• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes sells well and Suda cries tears of joy

zoukka

ksamedi said:
It really isn't 5 seperate games. merge the 3 games into 1 to form Hallf Life 2, add a secret unlockeble called Portal and add an online mode in the form of Team Fortress. Call this game The Orange Box.

Let's put a secret game like Paper Mario and an Online experience like Brawl together with Mario Galaxy and call it the "Mustauche box". Best single game ever.

Arthas

Banned
lsslave said:
This is a mundane argument man ^-^

It seems that the other console fans were desperate for NMH to sell 10K max copies so they could bash the Wii

for those of us who support Wii AND great games we can be happy that it beat our expectations ^-^

I know but threads don't post themselves. :lol

ksamedi

Arthas said:
How convenient. Maybe we could merge link to the past, ocarina of time, majoras mask windwaker and twilight princess, then call the resulting game 'legend of zelda'.

:lol Thats a good one. But I think you haven't played The Orange Box to understand what I'm saying. for instance HL Episode 1 starts right after the end of Half Life 2 and episode 2 starts right after episode one. The controls, weapons and gameplay is the same. It can be combined into one game and called Half Life 2.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Arthas said:
I know but threads don't post themselves. :lol

Haha I know ^-^

Besides, I think us NinGaffers have a right to celebrate, since I imagine the majority of us bought NMH ^-^

The same crowd that went for Zack and Wiki ^-^

fusoya59

I just hope, like many others here, that that 100k figure is confirmed and NOT the same 100k circulating all over the internets.

Arthas

Banned
ksamedi said:
:lol Thats a good one. But I think you haven't played The Orange Box to understand what I'm saying. for instance HL Episode 1 starts right after the end of Half Life 2 and episode 2 starts right after episode one. The controls, weapons and gameplay is basically the same. It can be combined into one game and called Half Life 2.

Well I have the damn game on pc, your grasping for straws here man. :lol

zoukka

ksamedi said:
:lol Thats a good one. But I think you haven't played The Orange Box to understand what I'm saying. for instance HL Episode 1 starts right after the end of Half Life 2 and episode 2 starts right after episode one. The controls, weapons and gameplay is basically the same. It can be combined into one game and called Half Life 2.

It still doesn't make Orange Box a single game. Call Half Life 2 the best if you want.

Wait a sec, the NMH numbers are real?!! I don't see any numbers on the jpn site, YOU BETTER NOT BE SHITTING ME!!!

If it's real the I am so freaking happy for Suda right now! :D

NMH freaking rocks and I am part of the solution! Suda deserves all the success possible!

Arthas

Banned
fusoya59 said:
I just hope, like many others here, that that 100k figure is confirmed and NOT the same 100k circulating all over the internets.

The same 100K figure that originated on GAF? :lol Lol if it were true.

ksamedi

Nevermind the Orange Box then. Half Life 2, Episode 1 and 2 are the best games of this gen so far. followed by Wiisports :)

Arthas

Banned
ksamedi said:
Nevermind the Orange Box then. Half Life 2, Episode 1 and 2 are the best games of this gen so far. followed by Wiisports :)

So which one is better than mario galaxy again? Episode 1?

Nah forget it I'm just screwing with ya.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
ksamedi said:

Sorry man, but Half Life 2 cant be the best game of this gen

Was released on normal Xbox

out on PC before that

Half Life = last gen

Arthas

Banned
lsslave said:
Sorry man, but Half Life 2 cant be the best game of this gen

Was released on normal Xbox

out on PC before that

Half Life = last gen

But Mario Galaxy was released on last gen hardware. Does it exist across 2 gens simultaneously?

But seriously you make a valid point.

Batongen

Banned
Hopefully this is true (100k in one month), it's great for Suda, who deserves it. Though, I still haven't purchased the game, but do not fear GAF I will soon.

eznark

Banned
How does a "congratulations Suda on the success of your low budget hardcore Wii title" turn immediately into Wii bashing?

Seriously, go download the MLB08 demo which is amazing, and quit trolling.

nightside

Lobster said:
I think its funny that when Rhindle was questioned..he left the thread.

I think it's funnier that someone could think that MMV's president can't have the actual real sold trough numbers and relies on that banned site (or gaf):lol

Lobster

Banned
nightside said:
I think it's funnier that someone could think that MMV's president can't have the actual real sold trough numbers and relies on that banned site (or gaf):lol

Me too lol.

Stormbringer said:
Somehow, I think he knows what he is talking about... I guess everything will be cleared up soon.

He could atleast clear it up before dissapearing though..

Polari

Linkup said:
I see 40k and I see 160k with no mention of 100k.

40k shipped for the US
160k "booked" for europe

4 ten thousand = 40,000 in Japan
10 ten thousand = 100,000 in NA

500,000 seems achievable. Word of mouth should do it some favours in NA and EU.

justchris

Linkup said:
I see 40k and I see 160k with no mention of 100k.

40k shipped for the US
160k "booked" for europe

Actually, the AltaVista translation says 40K shipped in 'the country', which I assume means Japan, since it follows by say "cell" through in US is already 100k.

Anyway, whatever the numbers are, this game deserves every single one, plus another 150% of those. Of course, it also deserved an advertising campaign, so I guess you take what you can get.

Nocebo

When is this coming to euroland? I need to get my hands on this and not play it due to lack of free time :( poor zack & wiki collecting dust on my shelf. I reall need to free up some time to play it.

Lobster said:
He could atleast clear it up before dissapearing though..
Well, you know how it is with NPD these days... Strict protocol for posting numbers, hints, and all that... sonycowboy said he was allowed to post the numbers for this game (and those of 2 other games) very soon, so I think we will definitely know soon enough what's up.
But I'm afraid that this thread may be a bit premature...

Fischbrot

Nocebo said:
When is this coming to euroland? I need to get my hands on this and not play it due to lack of free time :( poor zack & wiki collecting dust on my shelf. I reall need to free up some time to play it.

Europe release 29.02.08

Linkup

justchris said:
Actually, the AltaVista translation says 40K shipped in 'the country', which I assume means Japan, since it follows by say "cell" through in US is already 100k.

I don't really doubt it. Good news if true.

Aeris130

Fischbrot said:
Europe release 29.02.08

n-europe stated that it had a weeks delay and will be released on 07.03.08 instead. Dunno if it's true though, the official sites haven't been updated.

Arthas said:
Or assume that casuals don't PREORDER non-casual games.

Props to Ubi for tricking the userbase into buying games they don't really like then.

Fischbrot

Aeris130 said:
n-europe stated that it had a weeks delay and will be released on 07.03.08 instead. Dunno if it's true though, the official sites haven't been updated.

Release in Germany, Switz, Austria 29.02.08 - publisher eidos. Rest of europe 07.03.08 - publisher Rising Star

Minsc

Gold Member
Sales-age needs a FAQ so people don't look so dumb (the first page of this thread is embarrassing GAF) and can understand that there's a difference in the amount a game like NMH and a game like FFXIII need to sell to be profitable.

Not all games cost 20-30+ million to make people, and yes, there are games that can just sell ~20K and be profitable.

So has anybody with the NPD report actually confirmed the >100k number? Epic lulz if they're actually using ioi's numbers. It's ok though, his DS hardware estimate for last month was only off by around 150% so that means NMH might've sold around 40k in the US if we're lucky.

nincompoop said:
So has anybody with the NPD report actually confirmed the >100k number? Epic lulz if they're actually using ioi's numbers. It's ok though, his DS hardware estimate for last month was only off by around 150% so that means NMH might've sold around 40k in the US if we're lucky.
all i know is that the eb i work out sold out of the few copies they got in day one, and were sold out again a couple of weeks later. i know we got at least two copies traded in that pretty much went out the door again.

i don't know how many ubi shipped, nor do i know if my store is representative of others, but 100,000 doesn't sound unreasonable given that a lot more people seem to have played the game at this point than had played killer 7 at the same point.

it may be a fake number, but i strongly doubt it only did 40,000.

NotWii

Banned
PLEASE MAKE 'NO MORE HEROES 2', THIS TIME SET IN SYDNEY, WITH BOSS RUSH MODE AND CUTSCENE THEATER, KTHXBYE

Oh and an option to load save files from the title screen rather than the awkward way they have it set up in NMH

The Hermit

Ok, if this turns out to be actually ioi´s number that the president got, I would hereby declare war against that fucking site...

I never understand why people hated that site before, but now it´s personal! :mad:

Arthas said:
The orange box? Yeah, lets take 5 separate games, put them in an orange box, sell them for the price of 1 regular game, and call them the best single game ever made. :lol

The fact that it takes 5 awesome games to best mario galaxy is telling in itself.

I agree, orange box is ok, not a patch on galaxy though

Dascu

160k pre-orders for NMH in Europe?

Wow. This shows yet again, after the success of RE4Wii and Zack and Wiki, that Europe has the best and most hardcore Wii following. I am proud. Very, very proud.

Now that I think about it, could it be that the 100k number mentioned by the MMV boss "spilled" over the NPD period ? Apparently he didn't really mention which period this number covered... Once again, all we can do now is wait for the NPD numbers (and hope that the MMV boss mentions his damn source).

Top Bottom