that Wii already has the best game of the gen on last gen hardware. Now I'll laugh when you downplay the game and say there are plenty of better games out there.

No im not talking about NMH btw.
The game you are talking about isn't so great and there are plenty of better games out there.

Tenbatsu said:
You are still not getting the game on 360.

Maybe I should write an angrily worded letter

ksamedi

This casual hardcore thing is way overrated. Anybody who buys a console plans to buy games for it. Yes the Wii is expanding into markets Sony and Microsoft never went to before but that is why the Wii is selling more than any other console before it. Not all the Wii sales are to seniors, non-gamers, soccer moms.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
The game even beat my lofty 75k prediction.

Jeeze, this isn't a Sales-Age thread, its a party thread.
Shut up and join the fun!

party_time_top.gif

SGE.ONS78.311207162605.photo01.photo.default-512x463.jpg

lsslave

Jew Gamer
So why do the anti-Nintendo people come to our celebrations?

I am quite happy for Suda!

How often can you accomplish so much more than you anticipate, and if word of mouth sticks the game can really be pushed

On top of that there will be a hardcore audience getting into the Wii en`masse in March for Smash! c'mon retailers lets push!

FTWer said:
100,000 is now good?

For a guy who's games usually sell around 5k across all regions, I would say yes.

I bought the game and will but it again with some extra's added and hoping Suda doesn't defect because he's likely to end up paying for it :D

Arthas

Banned
ksamedi said:
I love the Wii and all but Mario Galaxy is far from the best game of this gen. That would be The Orange Box.

The orange box? Yeah, lets take 5 separate games, put them in an orange box, sell them for the price of 1 regular game, and call them the best single game ever made. :lol

The fact that it takes 5 awesome games to best mario galaxy is telling in itself.

Yoboman

Arthas said:
The orange box? Yeah, lets take 5 separate games, put them in an orange box, sell them for the price of 1 regular game, and call them the best single game ever made. :lol
Well it was the price of one game

ksamedi

Arthas said:

It really isn't 5 seperate games. merge the 3 games into 1 to form Hallf Life 2, add a secret unlockeble called Portal and add an online mode in the form of Team Fortress. Call this game The Orange Box.

Arthas

Banned
ksamedi said:
It really isn't 5 seperate games. merge the 3 games into 1 to form Hallf Life 2, add a secret unlockeble called Portal and add an online mode in the form of Team Fortress. Call this game The Orange Box.

How convenient. Maybe we could merge link to the past, ocarina of time, majoras mask, windwaker and twilight princess, then call the resulting game 'legend of zelda'. At least this hypothetical game would have a common theme throughout, with common characters, and a common background story.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Arthas said:
How convenient. Maybe we could merge link to the past, ocarina of time, majoras mask windwaker and twilight princess, then call the resulting game 'legend of zelda'.

This is a mundane argument man ^-^

It seems that the other console fans were desperate for NMH to sell 10K max copies so they could bash the Wii

for those of us who support Wii AND great games we can be happy that it beat our expectations ^-^

Top Bottom