• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Vote Will Be Held on Graham Cassidy Bill

what is the gop even doing? Are they trying to pass legislation? Or are the just making it seem like they are doing work so they don't get yelled at or fired. Not that I am complaining.

They are absolutely fucked for 2018. If they don't get primaried by an opposing GOP, they'll get 24/7 ads of them all laughing with Trump over it passing the House from Dems. All for nothing.

kirblar

Good. Now give us single payer like every other country on earth. Americans should not be paying huge ass amounts to go see the doctor.
Universal Healthcare is like almost every other developed country on earth. Single Payer is not.
l_z1a_efa66a1ad6bab858bedbdc6b69ef89f7

Im going to asume that the GOP knew that Collins and Mccain werent going to change their vote so they just said "fuck it" and called it off

get fucked Cassidy

Good. Now give us single payer like every other country on earth. Americans should not be paying huge ass amounts to go see the doctor.

I'm actually fine with not making this the immediate response to the Republicans' failed repeal efforts.

The response needs to be to get Democrats involved and shore up the existing Obamacare system.

Once that succeeds, and it's clear the Democrats are better authorities on healthcare policy than Republicans who can't even craft a passable policy, we can be in a better position to move toward a single-payer system. Hopefully that'll mean we get more electable Democrats, too.

Kthulhu

WHOMP WHOMP WHOMMMMP

I hope y'all watched that Debate on CNN last night. Democrats beat the living shit out of both Graham and Cassidy on the stage. It was delightful! And it was wasted time for them to try and pedal their shitty bill while lying to constituents faces.

Link plz.

Goo

I guess those Koch dollars can be routed to poisoning the water supplies of poor neighborhoods now.

Hazmat

A disconnect is not a loss!

This is why they fought tooth and nail to kill the ACA before it ever took effect. People won't stand for losing their coverage, and they know it.

Kevinroc

Of course what we have to worry about currently is Trump and his cronies sabotaging the ACA from the inside. Which I imagine they will continue to do.

Keep vigilant because the GOP is absolutely craven and they've already said that this isn't their last gambit. Keep your senators and congressmen honest. Don't let up until the GOP is absolutely out of power.

tuffy

The Senate parliamentarian has told GOP lawmakers that their authority to push through a replacement with only 51 votes via reconciliation expires Sept 30. So hopefully this latest half-assed failure of a bill will be the last for awhile.

Cartoonic

Neo Member
I thought the gist of this attempt was they had to get it passed this week otherwise it’ll now be a required 60 vote majority to pass?

Am I imagining that? Because if that’s the case then it’s pretty much done.

Kevinroc

I thought the gist of this attempt was they had to get it passed this week otherwise it’ll now be a required 60 vote majority to pass?

Am I imagining that? Because if that’s the case then it’s pretty much done.

They can still pass a 50 vote bill using reconciliation during Fiscal Year 2018. Many people think that would be foolish of them to try to push such an unpopular bill during an election year, but their donors want Obamacare gone because they want the tax cuts.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Nice set of Ls you have there.

Would be a shame...

If somewhere where to...

Hand you another L.

Sephzilla

GOP won't try again in 2018 with midterms. This was it.

I think they're going to try at least one more time. And honestly if it becomes more apparent that they're going to lose control in 2018 I wouldn't be surprised if they ram something through just out of spite.

Trouble

Banned
On to failing to pass tax reform!

I think they're going to try at least one more time. And honestly if it becomes more apparent that they're going to lose control in 2018 I wouldn't be surprised if they ram something through just out of spite.

They'd need 60 votes unless they can roll it into the tax reform bill, which will basically guarantee that won't pass.

Assuming that Repealing and/or replacing obamacare is actually dead, what does this mean for tax reform?

Thought one went hand in hand with the other for the most part, will they just try a watered down tax reform?

Top Bottom