• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No winner yet, Powerball at $675 Million biggest in U.S History

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadilo

Banned
Money.CNN

On Wednesday, the Powerball numbers drawn were 2, 11, 47, 62, 63 and 17.

The $675 million jackpot will be the biggest in U.S. history, topping a March 2012 jackpot of $656 million.

The grand prize hit $400 million over the weekend after another winner-less drawing on Saturday, and then hit $450 million on Tuesday. It climbed another $50 million since Tuesday morning, according to lottery officials.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I could buy so many 4K OLED monitors for that money!

Or rent an Oculus Rift.

As a Sony fan during the 599.99 cycle, this has been an hilarious day.

Armadilo

Banned
They say to do quick picks for a better chance but sometimes I think you get more lucky by getting random numbers yourself

I could buy so many 4K OLED monitors for that money!

Or rent an Oculus Rift.

i was gonna make a rift joke :p

but damn, if i won that much money i would be dead since i would have to show my face get my identity shown, unless i go through the legal process of a firm

let me claim it in secret bro , damn

$$$$$$ we in this

That's really just the biggest we've had? Was it a Mega Millions that was higher?

That $675 will probably be closer to $800 by time of drawing. In the unlikely event that no one wins we'll surely have our first $1B lottery drawing... which would snowball into something way bigger after the announce because freaking everyone would want to say they got in on a $1B jackpot.
People who win gaawwwdd the life they must have
There's a long history of big lottery winners (in the US at least) that go on to have absolutely miserable lives. But hey, it's to be expected, given the luck involved! You're far more likely to die in a car crash on the way to and back from the lottery office cashing in a winning ticket for this than actually winning.
I might just play now
For $2 you get to daydream about what you'd do with your obscene amounts of money! That's a depressingly cheap thrill in modern America.

It's just depressing to even think of getting an amount like that. How your entire life would be thrown upside down and how every single relationship you have will change forever.

MIMIC

Banned
Its going to get a little crazy... What if nobody gets it on Saturday.. Some crazy stuff

Someone's gonna win this one. So many tickets will be sold that pretty much every number combination will be covered. With the small, incremental increases (relatively speaking) is when it's more likely that no one will win.

But if by some chance no one wins....wow. lol

It's just depressing to even think of getting an amount like that. How your entire life would be thrown upside down and how every single relationship you have will change forever.

yeah, honestly i would rather win a million or 2 million after taxes

i fear for my life and people who have my last name who aren't even my family because the search will be on for them
not to mention family and friends who want some of your winnings

let there be 100 winners on saturday

Piggus

The thirst is real.

How would you quit your job if you win the jackpot?

I don't think I would quit working. Or at least I would work part time doing something charity-related. My mom knows the guy that held the PowerBall record a few years ago (350 million I think) and the family contributes a lot to the community while continuing to work.

VariantX

Shoot, I normally don't buy lottery tickets of any kind but I might be interested this time with a huge jackpot like that.

Armadilo

Banned
If I ever won something like that I would waste a million on a GAF exclusive party, ball pits and bouncing houses for All!

adj_noun

The Chinese know how to win lotteries.

chinese_lottery_mask_8.jpg

2014101404.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom